Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big problem I cant seem to work out a solution for.

Platform
    XBOX1

A big problem I cant seem to work out a solution for.

I am running one hour long GT races to learn the AI before going for longer ones. Every race I'm getting the AI stopping for fuel when they could easily make it to the end of a one hour race without refueling. The cars that I have tested default fuel load allows them to, some cars the default fuel load can even go as much as 10 minutes past the end of the race. They pit for fuel with TIRE WEAR ON AND OFF. Also when tire wear is on the don't take tires during the pit stop. Every race I'm finishing first or second simply because the AI are pitting and taking fuel they don't need. That's going to destroy any endurance race because they will be pitting once a hour more than they need to. Any ideas about how to solve this? Are they starting with the default fuel load that could easily make it to the end by as much as 10 minutes ( in my testing with the car they are using) and still think they need more full or are they starting with less than default and really do need more fuel? I guess turning tires and fuel off would solve it but then the fun of that is gone. I could set the race time to be longer than my fuel load allows me to go but then that's going to make them pit again for more fuel.Anybody got any idea how to work around this to make a race out of it?

Platform
    PC
    The AI reaches a point where it has a certain buffer to what it considers a "Safe" fuel load.

In the career mode in 2h+ races I've noticed that they will take risks on the final stint, but never on the first stop of a stint.

You could try bumping up to 2h or more and see if it helps, or you could work the strategy out.

Add an additional 30-40minutes to the race (90mins works fairly well) then you will need to stop too, but also have enough time that the field follows through with the order WITHOUT pitting a second time.

Edit: You can also try shutting off fuel usage, but I've never tried this.
    Last edited by Shinzah; 12-03-2016 at 02:31.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following user likes this Post: kevin kirk

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    The AI reaches a point where it has a certain buffer to what it considers a "Safe" fuel load.

In the career mode in 2h+ races I've noticed that they will take risks on the final stint, but never on the first stop of a stint.

You could try bumping up to 2h or more and see if it helps, or you could work the strategy out.

Add an additional 30-40minutes to the race (90mins works fairly well) then you will need to stop too, but also have enough time that the field follows through with the order WITHOUT pitting a second time.

Edit: You can also try shutting off fuel usage, but I've never tried this.
    .........So what they do during a one hour race isn't what they will do every hour of a endurance race?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    .........So what they do during a one hour race isn't what they will do every hour of a endurance race?
    Not as far as I can tell. I once had a final stint of a 4h go south because one of the competing LMP1's just outright skipped a stop I was sure he'd take and held on for victory.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following 3 users likes this Post: E_Luckow, kevin kirk, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    You have to try. But, for sure someone has the answer.
    Im curious too.

All my races (GT class) are set for 38-46 laps. This is about one and a half hour, and one pit. This is fine, because I do need that pit to change tires (and refuel). Im not able to race more than 20 laps without destroing the tires.
    CPU Intel i7 7700k GPU GTX 1070 Windforce Logitech G27 Windows 10 64 bits 16Gb RAM Just one screen...no VR
    Keep Fighting
    Sim racer since GTR2
    Once something is a passion, the motivation is there.
    The following user likes this Post: kevin kirk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I was wondering if you did qualifying and/or warm up before your 1hr race ? Maybe they start with full tank in qualifying
    but don't refuel for start of race. Just a thought.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz6k View Post
    I was wondering if you did qualifying and/or warm up before your 1hr race ? Maybe they start with full tank in qualifying
    but don't refuel for start of race. Just a thought.
    1 hour practice no warmup, and 15 minute quali.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe try 1hr race with random grid and no practice or qualifying. See if they go to the end without pitting.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz6k View Post
    Maybe try 1hr race with random grid and no practice or qualifying. See if they go to the end without pitting.
    ...Tonight I'm going to turn tire wear off and add enough time to the race that will make me have to pit. The problem is that's going to have to be at least 15 or 20 minutes. The AI was pitting so early,some at the 40 minute mark, in a one hour race. If they follow that same strategy as their first stop, then added that time meant to cause me to pit would just make them think they have to pit twice..... I am almost afraid to test it because If the AI pit twice in a race timed to make me pit once, then trying to have a race with the AI using pit stops is pointless.

Platform
    PS4
    I've been having exactly the same problem, I've since found out that the AI start with 60ltrs of fuel and that's the reason they stop. It's very annoying my only solution to this is to match them and start with 60ltrs for the first stint too.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following user likes this Post: Rambo_Commando