Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affordable motion ?

Platform
    PS4

Affordable motion ?

Immersit is a new Kickstarter company hoping to bring motion to your favourite games and movies using your existing furniture on four pads and Project Cars is already listed as a supported title amongst others including Dirt Rally , Assetto Corsa and Seb "Rally Alien" Loeb RE . Primarily designed to be placed under your sofa or chair but I see no reason why you couldn't place it under your rig and is expected to reach consumers by December , just in time for the winter solstice and that capitalist festival of eating to much and spending more money than you can afford that we now call Christmas .

http://www.immersit.com/#intro-shift
    The following user likes this Post: Fanapryde

Platform
    PC
    Now with 30% more bathroom breaks

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Platform
    PC
    Problem is I don't play pcars on my couch lol
    Steam I.D: Ekay_Jay
    Fanatec CS V2.5 | CS V3 pedals| Formula wheel | Momo mod30 wheel | CS handbrake| | Th8a shifter

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekay.jay View Post
    Problem is I don't play pcars on my couch lol
    May be not Ekay but there is no reason why the set up could not be used under any chair or rig , that is one of the main features in its design . I know it's early days in the company's design schedule but I for one am holding out hope that it will bring full motion sim racing to a level that people can afford without winning the lottery .

Platform
    PC
    Well, this looks nice.
    If it turns out that it can be added to my actual rig, I'd be very interested.
    In fact, there is not so much motion needed to get a lot more immersed.
    Might be a winner if the price is OK.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash
    The following user likes this Post: RedKellyS8

Platform
    PS4
    Looking at the Kickstarter page it looks like they are working on 179 euro for the vibration only and 649 euro for the full motion set with what looks like 100-150mm movement per corner which isn't far away from the mega bucks Vesaro systems , they already have their chosen backing figure plus extra so we can only wish them well and hope it works out . As you say it takes very little movement to immerse you and having gone from a controller to T500rs wheel , pedals and Th8a shifter and realised how it changed sim racing I'm hoping this will be an affordable next step on the road to my own full motion rig .
    The following user likes this Post: Fanapryde

Platform
    PC
    I hope they keep in mind that sim rig dimensions are far away from couch dimensions...
    While my rig (from the seat position) is long and narrow, a couch is very wide and not so long (same point of view).
    I would love the motion, but don't want to get tipped over...
    Last edited by Fanapryde; 15-03-2016 at 16:24.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

Platform
    PS4
    Agreed , but since they are intending this to be used on any furniture I'm presuming they have taken into consideration different sizes , possibly altered to suit in a control panel or highly likely an app on your phone as seems to be the direction the world is heading . With VR coming to the masses I can only think this will be the next , next big thing for consumer tech and gaming and the reports I have read about the system are all very positive with development set ups receiving high praise at CES .

Building a Motion rig is probably cheaper and much more immersive!

Just take 2 12V motors and 2 arduinos and you are good to go :P
    WHEEL: Thrustmaster T500RS, CASE: Zalman Z11+ ll MOBO: ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO ll CPU: i7 2600K @ 4,5 Ghz ll GPU: R9 390X @ 1200Mhz ll RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz ll SSD: SAMSUNG PRO EVO 250GB ll HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint 2TB ll Windows 10 x64 ll

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by IJOJOI View Post
    Building a Motion rig is probably cheaper and much more immersive!

Just take 2 12V motors and 2 arduinos and you are good to go :P
    I had thought about that but being an old git my understanding of arduinos is limited to knowing they are a small pcb type computer . I had thought that since the apps can display g forces could that be used to send a signal to motors or linear rams to facilitate motion via the UDP signal ? If any of this wonderfully knowledgeable community has more of an idea I'd love to discuss a collaboration to bring motion to the masses at an affordable cost .