Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Become an Alien": A series aimed to polish your driving

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Check out his channel, he has some really awesome stuff all to do with pCars. I really found his tuning guides useful for those that are interested in that stuff!

Platform
    PC
    Just want to say that your channel really helped me be a better driver/engineer. Even though I play racing sims for a long time I can still pick up some tips from your videos. Thanks alot!!! keep them coming.
    The following user likes this Post: Doge

Platform
    PS4
    I spent the most part of my evening watching your videos and i must say i really feel like i have been doing it all wrong.
    I used to coast so much, now i have a learning curve to go through.
    Thank you very much and keep up the good work.
    PS. that is also some nice sharefactory editing skills you got.
    PS4, Sony 24" 3D Screen, Thrustmaster T500RS, Nitho Corsa Drive Seat, Pulse Elite Headset

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniak666 View Post
    PS. that is also some nice sharefactory editing skills you got.
    Well it takes both skill and a bit of masochism .

If that thing keeps moving my trim marks anytime I add a transition Ill end up throwing the console off the window one day.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Pyromaniak666, STEELJOCKEY

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Great videos mate, thanks!
    SYSTEM: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.4 Ghz (Corsair H100i watercooler) | ASUS Maximus VI Hero MB | 16Gb 1866 RAM | MSI Nvidia GTX 980Ti | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster T500RS Wheel and pedals + TH8 RS Shifter| Win 10 x64 |

Platform
    PS4
    These videos help me to understand more things, thank you for sharing your knowledge, I didn t realise the game takes into account such subtle pedal footwork.
    Is it better to brake and accelerate using the same foot or can we use braking on the left foot and acceleration on the right one?
    Last edited by Fre.Mo; 03-04-2016 at 13:05.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    These videos help me to understand more things, thank you for sharing your knowledge, I didn t realise the game takes into account such subtle pedal footwork.
    Is it better to brake and accelerate using the same foot or can we use braking on the left foot and acceleration on the right one?
    For cars that dont require clutch use after the start, brake with the left foot.
    For cars that require clutch use and heel-toeing, brake with the right one, unless you use autoclutch. If you do use it, brake with the left foot.

Just took the chance to add one more bit on the OP.
    The following user likes this Post: Fre.Mo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It's funny how you adapt to different habits with different things. In the real world, I drive a manual car and have to right foot brake and save my left foot for the clutch. For many years, my sim driving setup has only had 2 pedals, brake and accelerator, so I taught myself to left foot brake. Now I have upgraded to a three pedal setup, I only use the clutch for the start and left foot brake for the rest of the race. I find it difficult to adapt back to three pedal operation in sim racing with right foot for the brake, while at the same time still use the conventional method in my real car. Go figure!?
    XB1 GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    www.slipstreamracing.jigsy.com www.vmotorsport.co.nz
    Xbox One,TX 458,GTE rim,T3PA-Bodin load cell,racing cockpit,Onkyo 7.1,Panasonic 55"
    Lenovo A7-20 for CrewChief, Alienware Alpha i7-4765T, 8gb DDR3-1600, GTX 860M, 2gb GDDR5, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb, Win 10 Home 64bit

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELJOCKEY View Post
    It's funny how you adapt to different habits with different things. In the real world, I drive a manual car and have to right foot brake and save my left foot for the clutch. For many years, my sim driving setup has only had 2 pedals, brake and accelerator, so I taught myself to left foot brake. Now I have upgraded to a three pedal setup, I only use the clutch for the start and left foot brake for the rest of the race. I find it difficult to adapt back to three pedal operation in sim racing with right foot for the brake, while at the same time still use the conventional method in my real car. Go figure!?
    Oh I know what you mean. I have the exact same problem. Left foot braking in pCARS is second nature, really. The moment I got my first wheel-and-pedals-set all I ever used was left foot braking. But really cannot get my head around driving the ingame car like my real car, meaning right foot for gas and brake, left foot for clutch. (I tried braking with my left foot, once. It didn't work. At all. Too much steering column and dashboard in the way. It also feels wrong. )
    [Specs | ASUS Z97-K | i7-4790K @ 4 GHz | C:\Kingston SSD 120GB (SSDnow300 series) | D:\Samsung SSD 256GB (830 Series) | Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM (1600MHz, Dual Channel) | Win10x64Pro |Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 4GB | Logitech G27 (+Logitech Profiler)]
    [Settings | Tire model: default | Driving model: pro | Setup: default | Controller: wheel | Camera: in car | Driving Aids: realistic (Automatic Clutch: on) || Graphics | Visual FX | Performance]

Project CARS LIMITED EDITION | crank it up a tad | Free umlauts for everyone: | One of the 5% | Proud Member of the Olympic Synchronized ALTWS*-Team *Accidentally Leaving the Track Wildly Spinning
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, tennenbaum

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    I'm fairly certain that I always use my left foot for braking in cars with paddle-shifts but right-foot with manual shift cars (and use heel & toe technique).

As with Emil, braking with the left foot in a real car is "interesting" if you've only ever driven manual shift cars - muscle memory usually takes over and your instinct is to push harder than necessary. I tried it once or twice, never trying again!
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G25 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following user likes this Post: Reiche