Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Become an Alien": A series aimed to polish your driving

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    I'm fairly certain that I always use my left foot for braking in cars with paddle-shifts but right-foot with manual shift cars (and use heel & toe technique).

As with Emil, braking with the left foot in a real car is "interesting" if you've only ever driven manual shift cars - muscle memory usually takes over and your instinct is to push harder than necessary. I tried it once or twice, never trying again!
    If by "interesting" you mean "almost being ejected through the windshield trying to stop the car gently", Iīve been there too.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bealdor, cluck, Reiche, Schnizz58, VelvetTorpedo

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    If by "interesting" you mean "almost being ejected through the windshield trying to stop the car gently", Iīve been there too.
    Sums it up perfectly, yep .
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G25 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Reiche

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    God to know I'm not alone
    XB1 GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    www.slipstreamracing.jigsy.com www.vmotorsport.co.nz
    Xbox One,TX 458,GTE rim,T3PA-Bodin load cell,racing cockpit,Onkyo 7.1,Panasonic 55"
    Lenovo A7-20 for CrewChief, Alienware Alpha i7-4765T, 8gb DDR3-1600, GTX 860M, 2gb GDDR5, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb, Win 10 Home 64bit

Platform
    XBOX1
    I was going to post something nearly identical to Doge's post. I could probably adapt to it but there's a decent chance I'd total the car first. I work with a guy that is a left-foot braker. It's terrifying to ride in the car with him. He never coasts. It's gogogogo until we're about to rear-end the car in front of us and then it's panic brake and gogogogo again.
    The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference but in practice there is.
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Try climbing into an automatic car and the wife/girlfriend drives it for the first time thinking only 2 pedals dont need to use right foot to brake.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not exactly about driving tips, so properly a bit of an OT, but I thought it was worth sharing this here

It explains how track evolution works in this game. Itīs admittedly not a key topic, but it can help you not jumping to wrong conclusions judging the latest setup change youīve just made if you practice in different game modes and sessions.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bmanic, mkstatto, Pyromaniak666, Reiche, STEELJOCKEY, Umer Ahmad

Social/Web Media Manager Rob Prange's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Good stuff!

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    Not exactly about driving tips, so properly a bit of an OT, but I thought it was worth sharing this here

It explains how track evolution works in this game. Itīs admittedly not a key topic, but it can help you not jumping to wrong conclusions judging the latest setup change youīve just made if you practice in different game modes and sessions.
    Another great video. Do we know how a dry-wet-dry race effects the scripted grip? Does it go back to the last known dry level or reset (i.e. go green)?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mkstatto View Post
    Another great video. Do we know how a dry-wet-dry race effects the scripted grip? Does it go back to the last known dry level or reset (i.e. go green)?
    I strongly doubt it goes back to green. The "slippery racing line" effect in the wet isnīt in the game at all, I doubt the model goes that deep.

Iīll include one more piece here. If you remember the "setup implications" section of the Alien series, I managed to display all that info together in a handful of hotlaps. Youīll be able to see in real time whatīs the most critical item for car balance at any given point and how it changes as you drive. So you should have no trouble identifying what to touch yourself next time.

The following 3 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Reiche, STEELJOCKEY

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I want to test the waters for a new idea. After all the theory I explained here, I want to try a different approach. I would like footage from a specific driver interested in recieving individual tips and tutoring, the goal is to create videos in which I explain areas where people can improve by using footage of other drivers, pointing out unconventional or negative habits and explaining how to correct them.

Of course, doing it with footage found on the internet itīs possible but I donīt want to be that idiot critizicing otherīs driving for no reason. I look for drivers willing to improve but stuck in a certain level and unable to make progress.

So anyone interested, please leave here footage of your driving. All I need is the ability to see your pedal and wheel inputs, and a fairly decent sample in terms of lenght. A full stint on a combo you want to improve at with telemetry HUD activated and virtual wheel visible would be ideal.

Thanks in advance to anyone interested!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JimBoum, Pyromaniak666