Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 221 to 230 of 230

Thread: RaceRoom Racing Experience Thread

  1. #221
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,481
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    In PC2, I don't think I ever managed to go to P1 in the first corner when I used AI level >= 100. Anyway, I think 3 pics are 3000 words

    Attachment 257823

    Attachment 257824

    Attachment 257825

    As you can see, I had nothing to do with those crashes. They were happening many of the times I restarted the race, even after I completely restarted the game. Sometimes there were no roll overs, only big crashes. And there were a few times when all the cars did survive T1. Those are the race settings that I used:

    Attachment 257826

    Btw, it's actually not very nice displaying here the problems of other games, and I will not continue with this. I do respect a lot the work they have done being a small team, and I will be playing RRE from time to time. But seeing how much bashing the AI of PC2 gets (not in this thread) and then I hear you guys saying that the AI in RRE or some other sim is a lot better, I think it makes sense to post this info.
    Hey mate , i just raced Portimao with the Silhouettes 30 Ai at 115% not one roll over but abit of carnage every restart i did 4 and the Ai seem to be braking about where expect them to.
    The issue i had with the braking too early was at the new Motegi (as its new i had only been there for hours) so maybe its just the new track Ai lines .
    The one frame drop stutter i was having seem to be fine now and i have my solid 45 ASW again ! I did start the game in 32 bit mode though ! That's were i'm going to leave it now as the 64 bit version seems like ha might be my problem .
    The console boy is strong in me . lol i've been having a blast using my DS4 but i wont sell my wheel just yet

    Edit : this post i did was a test of Alt tabbing out of the game mid race paused to see if the stutter came back , it didnt ! thank goodness but i restarted the race and first corner two rollovers ! lol Im not sure why after 6 races they decide to rollover but they did !
    Last edited by BigDad; 20-07-2018 at 12:58.
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

  2. #222
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,620
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Edit : this post i did was a test of Alt tabbing out of the game mid race paused to see if the stutter came back , it didnt ! thank goodness but i restarted the race and first corner two rollovers ! lol Im not sure why after 6 races they decide to rollover but they did !
    Did it Look Like this
    Some times stuff just happens LOL

    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MrTulip, Olijke Poffer


  3. #223
    GT4 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,039
    Platform
    PC
    Haha indeed I was looking for this vid as well. Shit happens but this is an exception on the rule of course. Nevertheless a great example showing not only the AI can make a mesh..
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Thrustmaster T150 Pro with brake mod & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Challenge, Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog


  4. #224
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,050
    Platform
    PC
    Yes use adaptive if you want more variety from AI so its more like rf2. You need to run about 20, 5 laps races running clean and pushing hard for it to really get sorted but then the racing gets much better. I find they are kinda follow the leader much like pcars when not using adaptive. When it does get sorted on adaptive, they will make mistakes more realistically, race each other harder and just all around better than selecting a AI level. Just have to deal with the build up to get it there and don't fill the grid, just use 7 or 8 cars when doing this so the ai won't slow you alot and effect their level adjustment. Really good AI which I would put only second to rf2 but haven't tried RR since new update which I will try to get to tonight.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, GrimeyDog


  5. #225
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,481
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    Yes use adaptive if you want more variety from AI so its more like rf2. You need to run about 20, 5 laps races running clean and pushing hard for it to really get sorted but then the racing gets much better. I find they are kinda follow the leader much like pcars when not using adaptive. When it does get sorted on adaptive, they will make mistakes more realistically, race each other harder and just all around better than selecting a AI level. Just have to deal with the build up to get it there and don't fill the grid, just use 7 or 8 cars when doing this so the ai won't slow you alot and effect their level adjustment. Really good AI which I would put only second to rf2 but haven't tried RR since new update which I will try to get to tonight.
    So after the learning time with 7 car grids can I go back to full grids ?
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

  6. #226
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,871
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Hey mate , i just raced Portimao with the Silhouettes 30 Ai at 115% not one roll over but abit of carnage every restart i did 4 and the Ai seem to be braking about where expect them to.
    Sorry guys, but even after I deleted the aiadaptation.xml file, nothing changed. First time I tried the same race again, first corner a car ahead rolled over. Second attempt, there was "only" carnage.

    I also tried Silverstone National with the GT3s, that was much better. First of all, I could not overtake everybody till T1 if I wanted, like was happening with the silhouettes. Secondly, no major accidents at all, we could do our race. Still couldn't stand the AI though, they seem so unnatural to me, braking so heavily and then taking the corners at insane speed. I don't know, maybe I am just not good enough in RRE to appreciate the AI. But then again, when I race in PC2 in combos where the AI is faster than me, they do overtake me, but their braking, lines and cornering speed seem quite natural. Anyway, guess we need to agree to disagree on that matter, after all how "good" an AI is, is more or less subjective.

  7. #227
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,481
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Sorry guys, but even after I deleted the aiadaptation.xml file, nothing changed. First time I tried the same race again, first corner a car ahead rolled over. Second attempt, there was "only" carnage.

    I also tried Silverstone National with the GT3s, that was much better. First of all, I could not overtake everybody till T1 if I wanted, like was happening with the silhouettes. Secondly, no major accidents at all, we could do our race. Still couldn't stand the AI though, they seem so unnatural to me, braking so heavily and then taking the corners at insane speed. I don't know, maybe I am just not good enough in RRE to appreciate the AI. But then again, when I race in PC2 in combos where the AI is faster than me, they do overtake me, but their braking, lines and cornering speed seem quite natural. Anyway, guess we need to agree to disagree on that matter, after all how "good" an AI is, is more or less subjective.
    Its the curb on the first corner thats flips the cars at Portimao , its happened a few more times but only on the first lap .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem


  8. #228
    GT4 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,039
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Sorry guys, but even after I deleted the aiadaptation.xml file, nothing changed. First time I tried the same race again, first corner a car ahead rolled over. Second attempt, there was "only" carnage.

    I also tried Silverstone National with the GT3s, that was much better. First of all, I could not overtake everybody till T1 if I wanted, like was happening with the silhouettes. Secondly, no major accidents at all, we could do our race. Still couldn't stand the AI though, they seem so unnatural to me, braking so heavily and then taking the corners at insane speed. I don't know, maybe I am just not good enough in RRE to appreciate the AI. But then again, when I race in PC2 in combos where the AI is faster than me, they do overtake me, but their braking, lines and cornering speed seem quite natural. Anyway, guess we need to agree to disagree on that matter, after all how "good" an AI is, is more or less subjective.
    I used the tips from RaceDepartment. Works great thusfar. Even the AI hit the brakes much later now.

    https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ive-ai.121215/
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Thrustmaster T150 Pro with brake mod & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Challenge, Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

  9. #229
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,473
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Sorry guys, but even after I deleted the aiadaptation.xml file, nothing changed. First time I tried the same race again, first corner a car ahead rolled over. Second attempt, there was "only" carnage.

    I also tried Silverstone National with the GT3s, that was much better. First of all, I could not overtake everybody till T1 if I wanted, like was happening with the silhouettes. Secondly, no major accidents at all, we could do our race. Still couldn't stand the AI though, they seem so unnatural to me, braking so heavily and then taking the corners at insane speed. I don't know, maybe I am just not good enough in RRE to appreciate the AI. But then again, when I race in PC2 in combos where the AI is faster than me, they do overtake me, but their braking, lines and cornering speed seem quite natural. Anyway, guess we need to agree to disagree on that matter, after all how "good" an AI is, is more or less subjective.
    If you deleted the files, you reset the AI, so you'll need to run a few races (dealing with the oddities), until the AI relearns. Or maybe it's just not working for you.

    I tried it last night and didn't experience any pile ups or rear-ending. But I did notice the early braking a bit more. I wasn't game-breaking, though. And it didn't seem like it was happening all the time. It might come down to style though. When I race SP, I kind of follow a strict etiquette and don't shunt. So if I'm not alongside the other car when we enter the braking zone, I let him lead through the corner. If I'm alongside, or close enough where I can tell the AI is aware of me, then I'll claim a line through the corner. When I'm not alongside, I tuck back in, follow him through, and try to do it with a better exit. That might be why their behavior bothers me less.
    Last edited by Haiden; Yesterday at 13:54.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  10. #230
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,871
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    If you deleted the files, you reset the AI, so you'll need to run a few races (dealing with the oddities), until the AI relearns. Or maybe it's just not working for you.

    I tried it last night and didn't experience any pile ups or rear-ending. But I did notice the early braking a bit more. I wasn't game-breaking, though. And it didn't seem like it was happening all the time. It might come down to style though. When I race SP, I kind of follow a strict etiquette and don't shunt. So if I'm not alongside the other car when we enter the braking zone, I let him lead through the corner. If I'm alongside, or close enough where I can tell the AI is aware of me, then I'll claim a line through the corner. When I'm not alongside, I tuck back in, follow him through, and try to do it with a better exit. That might be why their behavior bothers me less.
    I only used a set level for the AI (115), so I didn't really expect that deleting the xml file would have any effect

    Yeah, I am sure it helps if you are used to a game's AI, know its quirks and instinctively avoid the problems, maybe I'm also doing that with PC2 AI. But then again, even though I played Grid Autosport for 2 years, I never got used to its AI, if always just felt awful!

    I understand what you are saying about in other words not dive-bombing the AI in RRE, but that means that you are self disciplined enough to brake a lot earlier than you normally would, isn't that right? Because you know that you will get brake tested, the AI will not brake at the correct braking point. How about the cornering of the AI, it feels to me that they brake a lot, suddenly steer into the corner and have insane grip changing direction very very quickly and achieve great cornering speed. Do you also notice anything like that?

    Btw, normally I don't like racing any AI at all, since I started online racing, but in the last couple days I have been obsessed with offline racing in PC2, Road B cars in Long Beach, AI at 105-100 and me using the Bac Mono at the back of the grid, fighting with Ferraris, Lambos to go to the top places, it's fantastic because the AI works very well there and there's so much difference in top speed vs cornering speed between the cars and makes it very exciting. There does exist a quirk, the AI do not get a defensive line in the last corner (the hairpin), so you can easily overtake them if you are close enough, but apart from this (and also a possible pile up in that corner in 1st lap ), it is a blast! I never thought that I would be doing 30+ lap races with AI in any game and enjoy my time so much. Give it a quick try, how does it look to you? For me, I never have had such satisfying racing with any other sim's AI.
    Last edited by cpcdem; Yesterday at 20:06.

Similar Threads

  1. RaceRoom Racing Experience (R3E) | Sector 3 | Video Thread
    By M-Bimmer in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-04-2017, 10:23
  2. Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel Setup
    By lembi2001 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-08-2016, 14:53
  3. Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel for PC?
    By seek in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-07-2015, 19:32
  4. Macau comes to raceroom
    By yusupov in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-06-2015, 18:01
  5. Global Sim Racing: LMP3 Championship, DTM, Endurance Championship
    By Global Sim Racing in forum PC - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-05-2015, 22:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •