Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: RaceRoom Racing Experience Thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Weird behaviour. My GPU is around 60%, my CPU feels bored and still I get stutters when cornering. Driving in a straight line is okay. Moving my head left and right is okay. Cornering is not.

I had this happen with reprojection on. Yesterday night I removed reprojection which improved quality in general but didnŽt remove the stuttering. When I go down to "low" settings all is fine. "Medium" or "high" settings get me stuttering in corners. I suspect there is a single quality setting that may cause this behaviour. It would take me days to go through all options one by one though...
    What do you mean your CPU feels bored ? If your GPU is at 60% then your CPU is not keeping up ! If your using that 5820K at 4.2GHz your most certainly CPU limited

It would be interesting if you did the CPU benchmark over on Sector 3 (R3E) forum just to see where it fits .
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/ind...-thread.13473/

My 7700k at 5.0GHz is 13th on that ever growing list , there is some pretty impressive numbers there , even showing how AMD have caught up and even passing in IPC !! Clock for clock their winning even in single core Impressive stuff !
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    True, I never did that benchmark. All I can say is that I have a desktop gadget running that shows the load of all the 12 cpuŽs cores (six real ones plus six hyperthreaded) and there is not a single core even close to the limit. Same goes for my gpu when watching Afterburner. Together with 16 GB of RAM I donŽt see where the bottleneck could be.

Thanks for the link, will run that benchmark within the next few days as soon as I find some time for it. Maybe I will do a short video of my screen as well observing both gauges while driving, weŽll see.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youŽre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    What do you mean your CPU feels bored ? If your GPU is at 60% then your CPU is not keeping up ! If your using that 5820K at 4.2GHz your most certainly CPU limited

It would be interesting if you did the CPU benchmark over on Sector 3 (R3E) forum just to see where it fits .
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/ind...-thread.13473/

My 7700k at 5.0GHz is 13th on that ever growing list , there is some pretty impressive numbers there , even showing how AMD have caught up and even passing in IPC !! Clock for clock their winning even in single core Impressive stuff !
    Yeah, mine is not that bad. Although I dropped a few places I just noticed.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Yeah, mine is not that bad. Although I dropped a few places I just noticed.
    It really shows that there hasnt been very big gains from Intel in their IPC and single core performance in quite a few years where the 7700k is hanging with the 9700k and 9900k and it really shows the gains AMD has made .

lol , did you see the new top score ? Post #276 https://forum.sector3studios.com/ind....13473/page-14 its a whopper thanks to removing those blasted Spectre and Meltdown patches !
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    True, I never did that benchmark. All I can say is that I have a desktop gadget running that shows the load of all the 12 cpuŽs cores (six real ones plus six hyperthreaded) and there is not a single core even close to the limit. Same goes for my gpu when watching Afterburner. Together with 16 GB of RAM I donŽt see where the bottleneck could be.

Thanks for the link, will run that benchmark within the next few days as soon as I find some time for it. Maybe I will do a short video of my screen as well observing both gauges while driving, weŽll see.
    I found this a while ago when i had my 6600k and my GPU was at 60% and CPU was around 50% , i thought i couldn't be bottle necking but when finding this post it all made sense . If your GPU isn't at 100% when uncapped your more than likely CPU bound ! and this doesn't just apply to an i5 with 4 cores , it is the same for a 12 core , it will just mean Windows scheduler is moving the load around 12 cores instead of just 4 .
    Hope this makes sense and helps

" If you have an i5 and every chart is hovering around 50%, that doesn't actually mean you have 4 threads that are each using ~50% of a core (well, it could mean that but it's extremely unlikely). It means (most likely) you've got 2 intense threads that are each maxing out a core - or at least, the equivalent of 1 core - and Windows is moving that load around constantly so while it looks like each is 50% loaded, in reality, 2 cores are pinned and two are idle, and they just trade off which is which very often."

From here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...-of-the-cores/
    Last edited by BigDad; 21-10-2019 at 11:26.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    It really shows that there hasnt been very big gains from Intel in their IPC and single core performance in quite a few years where the 7700k is hanging with the 9700k and 9900k and it really shows the gains AMD has made .

lol , did you see the new top score ? Post #276 https://forum.sector3studios.com/ind....13473/page-14 its a whopper thanks to removing those blasted Spectre and Meltdown patches !
    Yeah I have read it but I won’t remove anything which prevent me to fry my CPU.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Has any 1 else added in Game Spring and Damper to their RRE FFB??? I was Reading some ones Race Room FFB settings advice and decided to try it and WOW!!! I added in game Spring 25 and Damper 5 and it Really made a Nice Difference in overall FFB feel...The FFB is even more Snappy and Crisp but also Now has very Similar Progressive wheel weight Feel that AC and ACC have....only thing I had to Re adjust the GM FFB and In Car FFB Multiplier because of the Progressive Resistance to Turn the Spring adds.... The in Car FFB Multiplier Some cars I had to - but very suprising some cars I had to + the FFB multiplier... Seems In Car FFB Multipliers are all over the place... But once you get it set to taste for per car the FFB Feel is Magic!!!

Yes I know most New Sims Don't use Spring and Damper effects but RRE is Dx9 and more than a Few years old so it seems RRE Needs it Dialed in to taste...the Spring and Damper setting are in the FFB settings for a reason... If you haven't tried adjusting them to taste Best advice Dont Knock or Doubt it until you try it.

For a Older Sim Racing Game that's Dx9 RRE is the Shizzle and it keeps Getting Better and Better every time I dig into the FFB settings and Learn New Stuff about how it works.

TBH I don't even want RRE updated to Dx11 because It Runs Sooo Butter Smooth even with Large Car Grids as it is... I don't really Cars about Moving clouds or Sign Animation... I be too deep into the Racing that I don't pay any of that Extra eye candy any attention most of the time any way.

I'm Ready to Call in sick for work so I can Race All Night
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 22-10-2019 at 07:06.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Has any 1 else added in Game Spring and Damper to their RRE FFB??? I was Reading some ones Race Room FFB settings advice and decided to try it and WOW!!! I added in game Spring 25 and Damper 5 and it Really made a Nice Difference in overall FFB feel...The FFB is even more Snapoy and Crisp but also Now has very Similar Progressive wheel weight Feel that AC and ACC have....only thing I had to Re adjust the GM FFB and In Car FFB Multiplier because of the Progressive Resistance to Turn the Spring adds.... The in Car FFB Multiplier Some cars I had to - but very suprising some cars I had to + the FFB multiplier... Seems In Car FFB Multipliers are all over the place... But once you get it set to taste for per car the FFB Feel is Magic!!!

Yes I know most New Sims Don't use Spring and Damper effects but RRE is Dx9 and more than a Few years old so it seems RRE Needs it Dialed in to taste...the Spring and Damper setting are in the FFB settings for a reason... If you haven't tried adjusting them to taste Best advice Dont Knock or Doubt it until you try it.

For a Older Sim Racing Game that's Dx9 RRE is the Shizzle and it keeps Getting Better and Better every time I dig into the FFB settings and Learn New Stuff about how it works.

TBH I don't even want RRE updated to Dx11 because It Runs Sooo Butter Smooth even with Large Car Grids as it is... I don't really Cars about Moving clouds or Sign Animation... I be too deep into the Racing that I don't pay any of that Extra eye candy any attention most of the time any way.

I'm Ready to Call in sick for work so I can Race All Night
    Will give it a go. On the recommended settings from Fanatec it stated to turn this off. So I did.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Will give it a go. On the recommended settings from Fanatec it stated to turn this off. So I did.
    You have to turn the on wheel Spr & Dpr settings On for the in Game Spring and Damper to work... I always Leave My Wheel Spr/Dpr settings to Default/100 because if a Game doesn't use Spr and Dpr they don't do any thing.... RRE uses/ Has In Game FFB settings for Spring and Damper so the On wheel Spr/Dpr will add effects according to your In Game Spring and Damper settings... For Me it added that Subtle Missing Link to RRE FFB because Its Not adding wheel weight in the form of making the wheel feel Sluggish Slow and Lazy to turn it added progressive Spring like resistance to turn/ You can adjust the Feel of the wheel from slightly to Strongly pushing back as you turn it.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 22-10-2019 at 07:32.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    You have to turn the on wheel Spr & Dpr settings On for the in Game Spring and Damper to work... I always Leave My Wheel Spr/Dpr settings to Default/100 because if a Game doesn't use Spr and Dpr they don't do any thing.... RRE uses/ Has In Game FFB settings for Spring and Damper so the On wheel Spr/Dpr will add effects according to your In Game Spring and Damper settings... For Me it added that Subtle Missing Link to RRE FFB because Its Not adding wheel weight in the form of making the wheel feel Sluggish Slow and Lazy to turn it added progressive Spring like resistance to turn/ You can adjust the Feel of the wheel from slightly to Strongly pushing back as you turn it.
    Yea I have the same setting set on the wheel. Both are always set to 100.. Will try to adjust the ingame settings as you stated. :-)