Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceRoom Racing Experience Thread

Platform
    PC

RaceRoom Racing Experience Thread

People say R3E has the best ffb out. This should only make it better.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...future.119177/
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / : 2ndLastJedi

Superkart Pilot girlracerTracey's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    R3E in my opinion is one of the best car racing "sims" out there. It's a truly fantastic racing game. I tried it out a few months ago and I am addicted.

Force Feedback seems extremely good to me (better than Project CARS and Assetto Corsa for my tastes) but tbh I tend to run a steering wheel set-up without ffb (as many do on iRacing) as I prefer the "feel" without it.

I am a big fan of Project CARS and Assetto Corsa but if you own a pc do not miss out on R3E if you can help it!

grT
    T80 Racing wheel with marigold rubber gloves for improved grip! Lidl plastic garden chair & beige seat cover. Custom made bicardi & coke drinks holder. Thrustmaster GPX "Lightback" via CronusMax. Gamer-tag girlracerTracey (xbox) and girlracerTraceyx (PS4). Motogp league racer who enjoys racing on 4 wheels now and again.. YouTube channel: girlracerTracey. Favourite saying & motto: "Give it the Berries!"
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bporion, dodge33cymru, GrimeyDog, M-Bimmer, MAARTEN, Mbondracing

Platform
    PC
    Is there a list of the cars in the base game anywhere?

Been thinking of trying the game out.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    Best FFB ???? Seriously?

IMHO, the FFB from R3E is just atrocious, far way from any other sim out there. This is one of the reasons I don't play it anymore.
    CPU Intel i7 7700k GPU GTX 1070 Windforce Logitech G29 Windows 10 64 bits 16Gb RAM Just one screen...no VR
    Keep Fighting
    Sim racer since GTR2
    Once something is a passion, the motivation is there.
    The following user likes this Post: P1ckN1cker2406

Platform
    PC
    I have spent the better part of a day trying this game and to be honest I am not impressed.

People give Project CARS a lot of stick for needing a lot of tweaking with people complaining of spending more time tweaking in the first couple game sessions than actually playing. But that has been my experience with R3E so far.
    If anybody can give me some decent FFB settings for a G27 I would appreciate it because I am not sinking any more of my own time into it.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    I have spent the better part of a day trying this game and to be honest I am not impressed.

People give Project CARS a lot of stick for needing a lot of tweaking with people complaining of spending more time tweaking in the first couple game sessions than actually playing. But that has been my experience with R3E so far.
    If anybody can give me some decent FFB settings for a G27 I would appreciate it because I am not sinking any more of my own time into it.
    I haven't tried it in maybe 18 months now, so no doubt a lot has changed, but that sums up my experience with it. And as the FFB back then, it was one of the main reasons I never bothered spending more than a couple of hours on it - not to put too fine a point on it, I've felt more life in a dead fish than I did in my G25 in R3E . But as I said, this was 18 months ago.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

Platform
    PC
    I have found the FFB is just very vague for lack of a better term. The cars, at least the few free ones, seem very forgiving as well.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    I haven't tried it in maybe 18 months now, so no doubt a lot has changed, but that sums up my experience with it. And as the FFB back then, it was one of the main reasons I never bothered spending more than a couple of hours on it - not to put too fine a point on it, I've felt more life in a dead fish than I did in my G25 in R3E . But as I said, this was 18 months ago.
    Try it !
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    Try it !
    No ta .

And to save questions along the "why", rather than just leave it at that, I'll explain why. I have a finite amount of time to play games in the evening and, as such, I tend to focus on the ones that give me the most enjoyment. When it comes to driving games, I really don't have the patience to unlearn one style of driving and learn another, or spend time fiddling with settings trying to recreate the feel of A N Other driving sim. I like the way Project CARS feels. It gives me more than enough cars and tracks that I could hope to master in a lifetime and I take part in a league with a bunch of great guys (Revolution Sim Racing). In due course, I will start taking a more active role in pCARS2.

It matters not, to me, whether xyz game has xyz cars/tracks that pCARS doesn't have. I don't have a particular craving to drive specific cars or tracks, I'll drive whatever the game I like has already.

In short, I'm not going to play R3E for the same reason I won't play AC, RFactor2, Automobilista, iRacing or any of the other driving games out there. Time.

PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following user likes this Post: redruMKO

Platform
    PC
    That is kind of how I am feeling towards R3E, Cluck.

I am not against trying it again with suggested settings, but I am not going to take more time out of enjoying pCARS or other activities fiddling with settings to try and find a fun experience.