Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceRoom Racing Experience Thread

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Funny thing is i used Pcars2 FFB sliders @50% as a rule to tweek R3E "Steering Force" the Default R3E "Steering Force" settings for R3E feel totally wrong The FFB effects settings can be set to bring out what ever you want more of tire Scrub, Curbs etc... Canned effects or Not the way they work in R3E feels Really Good.

This is the FFB I use... I use on wheel FFB @50% ( I use 50% wheel FFB all Games it just feels right to Me) --> the in Car FFB I leave set at default setting and get No Clipping .... The only thing I change is the in car DOR is set 900 and Steering Lock 20 for most cars and i get 1 to 1 steering.... Some cars like the KTX Bow go higher than 20 so you may have to test and feel to set steering lock but i find 20 is pretty Much 1 to 1 steering with cars i drive alot.

this should be a Good place to Start FFB Tweeking to get the feel you like.

R3E is just better than Pcar2 in almost every way... R3E Physics and Handling model seems much more true to life than Pcars2!!! IMO Pcars does have a slight edge when it comes to weight transfer feel --> but Race cars i believe are supposed to feel planted and Not have alot of body weight sway anyway ---> My 350z is No pure race car but at 80+ mph it feels planted to the ground and does Not Lean and sway when taking a corner at reasonable speeds.

I have been testing R3E vs Pcars2 driving the AMG Gt3 Mercedes on Nubering Nords, Hockenheim Ring, Laguna Seca for 2 weeks and R3E just Wins hands down... the only thing Pcars has in its favor is time advance and Dynamic weather but i can live without that.
    Have a look at the first post (OP) , it was mine from all the way back in March 2016 before I even had a PC , lol I knew i liked it from just trying it on my crappy old laptop !
    Last edited by BigDad; 12-07-2018 at 12:02.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    If SMS dont do something really Good with the Next updates R3E is going to totally Dominate PCars2.
    It really isn't. Last month on average there were 4 times more people on steam playing PC2 than R3E, and you can play R3E for free. Even PC1 still has comfortably more players.
    Last edited by David Wright; 12-07-2018 at 12:11.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    It really isn't. Last month on average there were 4 times more people on steam playing PC2 than R3E, and you can play R3E for free. Even PC1 still has comfortably more players.
    What we are talking about is FFB and Driving Physics feel....

Pcars1 had more players than Pcars2 --> Pcars2 has more players than R3E ---> Forza Has more players than All of them but that doesn't Mean Forza FFB and Driving Physics Feel the Best or the Worst it just means that Every Game has people that like it... also rFactor2 has the Most Realistic FFB and Physics of all of the Sims and Has the Least players

Since Pcars2 and R3E are Racing SIM's that are trying to Emulate a Real Life Driving experience with people using High End Gear EXD wheels, CSW v2.5/ v2 etc and also playing in VR the Best Sim will be the one with the Driving Physics and FFB effects as true to Real Life as possible --> thats the most important Factor to a Racing Sim --> Anything less I'm starting to view as Simcade Racing which is still fun but Not a True or Seriouse Sim Racing Experience.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 12-07-2018 at 13:21.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Pcars1 had more players than Pcars2 --> Pcars2 has more players than R3E ---> Forza Has more players than All of them but that doesn't Mean Forza FFB and Driving Physics Feel the Best or the Worst it just means that Every Game has people that like it... also rFactor2 has the Most Realistic FFB and Physics of all of the Sims and Has the Least players

Since Pcars2 and R3E are Racing SIM's that are trying to Emulate a Real Life Driving experience with people using High End Gear EXD wheels, CSW v2.5/ v2 etc and also playing in VR the Best Sim will be the one with the Driving Physics and FFB effects as true to Real Life as possible --> thats the most important Factor to a Racing Sim --> Anything less I'm starting to view as Simcade Racing which is still fun but Not a True or Seriouse Sim Racing Experience.
    Sorry Bud , rF2 consistently out score R3E in player numbers
    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/365960,211500,378860,244210
    AC out score pC2 by a fair bit also .

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Sorry Bud , rF2 consistently out score R3E in player numbers
    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/365960,211500,378860,244210
    AC out score pC2 by a fair bit also .
    This Fact is easy to believe because the Mod community is sooo strong for rF2... I am getting into Racing more rF2 also .. . I Need to go on the rF2 forums more often.

Crazy thing is if I Only race Pcars2 then its Great!!! But once I start Racing other Sims then All the things that Pcars2 is Missing become Very Clear... Even the Buttkicker Feel R3E, rF2 is Much better than Pcars2 ---> Pcars2 Gives Good buttkicker Feel but the Bump Feel in the Buttkickers is Meshed in with Engine and Road Feel which makes it harder to define... but its still Ok and feels decent just Not as Good as R3E and rF2.

I read R3E is getting a DX11 update with active tire temps and more.... Do you have any info about it???? you do more Sim Racing Home work than I currently do
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    This Fact is easy to believe because the Mod community is sooo strong for rF2... I am getting into Racing more rF2 also .. . I Need to go on the rF2 forums more often.

Crazy thing is if I Only race Pcars2 then its Great!!! But once I start Racing other Sims then All the things that Pcars2 is Missing become Very Clear... Even the Buttkicker Feel R3E, rF2 is Much better than Pcars2 ---> Pcars2 Gives Good buttkicker Feel but the Bump Feel in the Buttkickers is Meshed in with Engine and Road Feel which makes it harder to define... but its still Ok and feels decent just Not as Good as R3E and rF2.

I read R3E is getting a DX11 update with active tire temps and more.... Do you have any info about it???? you do more Sim Racing Home work than I currently do
    I actually have to agree with this and that hurts me a bit but Pcars is starting to just feel like a small step up from Forza and GT Sports compared to Raceroom and rf2 on track driving. I really thought it would progress much more than it has as it seems to have gone the opposite way of what I hoped since release as I though it would get more embedded in sim racing hierarchy. Not adding in the features we have needed/wanted - drivers swaps, BOP managed by users, better DS support, custom leagues the way they were sold to us pre launch makes is seem like big changes and previous features that were commented on will not be joining us. Raceroom is still pretty simple in some ways including tuning compared to Pcars but that will change. It is getting dx11 also to help VR and then a upgrade to unreal engine. Its getting a ranking system and tiered support with a user controlled BOP for leagues. RR leagues are back after break and the SRS races are always good and full but the random users lobbies are very weak especially later in the day for North America. AI is also a step up from Pcars but still behind rf2.

I also think that its partly the fact that Raceroom and rf2 both are still developing, have big plans for future and give lots of community feedback and communication. SMS will barely even talk to us anymore. We know that development for PC2 will end soon and that kinda hurts its long term viability in comparison. We have alot to look forward to in other games going forward and Pcars only have one more DLC that we know about and maybe a patch or two. The lack of communication is what is really off putting. They were always the most vocal but seemed to give up on us around Christmas.

I also think the numbers of users for games means nothing for the quality of the sim. Just like Grimey said if that is what we used for ranking games then all the best sims would be at the bottom of the barrel behind Forza, Horizon and GT Sport which are not titles that I would consider playing anymore.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer
    The following 2 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, BigDad

Platform
    PC
    I like R3E very much but I like Pcars as well and therefore I play both. Perhaps it will change when my Fanatac arrives who knows. For now I play both.. the FFB in R3E wins by the way..
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bporion, Fight-Test, GrimeyDog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Feel is of course important but its very subjective. You have your opinion on what a GT3 car should feel like but it is just an opinion. Some people want FFB to be as close to real life as possible and some want to feel through the FFB the things they would feel through the seat of their pants but which of course is missing in a sim. Do we rank sims on how their FFB with the settings we've opted for on our particular wheel suits us? I personally rate PC2 FFB as better on my wheel than Raceroom but its just my opinion. And its based on limited experience as I haven't tried all the variations possible in adjusting FFB in both sims.

If we look at the physics engine rather than the force feedback, objectively, pCARS2 has a far more sophisticated physics engine than Raceroom. SMS are two tyre model generations on from the tyre model used in Raceroom. Check out the SETA tyre model - it really is amazing in its sophistication. Just compare the car setup options in the two sims - its like night and day. PC2 also simulates dynamic track, dynamic weather, the effect of altitude, and day/night which Raceroom doesn't do at all. Both sims are behind AC and iRacing in terms of laser scanned tracks but PC2 does have more laser scanned tracks than Raceroom.

Of course PC2 isn't perfect - no sim is - and the more comlpex and sophisticated you make your simulation , the harder it is to get "right". But the suggestion that Raceroom totally dominates PC2 as a sim in terms of what it simulates is nonsense.
    Last edited by David Wright; 13-07-2018 at 12:51.

Platform
    PC
    Motegi is Great!!! If SMS dont do something really Good with the Next updates R3E is going to totally Dominate PCars2.
    R3E IMO feels more realistic than Pcars2....the v2.5 feels more alive and has better a balance between wheel weight and FFB Effects once you get the settings right.

Side Note the 1080ti is making a Huge Difference when playing R3E in 4k or VR
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    Feel is of course important but its very subjective. You have your opinion on what a GT3 car should feel like but it is just an opinion. Some people want FFB to be as close to real life as possible and some want to feel through the FFB the things they would feel through the seat of their pants but which of course is missing in a sim. Do we rank sims on how their FFB with the settings we've opted for on our particular wheel suits us? I personally rate PC2 FFB as better on my wheel than Raceroom but its just my opinion. And its based on limited experience as I haven't tried all the variations possible in adjusting FFB in both sims.

If we look at the physics engine rather than the force feedback, objectively, pCARS2 has a far more sophisticated physics engine than Raceroom. SMS are two tyre model generations on from the tyre model used in Raceroom. Check out the SETA tyre model - it really is amazing in its sophistication. Just compare the car setup options in the two sims - its like night and day. PC2 also simulates dynamic track, dynamic weather, the effect of altitude, and day/night which Raceroom doesn't do at all. Both sims are behind AC and iRacing in terms of laser scanned tracks but PC2 does have more laser scanned tracks than Raceroom.

Of course PC2 isn't perfect - no sim is - and the more comlpex and sophisticated you make your simulation , the harder it is to get "right". But the suggestion that Raceroom totally dominates PC2 as a sim in terms of what it simulates is nonsense.
    as for you post I will agree that your View is your opinion.

Ok Now lets have a look at My original post... I said if SMS doesn't do something Good with the Next updates that Race Room would Dominate Pcars2... So I didn't totally wright off Pcars2 yet there is still hope but as it is right Now for Me IMO R3E feels better.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 13-07-2018 at 14:53.
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4AhxOHCGtE

Pretty good rundown of the current state of Pcars 2 from yesterday.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog