Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceRoom Racing Experience Thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    That is kind of how I am feeling towards R3E, Cluck.

I am not against trying it again with suggested settings, but I am not going to take more time out of enjoying pCARS or other activities fiddling with settings to try and find a fun experience.
    Give it 15 min whit default settings . C'mon I dare you ! :-)
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    I gave it more than 15 minutes with default settings. There was no information for me in the FFB, it was far too strong yet at the same time "loose" and vague.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    No ta .

And to save questions along the "why", rather than just leave it at that, I'll explain why. I have a finite amount of time to play games in the evening and, as such, I tend to focus on the ones that give me the most enjoyment. When it comes to driving games, I really don't have the patience to unlearn one style of driving and learn another, or spend time fiddling with settings trying to recreate the feel of A N Other driving sim. I like the way Project CARS feels. It gives me more than enough cars and tracks that I could hope to master in a lifetime and I take part in a league with a bunch of great guys (Revolution Sim Racing). In due course, I will start taking a more active role in pCARS2.

It matters not, to me, whether xyz game has xyz cars/tracks that pCARS doesn't have. I don't have a particular craving to drive specific cars or tracks, I'll drive whatever the game I like has already.

In short, I'm not going to play R3E for the same reason I won't play AC, RFactor2, Automobilista, iRacing or any of the other driving games out there. Time.

I joined because i want to ram you so hard

Platform
    PC
    The FFB is amazing... for a flight or a boat simulator...
    CPU Intel i7 7700k GPU GTX 1070 Windforce Logitech G29 Windows 10 64 bits 16Gb RAM Just one screen...no VR
    Keep Fighting
    Sim racer since GTR2
    Once something is a passion, the motivation is there.
    The following user likes this Post: wolfscastle

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by havocc View Post
    Dude please, we cannot unsee these things.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by havocc View Post
    You guys need a room ? A Raceroom ! :-)
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

WMD Member
    The cars with updated physics feel great, DTM 2013 (old physics) has a more loose/floaty feeling but I don't mind it, just have to be more precise with it.

I too haven't played it in a really long time and only recently fired it up. Using a G25 (Logi profiler 100% for feedback, 0% for everything else, center spring on 0%, allow game to adjust settings) In the game FFB settings, I leave everything default except I turn off the canned effects at the bottom (engine, brake, 2d kerbs (flat kerbs), shift) to 0%.

The cars with the updated physics feel awesome, I like the silhouettes (free car), great exciting driving out of those. The DTM 1992 cars have been updated as well (including the historics) and they are a hoot to drive. I find the FFB to be stronger than I normally like (I like a lighter wheel) but something about the sound and visual presentation convinces me that the feel of the wheel is correct and I work in sync with it. Dunno definitely a better game than it was some 12 months ago.

So much so I threw some money at them recently They are doing some really good things, their sound engine/guy is awesome. The game still needs works, but its like all games. I am not nitpicky, they are all just games.

I get a different sense of fun and reward out of it. I would recommend it more now than in the past, plus you can test drive ALL the cars in the game. The GTR3 class feels awesome too.

Here is some video, sadly I turn of the wheel as they dont' have fully animated wheel/hands so it messes with me when I drive and I have to turn the wheel more than 90*. But for most of the serious bumps and what not it gives a good sensation with the weight and pull to what would be happing in the car, mix that with the sound and it feels "right".

GT3 Race @ Hockenheim

Silhouttes @ Zandvoort
    Last edited by MortICi; 24-03-2016 at 22:28.
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    Controller: Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
    Output: 55" LG 3D SmartTV
    Seat: Need to buy one or something....

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MortICi View Post
    I too haven't played it in a really long time and only recently fired it up. Using a G25 (Logi profiler 100% for feedback, 0% for everything else, center spring on 0%, allow game to adjust settings) In the game FFB settings, I leave everything default except I turn off the canned effects at the bottom (engine, brake, 2d kerbs (flat kerbs), shift) to 0%.
    Finally some settings to try. Disabling the canned effects made a huge difference, what is the purpose of them? They just hid any real detail. The FFB still isn't amazing though, not bad, but not amazing.
    It must be some of the cars themselves that just feel a bit vague in the FFB/response areas, I got around to trying the open wheeler car and that was quite fun and felt quite good.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    The FFB at this time from RRE is like a Hovercraft ... specialy the GT3 Cars...horrible!

And no realistic physical Damage. But the Passion off the Devs for realistic and Simulation
    have a good Base for a fantastic Sim and League Racer!

The Deticated Server and the TV Overlay tool from S3 RRE, is a Dream and much better
    then pCars!

The Guys have more Power to bring the PC Gaming in front... its time to get the "Consoles"
    Arcarde boys ;-)

Thats the way for real Simracing... and League Racing!

Last edited by wolfscastle; 25-03-2016 at 13:18.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    Finally some settings to try. Disabling the canned effects made a huge difference, what is the purpose of them? They just hid any real detail. The FFB still isn't amazing though, not bad, but not amazing.
    It must be some of the cars themselves that just feel a bit vague in the FFB/response areas, I got around to trying the open wheeler car and that was quite fun and felt quite good.
    Certain cars haven't gotten the tires or physics update yet. As for the canned effects, they are there for people who want them. I personally don't like em either.

Cars I know have been updated:

DTM 2015
    GTR3 Class
    DTM 1992
    Historic Touring
    ADAC 13
    ADAC 14
    Silhouette
    Aquila
    Audi TT
    NSU
    FR2
    BMW M1 procar
    Group 5 (maybe)

Those are the only ones I know of, there might be some I missed, but more cars will be updated soon^TM.

Also try these settings for a G27 from Georg Ortner, might need adjustment for a G25:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/ind...e-2#post-21375
    Last edited by MortICi; 25-03-2016 at 14:59.
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    Controller: Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
    Output: 55" LG 3D SmartTV
    Seat: Need to buy one or something....