Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceRoom Racing Experience Thread

Platform
    PC
    for me anyway its the best looking sim racing game in VR .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I tried the free cars & tracks a while ago then uninstalled the game.
    I decided to give another try because of the free weekend, the game is pretty good, looks nice, good car handling, good controller support, nice selection of cars & tracks, the problem is the always-online requirement & the high prices for content. The money I'd spend on 1 car pack I could buy another game with more content + mod support.

Platform
    PC
    I've been waiting for another one of these free weekends and of course they throw it on a weekend when I'm out of town. Typical .
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    I tried the free cars & tracks a while ago then uninstalled the game.
    I decided to give another try because of the free weekend, the game is pretty good, looks nice, good car handling, good controller support, nice selection of cars & tracks, the problem is the always-online requirement & the high prices for content. The money I'd spend on 1 car pack I could buy another game with more content + mod support.
    You may have purchased that car pack through Steam ! If you buy through the official RaceRoom store prices are a lot more affordable . Steam prices are ludicrous .
    I purchased all content a year ago for around $60 aud , more content has been released since so i need to spend a little more to get those cars and tracks .
    I really enjoy their lesser known tracks instead of the always same same , although they still have the big popular tracks also .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I purchased all content a year ago for around $60 aud , more content has been released since so i need to spend a little more to get those cars and tracks .
    This is my biggest issue with their pricing system. A lot of people reach a point where it would be cheaper to make a new account and purchase the complete bundle again than it would be to top up on the pieces of content that have been individually released since their purchase.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    Is there a list of the cars in the base game anywhere?

Been thinking of trying the game out.
    If you go on the car options it says which ones are free.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You may have purchased that car pack through Steam ! If you buy through the official RaceRoom store prices are a lot more affordable . Steam prices are ludicrous .
    Every time I checked prices I did so on both Steam & official R3E store, official store prices are cheaper than Steam but are still quite expensive compared to other games. Just the tracks would cost me a ton of money, getting the complete pack is simply not worth it for the insanely expensive price they charge.
    Even if they come up with some really good sale there's still the issue of always-online requirement.

Platform
    PC
    Every time I checked prices I did so on both Steam & official R3E store, official store prices are cheaper than Steam but are still quite expensive compared to other games. Just the tracks would cost me a ton of money, getting the complete pack is simply not worth it for the insanely expensive price they charge.
    Even if they come up with some really good sale there's still the issue of always-online requirement.
    Im pretty sure the 19 pack with Nordschlife was $20 last time I looked, then 3-5$ each track ain't too bad.
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Im pretty sure the 19 pack with Nordschlife was $20 last time I looked, then 3-5$ each track ain't too bad.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that.
    R$12-20 per track is pretty expensive imo, getting all the tracks would cost R$250+ (regular price for PCars2 Deluxe Edition with all DLC is R$250, AC + all DLC = R$190, rF2 + all DLC = R$163, AMS + all DLC = R$108), full pack with all cars & tracks for R$404 is simply beyond what I'm willing to pay for a racing game regardless of how good it is, especially one that requires constant internet connection.

Platform
    PC
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that.
    R$12-20 per track is pretty expensive imo, getting all the tracks would cost R$250+ (regular price for PCars2 Deluxe Edition with all DLC is R$250, AC + all DLC = R$190, rF2 + all DLC = R$163, AMS + all DLC = R$108), full pack with all cars & tracks for R$404 is simply beyond what I'm willing to pay for a racing game regardless of how good it is, especially one that requires constant internet connection.
    http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/european-tracks
    €15 for 19 tracks,
    http://game.raceroom.com/store/tracks/

http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/american-track-pack
    4 tracks here for €9!
    So 23 tracks for €24, €1 per track, nothing like your €12-€20 as you suggested.

Then there are bulk buy discounts and sales.

Not sure where your looking?
    Last edited by BigDad; 25-03-2018 at 07:10.