Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 190

Thread: RaceRoom Racing Experience Thread

  1. #51
    WMD Member bporion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    826
    Platform
    PC
    for me anyway its the best looking sim racing game in VR .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .


    First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad


  2. #52
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,407
    Platform
    PC
    I tried the free cars & tracks a while ago then uninstalled the game.
    I decided to give another try because of the free weekend, the game is pretty good, looks nice, good car handling, good controller support, nice selection of cars & tracks, the problem is the always-online requirement & the high prices for content. The money I'd spend on 1 car pack I could buy another game with more content + mod support.

  3. #53
    GT5 Pilot Silraed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,657
    Platform
    PC
    I've been waiting for another one of these free weekends and of course they throw it on a weekend when I'm out of town. Typical .
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms


  4. #54
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,457
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    I tried the free cars & tracks a while ago then uninstalled the game.
    I decided to give another try because of the free weekend, the game is pretty good, looks nice, good car handling, good controller support, nice selection of cars & tracks, the problem is the always-online requirement & the high prices for content. The money I'd spend on 1 car pack I could buy another game with more content + mod support.
    You may have purchased that car pack through Steam ! If you buy through the official RaceRoom store prices are a lot more affordable . Steam prices are ludicrous .
    I purchased all content a year ago for around $60 aud , more content has been released since so i need to spend a little more to get those cars and tracks .
    I really enjoy their lesser known tracks instead of the always same same , although they still have the big popular tracks also .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :
    The following user likes this Post: bporion


  5. #55
    GT5 Pilot Silraed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,657
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I purchased all content a year ago for around $60 aud , more content has been released since so i need to spend a little more to get those cars and tracks .
    This is my biggest issue with their pricing system. A lot of people reach a point where it would be cheaper to make a new account and purchase the complete bundle again than it would be to top up on the pieces of content that have been individually released since their purchase.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

  6. #56
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,163
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    Is there a list of the cars in the base game anywhere?

    Been thinking of trying the game out.
    If you go on the car options it says which ones are free.

  7. #57
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,407
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    You may have purchased that car pack through Steam ! If you buy through the official RaceRoom store prices are a lot more affordable . Steam prices are ludicrous .
    Every time I checked prices I did so on both Steam & official R3E store, official store prices are cheaper than Steam but are still quite expensive compared to other games. Just the tracks would cost me a ton of money, getting the complete pack is simply not worth it for the insanely expensive price they charge.
    Even if they come up with some really good sale there's still the issue of always-online requirement.

  8. #58
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,457
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Every time I checked prices I did so on both Steam & official R3E store, official store prices are cheaper than Steam but are still quite expensive compared to other games. Just the tracks would cost me a ton of money, getting the complete pack is simply not worth it for the insanely expensive price they charge.
    Even if they come up with some really good sale there's still the issue of always-online requirement.
    Im pretty sure the 19 pack with Nordschlife was $20 last time I looked, then 3-5$ each track ain't too bad.
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

  9. #59
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,407
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Im pretty sure the 19 pack with Nordschlife was $20 last time I looked, then 3-5$ each track ain't too bad.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that.
    R$12-20 per track is pretty expensive imo, getting all the tracks would cost R$250+ (regular price for PCars2 Deluxe Edition with all DLC is R$250, AC + all DLC = R$190, rF2 + all DLC = R$163, AMS + all DLC = R$108), full pack with all cars & tracks for R$404 is simply beyond what I'm willing to pay for a racing game regardless of how good it is, especially one that requires constant internet connection.

  10. #60
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,457
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that.
    R$12-20 per track is pretty expensive imo, getting all the tracks would cost R$250+ (regular price for PCars2 Deluxe Edition with all DLC is R$250, AC + all DLC = R$190, rF2 + all DLC = R$163, AMS + all DLC = R$108), full pack with all cars & tracks for R$404 is simply beyond what I'm willing to pay for a racing game regardless of how good it is, especially one that requires constant internet connection.
    http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/european-tracks
    €15 for 19 tracks,
    http://game.raceroom.com/store/tracks/

    http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/american-track-pack
    4 tracks here for €9!
    So 23 tracks for €24, €1 per track, nothing like your €12-€20 as you suggested.

    Then there are bulk buy discounts and sales.

    Not sure where your looking?
    Last edited by BigDad; 25-03-2018 at 07:10.
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

Similar Threads

  1. RaceRoom Racing Experience (R3E) | Sector 3 | Video Thread
    By M-Bimmer in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-04-2017, 10:23
  2. Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel Setup
    By lembi2001 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-08-2016, 14:53
  3. Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel for PC?
    By seek in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-07-2015, 19:32
  4. Macau comes to raceroom
    By yusupov in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-06-2015, 18:01
  5. Global Sim Racing: LMP3 Championship, DTM, Endurance Championship
    By Global Sim Racing in forum PC - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-05-2015, 22:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •