Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Project Cars DLC won't download

Platform
    PS4

[RESOLVED] Project Cars DLC won't download

Hi everyone

I'm a noob to Project Cars and got a problem downloading any DLC from PSN!!!!
    I've read a few bits on here but nothing concrete.
    I've got it in disc form and have had it loaded to the main screen and still it won't download any content it will just sit there in the download menu and if u click on it it won't do anything.
    Any help from you would be great as I'm enjoying the game but we all like the extra content but I'm at a loss in getting it to load
    Last edited by Garry45; 23-03-2016 at 10:13.

Platform
    PC
    I'm not a PS4 expert but you could try this:

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    Have you tried to restore your license ?

On the PlayStations menu go to settings, go to PSN and select restore license.

If you made another account just to get the DLC you have to make sure that account is set as primary (regardless if your other account is the systems primary, you can have multiple primary accounts on a single system). If you want to use content thats from another account the above is what you have to do, if its not set as primary you wont be able to use said content on any other account on that system except for the sole account that bought it.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Garry45

Platform
    PS4
    Hi Bealdor

Thanks for the reply and I will give that a go but not sure I explained myself properly and now I've read my post again I think it's confusing even to me ha ha

I've brought project cars in disc form and I want to add all the extra free cars but it would not let me download,
    I've only got one account for the ps4 and it's put as my main device and again I'm a noob to ps4 after spending years on the PS3.
    So far I've got all my games on the hard drive and have had no problems downloading any other in game free or payed for content which is frustrating.
    I've tried to google my problem but nothing I've read so far has helped so is this a system problem and do I need to contact Sony/PSN with my issue.
    As I've already said any stored games and I've brought extras have downloaded no problem

Many thanks again

Platform
    PS4
    You need to restore your licence , Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licences]. Do that then go back and download the content .
    Psn Markripp1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ports View Post
    You need to restore your licence , Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licences]. Do that then go back and download the content .
    Thanks ports
    I've just done as Bealdor suggested and so far it still says waiting to download ��

Can you please confirm I'm doing this right.
    I've loaded the game to the menu screen and then gone into downloads and pressed on them and it's still just waiting to downloa.
    Shall I delete the downloads and start again???

Many thanks again

Platform
    PS4
    I've even restarted my system and still no joy :-(
    Gone and restored my license again and again no joy.
    I'm not going to worry to much but would have liked the free cars to mess about with.

Platform
    PS4
    Yeah mate delete them also restart your ps4 and download the dlc from the psn store don't start the game until you have downloaded the content . Have you restored licences it's what fixes the issue restore your licences again then restart console then download dlc ,then you should be good mate.

Edit ,make sure your account is set to primary account same place as restore licence
    Psn Markripp1

Platform
    PS4
    Yeah mate delete them also restart your ps4 and download the dlc from the psn store don't start the game until you have downloaded the content . Have you restored licences it's what fixes the issue restore your licences again then restart console then download dlc ,then you should be good mate.

Edit ,make sure your account is set to primary account same place as restore licence
    Thanks again mate

Will have another go in a bit and let you no as its lunch time..

Garry

Platform
    PS4

Well I've tried everything mention and still nothing absolutely nothing...
    I don't no if anyone else has had problems with downloading content to project cars or is it just me ha ha
    Will leave the downloads in that section and leave my ps4 on standby and see if a miracle happens but I'm not holding out.
    Thanks again for your help guys but at a loss and maybe it could be a PSN problem!!!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    As the others have said - Set the PS4 to primary under Settings>PlayStation Network/Account Management.

Also go to pCARS on the main screen, scroll down to Related Items, you'll see a section called My Add-Ons, download them again from there.

Out of curiosity, did you download them through the On Demand section in pCARS? I've had similar issues when adding stuff using this method in other games, so I tend to search the store instead.
    Last edited by DavidCore89; 23-03-2016 at 14:36.