Thread: What's the Story with MP Replays?

Platform
    XBOX1 X

What's the Story with MP Replays?

I was viewing a replay from an online race and it looked a fairly different from the race I experienced.

Two cars stuck at the grid for the whole replay even though it was a rolling start. Replay crashed and looped the first time I went through about 8 minutes of it (11 min replay).

I wanted to record the end because it was an exciting race between me and another car and a last lap pass. Only to find out their car isn't on the replay even though I could clearly hear it next to my car in to the last turn.

Have replays had this many bugs?

Platform
    PC
    There's known issues with MP replays if people leave before the race has ended and/or the replay has been saved (I think).
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: Rockefelluh

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    There is also a bug with join-in-progress lobbies. If you have a qualifying session beforehand and somebody joins and/or leaves it before the session is over, then the subsequent replay will have problems.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Roger Prynne, Sankyo

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    AH

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    There's known issues with MP replays if people leave before the race has ended and/or the replay has been saved (I think).
    the replay crash issue only started since patch 8.0. I know focus is on pcars 2 but considering it worked fine before 8.0 then it needs to be fixed as it renders replays unusable now.

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Really sucks when you're trying to run a league and you need the replays for review of incidents. The racing action is usually correct, but all the drivers and GamerTags are mixed up and you're left trying to piece together a puzzle. But I guess I will just keep posting my SMS Replay FAILS until they decide to fix it.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts