Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Setup vs Driver Error

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Question Setup vs Driver Error

How does one determine whether an issue is setup related or driver error?

A few of my GT3s have a wiggling action on high speed turn in. The front goes from grippy to understeer, then back to grippy. The only way I have been able to mitigate this is by making the front as soft as possible and making the rear extremely stiff. This causes tire wear issues, but i seem to be the only one that has this grip problem. I have a very difficult time getting rid of understeer. I could run stiffer rear springs and dampers in the Bentley and Cadillac and still manage to get understeer.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Are you using your own setup? You can try using a setup from the setup database and see if the same thing happens.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Ive used different setups. Lots of combinations, lots of driving. over 12K miles in the ATS alone

Platform
    XBOX1
    work your diff settings. ABS off with a good brake pressure setting to prevent lock up helped me with braking understeer. If your getting major understeer in the Bentley maybe its a controls setting issue. I think the majority of comments about the Bentley I have read on here is it having a lot of oversteer, not understeer.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    So understeer on turn-in, hey?
    Have you tried braking a fraction earlier?
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    work your diff settings. ABS off with a good brake pressure setting to prevent lock up helped me with braking understeer. If your getting major understeer in the Bentley maybe its a controls setting issue. I think the majority of comments about the Bentley I have read on here is it having a lot of oversteer, not understeer.
    the diff didnt seem to do enough on its own and felt like it needed to be complemented by other settings. I think my issue is chassis related. In replay, I always see a lot of understeer. Its clearly noticeable. What control settings could be the issue? my sensitivity is high, deadzone is at 4. A friend told me to run a high filtering sensitivity, but it made my car feel dead and slow to turn. before that my filtering sensitivity was at zero.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    So understeer on turn-in, hey?
    Have you tried braking a fraction earlier?
    yea, i even ran my braking pressure at 70% to encourage trail braking. Sometimes it worked well, like on tracks like Spa. Other times the rear just started to slide out. I never actually spun out from this though, just a small drift

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    But if you're getting understeer with setups that others don't it must be driver related?
    Check your corner entry speeds with your friends.. Are you using wheel or controller?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Controller. I only have two friends on controllers that are faster than me. They are really good with trail braking. I get more understeer and the wiggling effect when i use a setup from a wheel. Im generally a hard braker. I like to do most of the braking before the official corner, then coast from entry to apex, then throttle once past the apex. I've been driving like that since GT5. could that be the cause?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by B3ntley View Post
    the diff didnt seem to do enough on its own and felt like it needed to be complemented by other settings. I think my issue is chassis related. In replay, I always see a lot of understeer. Its clearly noticeable. What control settings could be the issue? my sensitivity is high, deadzone is at 4. A friend told me to run a high filtering sensitivity, but it made my car feel dead and slow to turn. before that my filtering sensitivity was at zero.
    ........For me the biggest effect causing understeer is speed sensitivity to high. There is a thousand different control combination that you can use. Each one of them feeling different. The only setting that keeped me on the right track for controller settings was 0 deadzone and 0 STEERING sensitivity no matter what changes I made. But yea if you want to take big swings and overcome understeer is lower the SPEED sensitivity.