Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Juddering at 60 fps

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    as far as I know all have a trembling of the camera, perhaps not all pay attention to it.
    Developers did not consider it necessary to correct it.

We will hope that in the second part a game of these problems will not be.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe62 View Post
    Still no change then ?

Badly written, porridge code.

Can't imagine how PC 2 will be any better, unless they've employed someone who can actually create decent 3d code.
    Have you watched any of the many many videos of Project CARS 2 lately?
    1080p with rock solid 60 fps, 4K with rock solid 60 fps.
    Maybe you haven't, but I would recommend you do.

Great first post by the way!
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 17-07-2017 at 13:48.
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary

The following user likes this Post: BullWinkle

..... blah, blah, blah...

I'm so shocked about how badly coded this game is, I'm putting a video on Youtube to see if anyone can explain why, after 4 years (?) of development, at the end of a straight, my gpu usage goes from 45% usage and 100fps, to 99% usage and 25fps.

.. blah, blah...
    If you can't get a constant 60FPS, have you tried the rather simple expedient of trying to find the worst conditions in game and making sure you get 60 fps then.. it really is a simple solution and one I apply to ALL games I play (including Skyrim, a game designed to run on 4 year older hardware than Project CARS, as that's when it came out..)

and it would really help if you posted some information about what exactly your MK2 potato is... and what settings you are running at..

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + Clubsport pedals + shifter set - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i3-4130T - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX750Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following user likes this Post: BullWinkle

Platform
    PC
    I'm just wandering around Skyrim at the moment. 100fps, and more trees than you can throw an acorn at....yet, I don't have to worry about background processes, parking cores, nvifia driver hacks.....blah blah blady blah.

No, Skyrim, and many other games, simply runs well because it's coded properly. You set your graphics settings for a demanding area and benchmark, pay grand for a decent 2017 pc, and expect it to run well.
    It doesn't appear you understand what it takes to run a car simulation as opposed to an action arcade game. Simulations are built around engine refresh rates (some call them physics ticks, cycles or other words). Non simulation titles are designed around user input which are completely different architectures. What you are comparing is almost the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing one with your hand. Just not even the same thing.

The more things you simulation from a sim perspective, the more resources the title needs for processing. Doing chassis, suspension, tire, engine, aero, AI, track surface, non-track surface, wind, weather and all other physics being calculated all at the same time is going to bring a PC down to a crawl when also trying to do all the other normal game processing like controller input, sound and graphics processing.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    Known Issues
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Fanapryde, Remco Van Dijk, Roger Prynne

Exactly, the fact that pC is up there with the big eye-candy arcade games w.r.t. visuals doesn't mean that on code level it's the same kettle of fish. As Mahjik already explained, it's not comparable, race sims are far more complex and hence much more sensitive to anything disrupting timings.
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Fanapryde, Roger Prynne