Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheel Stand Pro

Platform
    PS4

Wheel Stand Pro

Would those of you who have a wheel stand pro recommend it? Really wAnt to get a playseat but can't quite afford it right at the moment and I need something better than my janky desk to mount my T300 and thought maybe a wheel stand pro could fill in temporarily. Is it a solid build or does it have a lot of wobble and shakiness to it?

Platform
    PS4
    I own mine since last week and hadn't much time to use it very often. BUT, IMO it is worth every penny. I don't want to buy i seat because i don't have enough room. The wheelstand is very solid and you can easily fold and store it in 3 minutes. It is basically clever designed and has a good quality. I'm using it with a T150.
    The following user likes this Post: Lethal 556

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlight101 View Post
    I own mine since last week and hadn't much time to use it very often. BUT, IMO it is worth every penny. I don't want to buy i seat because i don't have enough room. The wheelstand is very solid and you can easily fold and store it in 3 minutes. It is basically clever designed and has a good quality. I'm using it with a T150.
    Thank you sir!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal 556 View Post
    Would those of you who have a wheel stand pro recommend it? Really wAnt to get a playseat but can't quite afford it right at the moment and I need something better than my janky desk to mount my T300 and thought maybe a wheel stand pro could fill in temporarily. Is it a solid build or does it have a lot of wobble and shakiness to it?
    Had mine for 4 months and it is brilliant, would like a playseat Alcantara or such like but no room to store it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    In a word yes.. Some years ago I bought a G25 and tried several options of mounting it.. But in the end, I bit the bullet and bought a WSP and its by far the best solution that I tried.. Very stable and folds to a fairly small footprint.

I stopped using my G25 and eventually sold it and the stand as I needed the space and I vowed not to buy another.

But this weekend, they were selling G29s in the UK for 99, so I decided to get one, mainly for the PS VR (Assuming taht PC actually supports it).. I decided not to bother with a stand, and opted for a coffee table..

However, after a few hours of frustration (Table moving, and pedals slipping) I decided to buy another WSP.

I am told that the new "Deluxe V2" version is better than the original I had in 2009, so I am hopeful that it will be even better.. It arrived today so I will get it setup at the weekend.

Its not cheap, but its the only way that you will ever get the best out of your wheel.. So if you can afford it.. Do it.. You won't regret it..

PS.. One thing I would say is don't leave it in the same spot too long.. I had mine folded up in the same spot for months and the rubber feet/tubes have permenantly marked the carpet.. So if you are like me and only use it occasionally, put something under the feet!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have had mine for over a year and it is well worth the money. I use it with a Thrustmaster T300RS. You can adjust it in many was, up, down, tilt it towords or away from you, the base plate it attaches to can be tilted also. here are some pics of my setup. The stand is not attached to the seat so you an tuck both away easily. I got my seat at a scrap yard and built the wooden base myself and I am no Bob Villa....lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4107.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	230805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4109.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	230806
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Lethal 556, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    Have mine for 10 months now. Everything fine! Today they shipped the rsg upgrade to mount the th8a shifter properly. Should be here next week.
    Unless you really have no place for a playseat go with the wheelstand.
    My next purchase will be a playseat with an extra monitor. Atm I'm sitting in front of the TV.

Platform
    PC
    glad to see some feedback. About to make the jump from console to PC (wishing the GOTY edition would be out sooner since my PC build is done) and my current mounting system is not ideal for my computer setup. So i might have to bite the bullet for the WSP.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for all the input guys, just placed my amazon order for a WSP V2 and gonna check around my local auto scrap yards for a nice seat and try something like Emilio has posted above.
    The following user likes this Post: Emilio

Platform
    PS4
    Also gonna look into getting a buttkicker for my seat!