Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Custom Career Tool - Custom Career Championships

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    I think I had the audi_r8 mod added in at one point on my own system; it's not straight-forward. The car list is more or less hard-coded (I never quite figured out how the registers for each section of the career binary file are defined), so you have to replace a vehicle, rather than just adding it in.

You'd have to use a hex editor to open either careermotorsportteams or careercontracts binary files (depending on whether you want the AI to have the car, or the player to have a contract for it), change the name of an existing vehicle (whose name is at least as long as that of the modded vehicle), to that of the modded vehicle. Then either change the names of the liveries for the modded vehicle to match those of the ones you replaced in the modded vehicle's .crd, or change the names of the liveries for the existing vehicle inside the binary file (though again, these names will have to match up in character length).

It's not a simple process, particularly if you aren't familiar with hex-editing files.
    Thx mate, i appreciate you took the time to reply, i have not idea about hex-editing files but i supposse i can google tutorials, i just wanted to start a gt3 carreer with a gt3 car mod (not the audi) but if you said that is not that easy it is gonna be almost imposible for me then xD.

Thanks anyways, im still using your custom race mode, that one allow me to use mod cars so thanks you very much for that, that mod totally changed the game for me xD
    MOBO: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z AMD 990FX, PROC: AMD Pilledriver FX-8320 8 Cores Black Edition 3.8 GHz, GRAPH: Sapphire HD 7970 VAPOR-X GHZ 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express, RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    The following user likes this Post: crowtrobot

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thx a lot crowtrobot :thumbup

Now i can change the race time and weather. Really helping me out racing in carrer when it took dawn or night race which really disturb my cornering calculation due to visibility lackness. I always race with 100% Ai , thus demand me to always have a good cornering.

Btw, I have a different procedure compare to your instruction. is this alright ?
    What i always do to make it work is like :
    After drop all the mod files in Pcars installation folder..
    1. Run the application (pCARS_Custom_Career shortcut)
    2. Click reset > choose event > change time/weather > assign session > close the app
    3. Run JSGME > Active "custom_career_tool" > close
    4. Play game > continuing career progress > and it working
    5. After finishing the race > quit game > Run JSGME and deactivate the mod > close JSGME.

Thats work and no error or anything.
    Just a masterpiece mod :thumbup

Wish you all the best luck

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen1976 View Post
    Thx a lot crowtrobot :thumbup

Now i can change the race time and weather. Really helping me out racing in carrer when it took dawn or night race which really disturb my cornering calculation due to visibility lackness. I always race with 100% Ai , thus demand me to always have a good cornering.

Btw, I have a different procedure compare to your instruction. is this alright ?
    What i always do to make it work is like :
    After drop all the mod files in Pcars installation folder..
    1. Run the application (pCARS_Custom_Career shortcut)
    2. Click reset > choose event > change time/weather > assign session > close the app
    3. Run JSGME > Active "custom_career_tool" > close
    4. Play game > continuing career progress > and it working
    5. After finishing the race > quit game > Run JSGME and deactivate the mod > close JSGME.

Thats work and no error or anything.
    Just a masterpiece mod :thumbup

Wish you all the best luck
    That procedure is fine. All JSGME is doing really is copying/backing up files, you could run without it if you really wanted, it's just a nice safety measure to allow people to restore their game back to vanilla without having to reinstall. All you want to do is make sure that you run the Career Tool to update the career files, then make sure those edited career files are the ones in the pCARS directories so that they are loaded when you start up the game. Glad you are enjoying the mod!
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hello, is there any possibility to incorporate DLC content into the vehicle/track selection?

My intent is to race the Toyota TS040 in a custom career WEC but unfortunately it does not appear to be an option at this time. Are there any alternative suggestions?

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi-TAG View Post
    Thanks for the update, crowtrobot.
    (I've been busy this week, and I'm sorry my comment is late.)
    The tool works fine as always. And it's a great experience for me to play Career Mode with Custom Championship, Career Carset, Mandatory Pit Stop & More.
    I think it's not easy to keep updating the tools. So, I sincerely appreciate you for taking your time for the community and making our dreams (Custom Grid, Liveries & Career) possible.
    It's always fun to find what I/we can do with your tools. I'm going to enjoy my dream career.
    Thanks again!
    Just came in to to say HI!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you so much for this!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, have you/will you look into making this for pCars 2 sometime in the future? Great mod that saved career mode in pCars 1 for me, so would love to have it in pCars 2(speccially since they now force us to do open wheel racing on snow...)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cjhill44, jamieson5000

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin03 View Post
    Hi, have you/will you look into making this for pCars 2 sometime in the future? Great mod that saved career mode in pCars 1 for me, so would love to have it in pCars 2(speccially since they now force us to do open wheel racing on snow...)
    Yeah I would love to see a Pcars2 version eventually. Even if they add the custom championships, it will be separate from the career...this tool allows us an endless offline career. I got to race rookie formula out on the California highways thanks to this mod, it gets tough seeing the same tracks over and over (and weather). hope you get some time to port it over at some point... and thanks for saving Pcars1!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cjhill44, jamieson5000

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    has anyone tried this to see if it will work in PCars2 without any modifications? Being hopeful here I know