Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Career Tool - Custom Career Championships

Platform
    PC
    I cant choose the Ruf RGT8 in the WEC It get replaced by the oreca lmp2 or BMW m3 :/

Edit: Also not the Z4

Edit Edit: My fault... Forgot that I start in Tri Nations GT... SORRY
    Last edited by Shadowoff; 06-04-2016 at 17:43.
    I'm sorry for my bad english...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just to clarify, you can't change the grids at all, can you? If I understand correctly, you are just able to select a contract for any car/livery on offer by SMS in that series, or does this work in conjunction with the custom grid tool somehow? Just to note, the original post says to run Custom_Grid_Tool and then open Custom_Career_Tool, but I'm thinking that this was a type-o.

Like say I wanted to make a Blancpain GT3 series that has 5 endurance races, but no GT3 series on offer has 5 races...I wish we could just find any series with 5 races in it and put a GT3 grid into it, but as I understand, it seems like there are current limitations to making that possible.
    Asus Sabertooth Z97, EVGA GeForce 980, SeaSonic Platinum 1000W, i7-4790K 4.0Ghz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, Thrustmaster TX, GTE rim with SR Hardware SLI, TH8A, DSD Pro Sequential 2015, CSP V2 pedals, Clubsport handbrake, CPX adapter, Buttkicker Gamer, Buttkicker Home Theater 300, Accuforce Pro w/Momo mod30, Acer XB270H 27" monitor x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Slowsley View Post
    Just to clarify, you can't change the grids at all, can you? If I understand correctly, you are just able to select a contract for any car/livery on offer by SMS in that series, or does this work in conjunction with the custom grid tool somehow? Just to note, the original post says to run Custom_Grid_Tool and then open Custom_Career_Tool, but I'm thinking that this was a type-o.

Like say I wanted to make a Blancpain GT3 series that has 5 endurance races, but no GT3 series on offer has 5 races...I wish we could just find any series with 5 races in it and put a GT3 grid into it, but as I understand, it seems like there are current limitations to making that possible.
    You can change the grids for series where it is sensible (GT4, GT3, Endurance, LMP). I disabled the single-make entries since all of the liveries are included already, not much sense in altering the grid in these cases.

To change the grid:
    • Click on an entry in the table on the right and then use the drop down boxes to select a vehicle, then a livery. There are only certain liveries that are available to the career mode.
    • Bolded entries are contracts.

It is possible to edit the series/grid/contracts to fully change say the Formula A series to a longer GT3 series, but I will have to bring out more controls in the GUI. I didn't include these as I haven't yet put the thought into how the UI will work, or what ramifications it could have on the career mode (i.e. if you edit a series to allow GT3, join the series, but forget contracts, you get stuck with no way to start the career, etc)

Hope that helps.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    You can change the grids for series where it is sensible (GT4, GT3, Endurance, LMP). I disabled the single-make entries since all of the liveries are included already, not much sense in altering the grid in these cases.

To change the grid:
    • Click on an entry in the table on the right and then use the drop down boxes to select a vehicle, then a livery. There are only certain liveries that are available to the career mode.
    • Bolded entries are contracts.

It is possible to edit the series/grid/contracts to fully change say the Formula A series to a longer GT3 series, but I will have to bring out more controls in the GUI. I didn't include these as I haven't yet put the thought into how the UI will work, or what ramifications it could have on the career mode (i.e. if you edit a series to allow GT3, join the series, but forget contracts, you get stuck with no way to start the career, etc)

Hope that helps.
    Ahh ok I see now. I think I've got it all. It would be great if someway the predefined careers in the game were just used in your tool as a the way you have to select the number of races in your series, but as far as what they're called or what's on the grid, that could be up to the user. But without knowing anything about it, I could imagine that significantly increasing the time put into creating it, and I could see how you'd want to actually play sometime. Thanks once again man, I'm sure that I'll cook up something good with it! I'm thinking Blanpain Enduro with (hopefully) that 488 on the way. Do you plan to get mod cars in there?
    Asus Sabertooth Z97, EVGA GeForce 980, SeaSonic Platinum 1000W, i7-4790K 4.0Ghz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, Thrustmaster TX, GTE rim with SR Hardware SLI, TH8A, DSD Pro Sequential 2015, CSP V2 pedals, Clubsport handbrake, CPX adapter, Buttkicker Gamer, Buttkicker Home Theater 300, Accuforce Pro w/Momo mod30, Acer XB270H 27" monitor x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Slowsley View Post
    Ahh ok I see now. I think I've got it all. It would be great if someway the predefined careers in the game were just used in your tool as a the way you have to select the number of races in your series, but as far as what they're called or what's on the grid, that could be up to the user. But without knowing anything about it, I could imagine that significantly increasing the time put into creating it, and I could see how you'd want to actually play sometime. Thanks once again man, I'm sure that I'll cook up something good with it! I'm thinking Blanpain Enduro with (hopefully) that 488 on the way. Do you plan to get mod cars in there?
    Yeah, changing the names of the events is out of the scope of the project for me. Changing the name in the binary falls into the "adding things" category unfortunately; this tool can just rearrange what has been provided by SMS. Also, I don't think it would be a simple task to get the event in-game once the name was changed. Like you said, I do want to actually play the game at some point

Once SMS/Machine Dojo releases some sort of structure for the way the mod cars are implemented, I'll do my best to get them in the career mode.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KkDrummer, Slowsley

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    awesome work and I am excited to try this out tonight, but a little confused on set up. Do I use this tool before accepting my next contract and edit the series I am going to join -- or do I accept the contract first and then before starting it, exit game and change the variables with this tool (I am currently at the end of a season in my career).

also, do you really deactivate the mod in JSGME after playing every time, and then re-activate it before you launch pcars every time -- or is this just for when you are done with a season and need to make changes to your next series? in other words, should it stay active in JSGME as long as you are running the same settings, or do you need to deactivate and reactivate each time regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by shiftee View Post
    awesome work and I am excited to try this out tonight, but a little confused on set up. Do I use this tool before accepting my next contract and edit the series I am going to join -- or do I accept the contract first and then before starting it, exit game and change the variables with this tool (I am currently at the end of a season in my career).

also, do you really deactivate the mod in JSGME after playing every time, and then re-activate it before you launch pcars every time -- or is this just for when you are done with a season and need to make changes to your next series? in other words, should it stay active in JSGME as long as you are running the same settings, or do you need to deactivate and reactivate each time regardless?
    I haven't tried modifying a currently signed contract, I only tested new careers. I found that if you start a career race with a modified contract and the mod deactivated, it will still load the modified contract, so my guess would be that you'd either have to finish the season or start new to change cars. Session parameters are loaded at startup, so even if your next race on the calendar is scheduled to be Spa for example, if you edit the race to be Lemans and restart pCARS, the next career race will be at Lemans.

You should leave the mod activated in JSGME until you want to change something. So if you finish a race and then want to change the location of the next race, or change weather in one of the upcoming sessions, you'd have to deactivate and re-activate. Same if you want to change the grid or a car for a contract. All JSGME does is basically copy+paste files and create backups, so think about it like you're modifying the files in the MODS directory using the tool, then copying them over to the Project CARS working directory.
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 07-04-2016 at 18:11.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ok after switching my desktop from 4K to 1080p, I was able to get this tool running no problem. I noticed the DLC tracks were available so I tried them, but they just got stuck on the loading screen in career. I assume this is because you were not able to find a way to verify users had paid for the content? Would be cool if SMS helped you out in that regard, seeing as the tracks should have been seamlessly integrated into an existing carreer anyway like most of their competitors do with DLC.

Would be cool if you were able to switch to any car (even road cars) as you mentioned above, as really that's the last restriction as far as using any track and any car. Sounds like that could be a headache though, great job on this… Going to keep me playing career for a looooong time. like til Pcars2 drops... Your hard work is much appreciated!!!

Oh last question, should this load before the AI lights mod or after ? I currently have career tool loading first, seems to make more sense but haven't raced in bad weather yet.

Kart Driver
    So I've given this a bash however I can't seem to get random weather to work. Any ideas?

Also, weirdly the game now turns my first name into ******** in career mode.

Kart Driver
    scrap that, random weather is working. I didn't realise you needed to re-activate the mod.