Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Career Tool - Custom Career Championships

Kart Driver
    So, my take on this is that it's really fantastic and brings alive the career mode. However, the random weather is just that - random weather. It could be stormy in practice beautiful sunshine in qualy and fog in the race. It's clear why SMS didn't implement it because it needs a control the flow of the weather.

I was thinking, it would be great to set up say 20 or so weather lists and then assign those to each race randomly - would that be possible? Each year the races could all be randomised again but the weather slots would tell a story and not be competely random. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by shiftee View Post
    Ok after switching my desktop from 4K to 1080p, I was able to get this tool running no problem. I noticed the DLC tracks were available so I tried them, but they just got stuck on the loading screen in career. I assume this is because you were not able to find a way to verify users had paid for the content? Would be cool if SMS helped you out in that regard, seeing as the tracks should have been seamlessly integrated into an existing carreer anyway like most of their competitors do with DLC.

Would be cool if you were able to switch to any car (even road cars) as you mentioned above, as really that's the last restriction as far as using any track and any car. Sounds like that could be a headache though, great job on this… Going to keep me playing career for a looooong time. like til Pcars2 drops... Your hard work is much appreciated!!!

Oh last question, should this load before the AI lights mod or after ? I currently have career tool loading first, seems to make more sense but haven't raced in bad weather yet.
    The road cars are only used in the invitationals, not the career mode, so that'd again fall into "adding". I haven't bothered to look at the invitationals file, but at first blush it doesn't look too complicated.

w.r.t. AI lights: it shouldn't really matter, the AI lights mod only modifies the files in the weatherdata pakfile, so it shouldn't conflict.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Getting the hang of this now, just had a multiclass endurance race on Willow Springs where LMP2 was the top class (replaced LMP1 with GT3/4) and random rain and fog was heavily involved. Realistic? Maybe not. Crazy Fun? Hell yeah.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: crowtrobot, KkDrummer

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    So, my take on this is that it's really fantastic and brings alive the career mode. However, the random weather is just that - random weather. It could be stormy in practice beautiful sunshine in qualy and fog in the race. It's clear why SMS didn't implement it because it needs a control the flow of the weather.

I was thinking, it would be great to set up say 20 or so weather lists and then assign those to each race randomly - would that be possible? Each year the races could all be randomised again but the weather slots would tell a story and not be competely random. Does that make sense?
    Yeah, the truly Random behavior is something I did consider this while making the tool (thought about doing my own weighted random scheme, randomizing between groups, etc). Possible feature to include in the future if enough people are asking. For now I'm pretty content just mixing up conditions on my own, or limiting Random to one slot so you don't get a bunch of crazy conditions over the course of the race.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 3 users likes this Post: KkDrummer, Siberian Tiger, Telstar

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    Yeah, the truly Random behavior is something I did consider this while making the tool (thought about doing my own weighted random scheme, randomizing between groups, etc). Possible feature to include in the future if enough people are asking. For now I'm pretty content just mixing up conditions on my own, or limiting Random to one slot so you don't get a bunch of crazy conditions over the course of the race.
    yeah I am starting to see the downside of completely random, since such a large percentage of weather types include rain -- I am getting rain in every race, multiple times per race. I don't have the options in front of me, but for example if 5 of 12 weather options has rain then you are getting 42% chance of precipitation which is obviously pretty high. then if you have random in multiple slots, you are practically guaranteeing rain at some point if the race is long enough.

I think I will start using your method of leaving only one slot random (although it pains me to know any of the weather types beforehand haha). I can live with that, but weighted would be nice...just to make the fog much more rare (I find it the least impressive visually too) and the rain slightly less common.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    yeah weather lists sound like a good idea. Let's say list 1 and call it Dry and give it: clear, cloudy and overcast....list 2: Dry/Wet: clear, cloudy, overcast, light rain...then list 3 with dry foggy conditions....list 4 with light foggy/light wet conditions etc... etc....
    Last edited by KkDrummer; 12-04-2016 at 13:52.

Thanks for this great Custom Career Tool, crowtrobot.
    The tool works fine for me, too. And it's amazing that you made it possible to change almost every race setting of each event. This tool makes the Career Mode more replayable and also expands the possibility of the Career Mode. I'm going to try what I've wanted to do.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Tommi-TAG; 16-04-2016 at 20:41.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I can't get this to work for some reason....got it unzipped, I can run it,select championships, edit championships and assign them fine...them I assign cars and change the whole grid. I click Assign, but only the first team (two cars) remain saved, the rest of the grid goes back to the original car lineup. And when I try going to career in the game I can only continue my existing career. Can anyone can help? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KkDrummer View Post
    I can't get this to work for some reason....got it unzipped, I can run it,select championships, edit championships and assign them fine...them I assign cars and change the whole grid. I click Assign, but only the first team (two cars) remain saved, the rest of the grid goes back to the original car lineup. And when I try going to career in the game I can only continue my existing career. Can anyone can help? thanks!
    If an invitational got added for the paganis got added it might throw indexing off within the code that parses out the binary. There are unfortunately a few hard coded values in my app that would need to be updated. Will check when I have access.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KkDrummer, Tommi-TAG

If an invitational got added for the paganis got added it might throw indexing off within the code that parses out the binary. There are unfortunately a few hard coded values in my app that would need to be updated. Will check when I have access.
    Not really sure what I was thinking when I typed this...even if anything had changed in the career file with the update, it wouldn't affect the mod, as it is using a loose copy that is independent of the pakfiles.

@ KkDrummer:

Can you tell me which discipline (GT3, Endurance, etc) you are trying to edit where you are only able to edit the first team?

And you're saying that the "New" button is not available for the career mode?

It looks like it is working here on my end.