Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Playseat Challenge or Evolution?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    I can totally confirm what Roger is saying, the Challenge is amazingly solid and comfortable. I also raised the pedal base a bit, I used the packaging of the Gear Shift Support (just cut it into two pieces, attached it with some tape and stabilized the whole thing with two of these yellow inserts of Kinder surprise.. it was supposed to be temporarily for a quick test, but I'm using it for two or three months now; maybe I can upload some pics from my phone).

If the seat is not meant to be moved away, you should check out the "Show your rig" thread or similiar threads in other forums, there are even guys who mounted their screens directly to the seat, etc.

IMO the challenge is absolutely worth its money..

Here's my minimum budget solution =D and those racing shoes were just for demonstration purposes =D
    Attachment 231305Attachment 231304
    Ha ha loving that mod Reiche,

It's amazing what Duck Tape can do! As for the racing shoes, I can't comment lol as to say very German ha ha.

I think I'm going to get the Challenge ordered in the morning. I know I can afford a more expensive rig, but it's true comfort and adjustability I like of this seat.

Thanks for the pics and advice.
    The following user likes this Post: Reiche

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    The trouble with that is that it's a hard seat, and he suffers from lower back problems like me.
    Yeah you got that right Roger, all these other rigs seem to have very little padding. The Evolution seems to be quite sparsely padded.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    The trouble with that is that it's a hard seat, and he suffers from lower back problems like me.
    Yes i agree the seat looks cheap and uncomfortable... I'm sure i can get some one to buy it for $60.00 bucks plus shipping...LOL...I'm Not going to use their seat...I'm going to use the seat i have... its a junk yard special...LOL took it out of a Subaru Impreza!!! I'm going to use the same wood and some L Bracket's to mount it, that way i don't have to buy the extra buttkicker mounting hard ware!!! I made the buttkicker mount with $20.00 worth of pipe fittings from Home depot

Edit: yes pardon the mess in my man kave, Wood chips and band saw dust... I had just finished making the Shifter and Hand brake mount Who cares about cleaning up... i was itching to try it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160213_003546[1].jpg  

20150130_230227.jpg  

Last edited by GrimeyDog; 12-04-2016 at 00:02.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Playseat challenge is awesome. Just got it about two weeks ago. So far it's been great.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I got a challenge at Easter after 2 years of debating on chair!

It's perfect should have got it years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Fafuture View Post
    Playseat challenge is awesome. Just got it about two weeks ago. So far it's been great.
    I can only second that.
    It's a perfect solution, very sturdy.
    --

Platform
    XBOX1
    I was thinking of getting the challenge as were moving house soon, so space will become an issue. How is it for 6"1 bloke who's stomach occasionally likes an alcoholic beverage?
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    The playseat challenge is great. But when i tried lower the seat after i had it in a higher pos for some time it just collapsed almost breaking my legs so i'm back to the first seat position. Dont mess with velcro

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    ^^^ No probs here when doing that.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    can someone tell me here if the playseat evolution pedal mount strong enough for load cell brakes ?