Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Playseat Challenge or Evolution?

  1. #21
    GT3 Pilot morpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,843
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimonART View Post
    can someone tell me here if the playseat evolution pedal mount strong enough for load cell brakes ?
    I had an older version and it works but it will flex with the load cell. I retired mine this year and went with the gt omega and love it. The seat is more comfortable and no center pole plus almost zero flex.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: wesker6664


  2. #22
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,950
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimonART View Post
    can someone tell me here if the playseat evolution pedal mount strong enough for load cell brakes ?
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I had an older version and it works but it will flex with the load cell. I retired mine this year and went with the gt omega and love it. The seat is more comfortable and no center pole plus almost zero flex.
    IMO, Playseat has good brand recognition, which is why it comes up so often. But it's priced roughly the same as much better quality rigs that are about the same size and don't have a center posts. It's worth the extra $30 or so (and couple hours of research) to get a sturdier, open-leg rig, with more adjustment options (seat, wheel deck, and pedal deck) and more upgrade options for future additions. And, regardless how sturdy you think the Playseat is, there are much sturdier rigs out there for the roughly the same price. You just have to look them up. If you have the space for a Playseat Evolution, you have the space for a number of other (sturdier) rigs.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

    Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, ShimonART


  3. #23
    WMD Member wesker6664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    209
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousdriver View Post
    I've looked at GT Omega as well, and they look good value for money.
    If you got the money, go for it ! I've had a playseat before, but the center pole is annoying and the seat while good looking is not comfortable for long runs because of the very bad back support. The GT Omega is very high quality, good looking, comfortable, and adjustable. Also made a PVC rig but it's not sturdy enough and the constant cracks were really annoying. Unlike wheels and pedals which are always evolving, a rig will last many years so IMO go straight away for a good one
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP 4K Vivitek HK2288 / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden


  4. #24
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    289
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, considering getting a Challenge (using a WSP but its not stable, esp when braking w/ my G27 w/ Ricmotech LC, or twists when turning hard). Anyway, Id like to know how high is the center of the seat from the floor (range)? Id like to compare with my current setup with an office chair & triples on a desk. Hope its not too low, though i can still lower my triples a bit from the ergotech triples stand.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

  5. #25
    GT5 Pilot Fanapryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,841
    Platform
    PC
    Playseat is always one of the first brands to show up when you are looking for a rig to get a better race feeling than on a office chair or foldable wheel stand.
    It happened to me years ago and I bought one, a Playseat Evolution (never tried the Challenge (which is a foldable).
    I kept it for about two or three weeks...
    I can see people being happy with it, but I was not.
    Despite the advertising it is not as adjustable as I wanted it to be (no adjustable wheel or pedal angle), it is by far not as sturdy as I wanted it te be, the center post is... well... , the seat itself is totally uncomfortable especially for longer sessions (I do have a bad back though), heavy braking caused the pedal platform to bend, strong FFB makes the steering post jump...and I can go on for a while.

    There are much, much better alternatives than the Playseat IMO.

    I replaced it with the RaceRoom 2000, which was a lot better, but still lacked angle adjustment for wheel and pedals, so I got the Simetik K2 which was a HUGE improvement.
    Finally (and this will be the last rig I ever need) I went for the (IMO) best solution, an aluminium 80/20 rig from Sim-Lab P1: https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/
    Last edited by Fanapryde; 30-04-2017 at 11:44.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

  6. #26
    Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newquay, Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    7,691
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Hi, considering getting a Challenge (using a WSP but its not stable, esp when braking w/ my G27 w/ Ricmotech LC, or twists when turning hard). Anyway, Id like to know how high is the center of the seat from the floor (range)? Id like to compare with my current setup with an office chair & triples on a desk. Hope its not too low, though i can still lower my triples a bit from the ergotech triples stand.
    From my ass to the floor is about 9", so quite low.
    Very stable once your sitting in it, adjustable wheel angle and length of the pedal platform.
    Adjustable seat position, as in F1 style or hard top.

    All in all for the price it's a great seat.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you


    The following user likes this Post: sherpa25


  7. #27
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    289
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    From my ass to the floor is about 9", so quite low.
    Very stable once your sitting in it, adjustable wheel angle and length of the pedal platform.
    Adjustable seat position, as in F1 style or hard top.

    All in all for the price it's a great seat.
    Wow, 9" will be a challenge in finding how I'd be able to lower my triples.
    Do you experience any wiggle when hard turning, or is it still, and/or up/down movement of the wheel (ex. pulling when hard braking)? I have these issues with my WSP v2, though with the latter I use a hard LC (Ricmotec) w/c gives me a tendency to pull the wheel slightly when hard-braking (and the WSP center pole moves slightly).
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

  8. #28
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    289
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    Playseat is always one of the first brands to show up when you are looking for a rig to get a better race feeling than on a office chair or foldable wheel stand.
    It happened to me years ago and I bought one, a Playseat Evolution (never tried the Challenge (which is a foldable).
    I kept it for about two or three weeks...
    I can see people being happy with it, but I was not.
    Despite the advertising it is not as adjustable as I wanted it to be (no adjustable wheel or pedal angle), it is by far not as sturdy as I wanted it te be, the center post is... well... , the seat itself is totally uncomfortable especially for longer sessions (I do have a bad back though), heavy braking caused the pedal platform to bend, strong FFB makes the steering post jump...and I can go on for a while.

    There are much, much better alternatives than the Playseat IMO.

    I replaced it with the RaceRoom 2000, which was a lot better, but still lacked angle adjustment for wheel and pedals, so I got the Simetik K2 which was a HUGE improvement.
    Finally (and this will be the last rig I ever need) I went for the (IMO) best solution, an aluminium 80/20 rig from Sim-Lab P1: https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/
    Lucky you guys have many options within your locations, and easy to ship. The PS Challenge appears to be the lightest I can have someone carry from the US.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

  9. #29
    GT3 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,101
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Wow, 9" will be a challenge in finding how I'd be able to lower my triples.
    Do you experience any wiggle when hard turning, or is it still, and/or up/down movement of the wheel (ex. pulling when hard braking)? I have these issues with my WSP v2, though with the latter I use a hard LC (Ricmotec) w/c gives me a tendency to pull the wheel slightly when hard-braking (and the WSP center pole moves slightly).
    I bought a Playseat challenge the other day and it is very comfortable. When you don't sit in the seat you could think, mmm is this stable enough. But once you sit down your weight will put everthing firmly on the ground. It is not unstable or wiggles in any direction. The fun part of this playseat challenge is that you feel the FFB vibration through the whole seat and makes it feel like your car is vibrating. It is not that your whole playseat moves or something like that. It is just a light vibration of the tubes. A cool addition if you ask me. I'm 1,87 meters in length and My weight is arround the 85 kilo. I fit in the seat without any problems..
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Roger Prynne, sherpa25


  10. #30
    Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newquay, Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    7,691
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Wow, 9" will be a challenge in finding how I'd be able to lower my triples.
    Do you experience any wiggle when hard turning, or is it still, and/or up/down movement of the wheel (ex. pulling when hard braking)? I have these issues with my WSP v2, though with the latter I use a hard LC (Ricmotec) w/c gives me a tendency to pull the wheel slightly when hard-braking (and the WSP center pole moves slightly).
    No I don't experience any 'wiggle' at all, and I know what you mean by the pulling the wheel when hard breaking but it deals with that no probs.
    Like Olijke says, the sutle vibration goes right through the frame of the seat and gives a very good feeling.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you


    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, sherpa25


Similar Threads

  1. Buttkicker + Playseat Challenge
    By AMarchesini92 in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-12-2017, 09:09
  2. Playseat Challenge for Sale, half year used, good condition
    By GForce in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 21:30
  3. Playseat Challenge and Thrustmaster T300RS Question
    By DnBasshead007 in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 07-08-2016, 11:20
  4. T150 Wheel and Playseat Challenge
    By podgeandrodge in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-02-2016, 18:41
  5. T3PA PRO and Playseat Challenge
    By kyoo in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-01-2016, 09:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •