Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Playseat Challenge or Evolution?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

sadly not

Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    I don't know if it's dependent on the wheel you use, but with my G25 there were three positions you could mount the wheel deck to.

Attachment 237737

Default as shown above, but you can use the mounting wholes at the front/rear edge of the deck plus two of those wholes where it is mounted as default.

Not really a thing for a quick change, but you have some variation. I was once prepairing for a race with the FR3.5 and it felt like a huge difference with the rift on.

Regarding the height.. I used the Challenge a long time until my Rift arrived in front of my 21:9 34" screen on my desk. It's not ideal, but it totally is an option to try if you don't have the space or the will to spend more money on other solution.

I have a TX and unfortunately it only mounts in one place. Like I said, it's a very minor issue. I couldn't be happier with the Challenge.

Although I have noticed that the bolts that secure the adjustment system to the plate for the wheel base have come slightly loose. Tightened them back up and it's fine but maybe something for people to keep and eye on.

Platform
    PS4
    Love my playstation challenge and also sit in it to play normal games
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PS4
    I just got mine this past week and the Challenge is WAY better than using my Wheel Stand Pro. Like most have stated here, it hugs your body, is firmly planted when driving and great for people with limited space. Some say it is expensive but for roughly $250 delivered it does exactly as advertised. My TV is a bit higher up but once I start driving it works great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FullSizeRender 3.jpg  

PS4 Pro | Thrustmaster T300rs | F1 Wheel | TP3A-PRO pedals | Playseat Challenge | PCARS2 SETTINGS - Immersive 39 60 72 20 | SS 45 D 0
    The following 6 users likes this Post: amazed, Djuvinile, ImpliedConsent, Mahjik, Olijke Poffer, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC

Playseats Evolution

(Old thread alert)
    I have the original Playseats Evolution (notice the "s" at the end of Playseats). I'm going to guess about 7-8yrs old. I also ordered the seat slider and shifter mount. I've been running a G27 since it was announced.
    The worst part of the Evo is the center post for the steering wheel. I've learned to work around it, but man, if there was ever an update to that POS design, get it (apparently the Challenge is the answer). Even the Revolution looks like a nut-cracker.
    I'm not too upset with the seating cushioning or position. They seems fine to me. The only thing I'm doing after a good Endurance race is sweat. What I really like about the Evolution is the multiple ways I can adjust my seating/wheel/pedal positions on the fly (hey, I've got kids). It's also a VERY solid seat setup.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi there.

I am thinking about buying one of these Playseat Challenge.

I do have room and money for a bigger more sturdy rig. But I am not sure if I want to have a real big iron monster in my room. So thats why I am considering this one.

I read about it, and it seems everyone is pretty happy with it, also its faily cheap so if regret the buy, then I can always sell it with a small loss to someone else.

Anyway I do have one question.

I am about 6,5 feet tall ( 1,96 cm. )

Do you think it will be ok for me. Or am I to tall for the playseat challenge ?

Platform
    PC
    I think you’re a bit to tall to fit in well. I had one too and I did fit in but I had not that much spare space left. I’m 1.87mtr
    Nevertheless it was a fine chair.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well I went ahead and bought the Playseat Challenge.

Just used it for a couple hours.

So far I am pretty happy with it. Its pretty good for what it is. A litle cramped, but not so much that it becomes a pain.

Even at my 196 cm. 95 KG its ok. Much better than my old wheelstand.

So happy. I am now using my old G 25 in a much more real setup. Also bought a Drivehub, so can play all Xbox One / PS 4 games with the G25 :-)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Olijke Poffer