Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Logitech G Championship Series: Round 1: LMP1 @ Silverstone

Marketing and esports Manager Joseph Barron's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

Logitech G Championship Series: Round 1: LMP1 @ Silverstone

Round 1 of the Logitech G Championship Series opens tonight at midnight UK time.

Enter via the Community Events screen in-game, on all platforms. You will be driving the Toyota TS040 Hybrid LMP1 at the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.

Only teams which registered during preseason will be eligible to score team championship points. All drivers are eligible for driver championship points.

In the 2016 season, there are separate Divisions for PC and Console players.

Event regulations

Please read the FULL regulations on our Esports website. It is your responsibility as a competitor to read these. If you breach the rules either deliberately, or accidentally, ignorance is not an excuse.

TRACK LIMITS

It is critical that you obey the rules on track limits.

Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt, the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track.

It is possible that you can cut the track or run wide without the game penalising you, and therefore your time & ghost will still appear on the leaderboard. SMS staff will review all of the ghost laps on the leaderboards. If we can see from your ghost that you cut the track or ran wide at any point, then we will not include your time in the official results.

You must obey the track limits rules around the entire circuit, but please pay particular care at:

- The inside of Aintree (Turn 5)
    - The inside of Brooklands (Turn 6)
    - The exit of Copse (Turn 9)
    - The exit of Stowe (Turn 15)
    - The exit of Club (Turn 18)

If you are unsure which corners these are, please see this circuit map.

Improved times with track cuts

If you improve your time on the leaderboard, but exceed track limits on your new lap, then your time will be ignored as described above. If this happens, we do not roll back to your previous valid lap time. Only your fastest lap on the leaderboard at the end of the event will be considered for the final results.

Therefore, if during a lap you think that you might have cut a corner or run-wide even slightly, please back-off & abandon the lap, rather than set an invalid lap for the leaderboard. Otherwise you risk setting an invalid lap that you cannot replace with a faster, valid lap before the end of the event, meaning you miss out on possible championship points.

Improving your time in the final hour of the event

If you are still improving your times in the final hour of the event on Monday night, please consider recording video footage of your lap. If you improve your lap at the very end and for some reason we cannot review your ghost, we may request that you provide video footage of the lap so that we can check that you didn't cut the track. Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

In the footage, we ideally need to see the chase camera and the TV cameras from the replay of your lap. Your video should also show the in-game pause screen, displaying the lap-time, to prove that the video footage matches the time on the leaderboard.

That's all the boring stuff out of the way now. Good luck this weekend!

Platform
    PS4
    Hi Joseph, I've got one question. Do the solo drivers interfere with the team drivers for points? I mean, if for example the best 3 times are driven by solo drivers, and the next 3 times by team A (so place 4 to 6), does this mean team A scores less points then when they would have beaten the solo drivers? Or are you guys gonna separate the solo and team results completely?
    DC-SimRacing/Team DCS
    www.DC-SimRacing.NL
    The following user likes this Post: t0daY

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Figuur84 View Post
    Hi Joseph, I've got one question. Do the solo drivers interfere with the team drivers for points? I mean, if for example the best 3 times are driven by solo drivers, and the next 3 times by team A (so place 4 to 6), does this mean team A scores less points then when they would have beaten the solo drivers? Or are you guys gonna separate the solo and team results completely?
    Team and driver championship points work the same way here as they do in real motorsport.

If you score driver championship points and you are a member of a team, your team will earn the same number of points towards the team championship.

For example: If you win a round as a driver, you earn 50 driver championship points. Then, if you are also a member of a registered team, your team gets the same 50 points towards the team championship.

The points system for teams does NOT get adjusted if some lone drivers happen to beat some team drivers.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Barron View Post
    Team and driver championship points work the same way here as they do in real motorsport.

If you score driver championship points and you are a member of a team, your team will earn the same number of points towards the team championship.

The points system does not scale or adjust if some lone drivers beat some team drivers.

For example: If you win a round as a driver, you earn 50 driver championship points. Then, if you are also a member of a registered team, your team gets the same 50 points towards the team championship.
    Yes I understand that. But I mean, what if a driver of team A drives the second time, and the first Time is driven by someone who drives solo (not in a team). Does the second place driver (in a team) still gets 50 points because you seperate solo and team drivers for points? Or will the team driver on second place get less points because the solo driver still has 1st place. So, do you seperate the results (and points) for registered teams and solo drivers, or do they compete anyway with each other.
    DC-SimRacing/Team DCS
    www.DC-SimRacing.NL

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Figuur84 View Post
    Yes I understand that. But I mean, what if a driver of team A drives the second time, and the first Time is driven by someone who drives solo (not in a team). Does the second place driver (in a team) still gets 50 points because you seperate solo and team drivers for points? Or will the team driver on second place get less points because the solo driver still has 1st place. So, do you seperate the results (and points) for registered teams and solo drivers, or do they compete anyway with each other.
    Like I said, the points system for teams does NOT get adjusted if some lone drivers happen to beat some team drivers.

If a lone driver comes 1st and the 2nd placed driver is actually the 1st placed team driver, the points to do not change. He/she will still earn 45 points towards the driver championship and the team will earn the same 45 points for second place.
    The following user likes this Post: Figuur84

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    DC-SimRacing/Team DCS
    www.DC-SimRacing.NL
    The following user likes this Post: Joseph Barron

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Joseph, does this count as a community event towards the Community Ambassador achievement/trophy? And if so, will there be at least 20 (or more in case people miss some) in the future that anyone can join, so that new players to the game will be able to get the achievement?

Thanks

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelster View Post
    Hi Joseph, does this count as a community event towards the Community Ambassador achievement/trophy? And if so, will there be at least 20 (or more in case people miss some) in the future that anyone can join, so that new players to the game will be able to get the achievement?

Thanks
    Yes, it does count as a community event. It is the first of 20 events across the year. 10 in the Logitech G Championship Series and 10 in the NVIDIA Challenger Series.

All the dates & car/track info. is at: http://www.projectcarsesports.com/series.html

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you, I see there are finals in these series, does that mean you need to qualify for them, or will anyone be able to play in them? I just want to make sure I'll be able to get the achievement.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelster View Post
    Thank you, I see there are finals in these series, does that mean you need to qualify for them, or will anyone be able to play in them? I just want to make sure I'll be able to get the achievement.
    No, you won't need to qualify to play in the Finals. We just named them "Final" to signify the end of the season.