Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Isle of Man TT Motorcycle Racing Game announced.

Superkart Pilot girlracerTracey's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

New Isle of Man TT Motorcycle Racing Game announced.

"Bigben Interactive, French leading publisher, is proud to announce a partnership with the Isle of Man Government Department of Economic Development, to produce a brand new motorbike video game dedicated to one of the most famous and heroic racing event: the Isle of Man TT races.

The new TT Isle of Man video game is being developed by Kylotonn Games, a French racing games development studio already known for WRC 5, the 2015 official World Rally Championship video game, acclaimed by the gaming industry and Ping Award winner in the Best Console Game of the Year category.

Bigben Interactive and Kylotonn have already begun a programme to assess, record and digitally map the iconic 37¾ mile TT Mountain Course, which is run entirely on closed public roads. The TT Races is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading motorsport events and has run on the Isle of Man since 1907.

David Cretney MLC, the Department of Economic Development’s political representative for Tourism and Motorsport commented:

“The partnership between Bigben Interactive and the Isle of Man Government represents an opportunity not only to generate additional commercial income but also to increase the profile of the TT Races and broaden the event’s appeal to a wider, younger demographic working alongside a world class partner in the gaming world.”

“For several years now, our team works together with Kylotonn’s developers to create and offer the best depictions of some of the most spectacular racing events like the Isle of Man TT races or the World Rally Championship.”, says Benoît Clerc, Head of Software at Bigben Interactive. “By creating 1/1 the iconic 37¾ miles of the race, we already know that all the motorbike fans will feel the speed and the excitement of being part of the Isle of Man TT races” concludes Benoît Clerc.

TT Isle Of Man – Ride on the Edge, which will be released in 2017, will feature many of the leading teams and riders who will be recreated digitally to accurately represent their team liveries and bike manufacturers. The game will be available for latest generation consoles and PC."

http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/...es-video-game/

(I notice news of this announcement has been posted in the other thread but thought I would post the text of the announcement here as news).
    Last edited by girlracerTracey; 14-04-2016 at 20:47.
    T80 Racing wheel with marigold rubber gloves for improved grip! Lidl plastic garden chair & beige seat cover. Custom made bicardi & coke drinks holder. Thrustmaster GPX "Lightback" via CronusMax. Gamer-tag girlracerTracey (xbox) and girlracerTraceyx (PS4). Motogp league racer who enjoys racing on 4 wheels now and again.. YouTube channel: girlracerTracey. Favourite saying & motto: "Give it the Berries!"
    The following user likes this Post: JessicaWalter

Platform
    PC
    Alot of Isle of Man stuff going around today.

Can't be a bad thing
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    Alot of Isle of Man stuff going around today.

Can't be a bad thing
    I agree that it is a positive thing that finally developers are waking up to the existence of the IOM TT track and its huge potential in relation to the racing game genre both for cars and bikes. This awakening, long overdue imo, has to be, generally speaking, a good thing. So I'm happy that things are developingin this direction..if you'll excuse the pun?

WRC5 was Kylotonn's first rally game and I guess they learned what they were doing as they went along. Kylotonn are on record as taking a conscious decision to make the physics in WRC5 "accessible" to a wide audience. The IOM TT racing game will be their first IOM TT Racing game. It will also be their first serious m/c racing game.

The problem, as I see it, is that this is not the 1999 or 2000 and this is not Melbourne House or Milestone (the original line-up) developing gp500 or SBK2001. This is 2016 and racing games tend to be rushed out. An IOM TT racing game is a massive and a challenging project if you are going to do it proper justice.

I would rather it was SMS or iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations who were embarking on this project but I guess we will just have to see how this one goes? The iconic IOM TT motorcycle races I feel deserve that anyone who is developing such a project do it proper justice. As indeed does the recreation of the legendary 37 3/4 mile IOM TT course itself.. On both counts I hope they do it justice.

grT
    T80 Racing wheel with marigold rubber gloves for improved grip! Lidl plastic garden chair & beige seat cover. Custom made bicardi & coke drinks holder. Thrustmaster GPX "Lightback" via CronusMax. Gamer-tag girlracerTracey (xbox) and girlracerTraceyx (PS4). Motogp league racer who enjoys racing on 4 wheels now and again.. YouTube channel: girlracerTracey. Favourite saying & motto: "Give it the Berries!"
    The following 2 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, Robhd

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by girlracerTracey View Post
    I would rather it was SMS or iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations who were embarking on this project
    Or Image Space Incorporated...
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    pity its not codies and the former employees of evolution studios doing the game
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    43 INCH 4K UHD LG TV WITH 2TB PS4 PRO AND T300RS GT EDITION WHEEL

Platform
    PS4
    Kylotonn are a bunch of muppets who treat their customers like fools (i was a kylotonn customer with wrc5)

Im going to go on record and say i hold grave fears for this game, if there was a betting market i'd load up that its going to be a complete dud and i wont be giving 1c of my money to those arrogant tools at Kylotonn.

Just have a look through the history of their games, thats enough to see how useless they are.

Not only that but they are proven liars and false advertisers, i own both vita and PS4 versions of WRC5, on the back cover of the vita it advertises night stages with pictures, they are not in the vita version of the game, when asked about it Kylotonn continued to lie and say it was coming, it never did, they eventually admitted it was never coming, just one of the 100 dramas with the game when it came out, they wont be getting a cent of my cash ever again.
    The following user likes this Post: ashasha

Platform
    PS4
    Lets just say I share your concerns SaltyDog..

grT
    The following user likes this Post: Salty Dog

Platform
    PC
    I don't. I'll never buy a game with one track, even if it is Isle of Man and me liking two wheels more than 4
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900º
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by girlracerTracey View Post
    Lets just say I share your concerns SaltyDog..

grT
    GT i dont wanna piss in your pocket too much but very often when reading your posts im left impressed at your knowledge and thinking that you know a hell of a lot about SIM racing, you really know your stuff mate, you would have forgotten more than ive ever known about racing i recon, i'd hate to race you lol.
    Its pretty unusual seeing such a well versed racing chick on racing forums, its mostly a male domain just by the nature of the beast, i realise there are lots of other woman racers but i love your passion and involvement GT its very cool, cheers

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Fortuna View Post
    I don't. I'll never buy a game with one track, even if it is Isle of Man and me liking two wheels more than 4
    I would, if the physics were good enough. Kylotonn though... Yeah, even without ever trying it or really even intending to try I'm gonna go with "100% Will Never Happen™" on that one.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!