Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes AMG GT3

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I got it to a 2:15,9 with standard-setup. Didn't change a single thing so far. I guess i loose nearly a second only in Eau-Rouge and Blanchimont because I have to slow down so much in this corners. I think this car will be an absolute beast on most tracks once the suspension-calc-datas for it are available.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Renoldo1990 View Post
    I got it to a 2:15,9 with standard-setup. Didn't change a single thing so far. I guess i loose nearly a second only in Eau-Rouge and Blanchimont because I have to slow down so much in this corners. I think this car will be an absolute beast on most tracks once the suspension-calc-datas for it are available.
    Rear Ride height to 75mm/80mm what u prefer. Front height to 55mm. Than increase bump to 2-3mm front and 5mm rear. Than it is pretty solid. and 230-250 is possible.
    Case -Alienware Area 51 Late 2014
    Monitor/OS -LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 (Curved) / Windows 8.1
    GPU/STORAGE -SLI Nvidia GTX 980 Reference Cards / 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD
    CPU/RAM -Intel I7 5820K 6 Cores, 3.3Ghz - 3.8Ghz Boost / 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 2.133Mhz (4x4GB)

ProjectCARS Setup -Xbox one Controller / No Traction Control / Anti brake system On / Manual Gearing / Helmet View

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
    Rear Ride height to 75mm/80mm what u prefer. Front height to 55mm. Than increase bump to 2-3mm front and 5mm rear. Than it is pretty solid. and 230-250 is possible.
    Uhm, I drive 278 kp/h with 50% Radiotor
    I'm sorry for my bad english...

Platform
    PC
    everyone is talking about their fast 2:15/2:16 lap times. but can someone actually share their setup?
    Case -Alienware Area 51 Late 2014
    Monitor/OS -LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 (Curved) / Windows 8.1
    GPU/STORAGE -SLI Nvidia GTX 980 Reference Cards / 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD
    CPU/RAM -Intel I7 5820K 6 Cores, 3.3Ghz - 3.8Ghz Boost / 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 2.133Mhz (4x4GB)

ProjectCARS Setup -Xbox one Controller / No Traction Control / Anti brake system On / Manual Gearing / Helmet View
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Adrenaline, Thor_Gus

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    At least it's been added to the website now so sharing setups will be easier. Still no calculator, because Casey hasn't shared that data.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by miagi View Post
    A thread to talk about our new baby.

I did some tests and some quick laps around Hockenheim GP.
    By default the car has stiffer springs on the front than rear, but about the same damping rates. What suggests that the damping ratio is higher on the rear than on the front if I'm not mistaken. But on track it was rather the rear that felt underdamped in such a constalation.

I already nearly tried everything I could think of, but I'm still not happy with the rear axle. When it starts sliding it gives a small margin to save the slide before it spins out. Unfortunately with just a bit too much correction the car goes quickly into a heavy tank slapper and I spin the other way around. I have slightly improved that behaviour but the rear axle still feels nervous to me, esp. for a GT3 car.

1:37.0 so far on Hockenheim GP, not that slow compared with the other GT3 cars but would be a beast to tackle for a longer race.

I let you guys play around with it a bit before I post my first public setup ^^

I get the same feeling from the Bentley GT3 and the Caddy GT3. Do you have the same issue with these cars?

I get the rear axel weirdness on the last turn of BRNO when trying to accelerate out of the turn. It seems like the steering goes so far and its ok, but the small amount I need to keep it on the apex and a back wheel starts spinning up, and its at that point, it can go wrong very quickly.

I've tried 0% on the acceleration diff, I've tried it all the way up to 35% and it just gets worse the higher you go. I set the pre load to 0% its the same, I've moved the pre load up and tried it every setting up to max. It seems best to me around 120 - 140 for the pre load, but I just cannot get it right.

I actually dont have much of an issue with the new Merc, but the SLS AMG, Bentley, Caddy all seem to have the same feel to the rear axle.
    Last edited by SpeedFreakDTM; 19-04-2016 at 09:11.
    [PC]Intel 386 sx-16 [RAM]5x1mb SIMM [HDD] 40MB [GPU] VGA [Monitor] Elonex 17" CRT - SuperVGA [OS] DOS 6.22 / Windows 3.1 [Sound]Soundblaster 16
    [Xbox One]Console [CPU] 8 Core AMD custom CPU Frequency: 1.75 GHz [GPU]Clock Speed: 853 MHz(originally 800 MHz) Shader Cores: 768 Peak Throughput: 1.31 TFLOPS [RAM] 8GB DDR3 Clock: 2133MHz Bandwidth: 68.26 GB/s + 32MB eSRAM [Flash Memory]8GB Flash Memory [HDD] 500 GB Hard Drive 5400rpm [USB] 3.0 [TV] 22" Samsung SMART TV

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Wow, glad I found this thread, I've been trying to drive the Merc for two weeks now, as its my League car. Everything you guys have said is true... the rear end is seriously lacking some stability. I tried the Rake and 0-3 at Spa, it was ok, but the guy that ran 1-9 at Spa had a much better finish than I. We're at Hockenheim next week and I was really struggling for pace. Common sense would dictate that you don't need a lot of downforce here, however I picked up a quick second by upping my DF to 0-5, it also made the car stable on softs for nearly 20 laps as opposed to 14 laps with DF @ 0-2. My guess is the idea was to force you to use more DF to negate the HP and Top Speed advantage that the SLS had. I just wish they had shaved a few more pounds off the car. It's literally 1 lbs lighter than the SLS and 4" shorter wheelbase.

IMO The caster is what causes the car to want to break loose in the apex of the corner. There is a crap ton of caster and you can't dial that out, so I have to use a much stiffer ARB in the front and run the camber as far back as possible.

Also, I'm still having trouble finding my pace with the car at Le Mans. I can jump in my Z4 and run a 3:54, but I can only get to 3:59 in the Merc and I can't tell where I'm losing my time. It certainly isn't on the straights. I suppose its the corners when running low DF the rear just feels so nervous I have no confidence in it to push it through the corners. This is a 2hr + endurance race so I can't set it up for a quick TT lap.

PS: there isn't a whole lot of sharing going on at pcarsetups.eu I have posted two setups, but I don't run anywhere near the times you guys are getting.
    Last edited by Dynomight Motorsports; 26-04-2016 at 12:50.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Platform
    PC
    Just use low down force, set front ride height as low as possible and the rear as high as possible. 100% braking pressure, 57 balance and 3 brake mapping. The other stuff is just fine tuning for the last few tenths.
    I'm sorry for my bad english...
    The following user likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I guess its just my driving. I still can't get under 1:39 at Hockenheim. I did have a good battle with a friend in a RUF there that was .949 seconds quicker. He could catch me on the straights due to DF but I was beating him out of the corners. I have posted a setup but I've been trying different things like 1-9 and 1-6 DF also adjusting my Traction slip. I liked running 10% on the Z4, but another guy that has been running the AMG in my league is in the 38's running 1% on Traction Slip. The car just feels sluggish to me with the traction slip turned that low.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by miagi View Post
    A thread to talk about our new baby.

I did some tests and some quick laps around Hockenheim GP.
    By default the car has stiffer springs on the front than rear, but about the same damping rates. What suggests that the damping ratio is higher on the rear than on the front if I'm not mistaken. But on track it was rather the rear that felt underdamped in such a constalation.

I already nearly tried everything I could think of, but I'm still not happy with the rear axle. When it starts sliding it gives a small margin to save the slide before it spins out. Unfortunately with just a bit too much correction the car goes quickly into a heavy tank slapper and I spin the other way around. I have slightly improved that behaviour but the rear axle still feels nervous to me, esp. for a GT3 car.

1:37.0 so far on Hockenheim GP, not that slow compared with the other GT3 cars but would be a beast to tackle for a longer race.

I let you guys play around with it a bit before I post my first public setup ^^
    X2... Love this car, but....

Shadowoff, tks but your tips doesn't work for me.

Still feeling that this cars have a strange behavior for a GT3, the same for Bentley and Caddy...

Need help. Tks.
    Last edited by Thor_Gus; 09-05-2016 at 04:53.