Thread: Autodrome Dubai Rwd p30

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Autodrome Dubai Rwd p30

hi everyone i'm totally new to project cars and finding it a bewildering journey at the moment . I am trying to complete/win the solo season race at dubai autodrome using the rwd p30 , i do quite well on the turns gaining posistions , but on the straights i dont stand a chance , and all positions gained are duely lost .
    How are all the other cars massively faster than me on the straights ? Is it down to tuning ? If so can anyone kindly provide me with a competitive tune , just for now , until i learn my way around a bit more
    Also the launch off the grid is abysmal , is there a launch control programmable on these cars , or are all the rest of the AI just that much quicker on launch
    I am using a logitech g29 wheel , not the best my any stretch of the imagination , but is there any guides specific for this wheels ffb , as i cant seem to get a decent ffb setting , theres so much to adjust

Platform
    PC
    You might need to adjust your gear ratios in the car setup and also perhaps reduce the aero. I've found the P30 to be pretty competitive against the AI at ~75%.

There is a really good setup database here. You should be able to find a good setup for the P30 there.

As for the wheel, I don't use that model but plenty of folks around here do so you should be able to find some good settings to use. Also check out this thread.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    thanks for the info , ive looked at your link for ffb , but im at a total loss on what tweeker files are lol , basically i dont understand it at all

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by musomaniac View Post
    thanks for the info , ive looked at your link for ffb , but im at a total loss on what tweeker files are lol , basically i dont understand it at all
    So on the PC, you can drop these XML files into a special directory and the game will use those parameters instead of the ones selected in the game. Us console users have to set those values by using the GUI but the settings still work the same. Those XML files are called tweaker files by the user Jack Spade, who developed them, because they allow you to tweak the FFB. He has several different sets of files and each set focuses on a certain aspect of feedback. The ones I like the best are the 66% SoP Lateral files. These give you good feedback of the rear of the car so that you can catch oversteers before they become spin outs.

Also, there are two different groups of FFB settings: global settings and settings for individual cars. The global settings affect the overall FFB feel, how strong it is, deadzone removal, linearization, etc. The individual car settings are akin to the car setup (and are found in the same menu). These allow you to adjust the balance of forces in the various planes of motion (longitudinal, lateral, etc.) and also the balance between front (aka spindle) and rear (SoP - or seat of the pants). Tweaker files only affect the latter settings but Jack Spade has some suggested global settings that you can use as a starting point.

FFB in this game is 100% derived from the physics engine. In other words there are no canned effects. For example, if the car goes over a kerb, there are forces acting vertically on the car, and these will be felt proportionally to your Fz setting, which is one of the car-specific settings. I'll warn you that this is a fairly deep rabbit hole and I can't explain it all in one post. I'm just attempting to point you in the right direction. That said, due to a fairly rich background in signal processing, the FFB system makes more sense to me than most people so if I can answer any specific questions, feel free to ask either in this thread or in a PM to me.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    thanks for your help schnizz58 , i've been looking at other threads including a reply by your good self .................................

I can testify that the Pcars FFB is capable of doing all of these things as I've personally experienced them myself. So somewhere in there are settings that will allow you to experience this too. I understand the frustration of having to twiddle such a vast collection of knobs to get the feel you want. However I also understand the problem that SMS face of attempting to come up with a "goldilocks" configuration when trying to support an array of different wheels on different platforms. Rest assured that the FFB can be remarkably detailed when properly configured. It's just a matter of finding that configuration. In your case, if you're not feeling some of the more subtle effects, it could be that they are swamped by other forces. Maybe start by reducing tire force by 50% or so and then slowly increasing it until you start to feel the detail you're looking for. Also I think you're on the right track with Jack's 66% settings but they may need some tweaking to suit your taste. The values you should be focusing on (in addition to TF) are Fx, Fy, Fz & Mz and the SoP parameters. Also keep the FFB setting at 100 and use TF to adjust the overall strength of the feedback.

as i say i'm using the logitech g29 wheel , and would like to find out what global settings i need , before touching anything in the game , are the global settings generic to all wheels ? if not how or where can i find the global settings for this wheel?

These is so many permutations i dont know where to start with this ffb , i thought tuning was bad enough , but this is far worse . Tbh i'm thinking of putting this game to one side , as i spend more time trying to improve ffb than i ever do trying to race .

Platform
    PC
    The global settings are generic to all wheels but different wheels may need different settings. For example, if your wheel has a response curve that flattens out as the force gets stronger, you might want to try to linearize it by using scoop reduction. When I tried that I found that I didn't like the feel of a very linear wheel. I ended up using some scoop reduction but not enough to make it really linear. And this highlights a key point. FFB is very subjective. What I like may not work for you.

Think of the global settings as effects pedals that a guitar player uses. One adds distortion, another adds reverb, another is a chorus pedal, etc. Each pedal has a particular function but the guitarist knows that if he used them all at once it would muddy up his sound. So instead, he uses a few at a time to achieve a specific effect. So my advice is only use these post-processing effects when needed. On the other hand, the per car settings (such as the tweaker files) are like a mixer. They blend in various amounts of 6 different forces: Fx, Fy, Fz, Mz, SoP Lateral and SoP Differential. The first three are the forces in the x, y & z directions. Mz is the centering force (sometimes called centering spring although springs are no longer used for this). SoP Lateral is the lateral force on the rear of the car (oversteer) and SoP Differential is (I think) the vertical force on the rear. So by changing the sliders you control how much of each force is felt through the wheel.

This diagram may help (or it may confuse you further). It shows the processing chain from the output of the physics engine to the input of the wheel. Also there is a sticky thread in this sub-forum specifically for G29 wheels. I'd have a look at that if you haven't already. Finally, don't give up. The journey is definitely worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FFB Block Diagram.jpg  

Last edited by Schnizz58; 19-04-2016 at 00:40.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by musomaniac View Post
    thanks for your help schnizz58 , i've been looking at other threads including a reply by your good self .................................

I can testify that the Pcars FFB is capable of doing all of these things as I've personally experienced them myself. So somewhere in there are settings that will allow you to experience this too. I understand the frustration of having to twiddle such a vast collection of knobs to get the feel you want. However I also understand the problem that SMS face of attempting to come up with a "goldilocks" configuration when trying to support an array of different wheels on different platforms. Rest assured that the FFB can be remarkably detailed when properly configured. It's just a matter of finding that configuration. In your case, if you're not feeling some of the more subtle effects, it could be that they are swamped by other forces. Maybe start by reducing tire force by 50% or so and then slowly increasing it until you start to feel the detail you're looking for. Also I think you're on the right track with Jack's 66% settings but they may need some tweaking to suit your taste. The values you should be focusing on (in addition to TF) are Fx, Fy, Fz & Mz and the SoP parameters. Also keep the FFB setting at 100 and use TF to adjust the overall strength of the feedback.

as i say i'm using the logitech g29 wheel , and would like to find out what global settings i need , before touching anything in the game , are the global settings generic to all wheels ? if not how or where can i find the global settings for this wheel?

These is so many permutations i dont know where to start with this ffb , i thought tuning was bad enough , but this is far worse . Tbh i'm thinking of putting this game to one side , as i spend more time trying to improve ffb than i ever do trying to race .

If youre on ps4 use the ffb master to set wheel strength. Don't leave it at 100 like on pcs. Remember consoles don't have the extra profiler screen that pcs have. Once you get away from leaving the master at 100 you will have a much easier time getting the ffb set right. Jacks wheel settings are a good starting point to start tweaking from and along with his car settings should get you headed in the right direction pretty quickly. Just don't leave the ffb master at 100 start at whatever your wheel default is and you will most likely have to turn it down from there to get a reasonable weight.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/