Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clubsport V3 Pedal Brake Jerkiness

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    I had this exact same problem and applied WD PTFE Dry Lube multiple times as described but the problem constantly returned of a sticky, gritty feeling. Living in a hot & humid clime does not help I think. Eventually I contacted Fanatec and it took some time but they sent me a set of Waxed PU Foam which are working brilliantly. I do not know what the wax is but it would be helpful if Fanatec told us exactly what it is because I imagine at some point it may need reapplying. Brakes have been good for about 3 weeks now with no issues.
    Interesting they are using a more waxy lube now and as you say, they need to tell people what it is. The Dry Ceramic Lube I used has a slightly waxy consistency once dry and I guess the problem with these other dry lubes is they don't linger long enough. The waxier stuff sticks and does linger.

That Klueber pdf you linked Neelrocker, I'm guessing it's the SYNTHESO W Spray as it's the only one of that page that has the word "wax" in it.

Otherwise just pickup the Muc-Off Ceramic lube I linked. Loads of places sell it, even Halfords.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Interesting they are using a more waxy lube now and as you say, they need to tell people what it is. The Dry Ceramic Lube I used has a slightly waxy consistency once dry and I guess the problem with these other dry lubes is they don't linger long enough. The waxier stuff sticks and does linger.

That Klueber pdf you linked Neelrocker, I'm guessing it's the SYNTHESO W Spray as it's the only one of that page that has the word "wax" in it.

Otherwise just pickup the Muc-Off Ceramic lube I linked. Loads of places sell it, even Halfords.
    Any updates on that Rodders? i experience similar problems with the v3's and the brake performance kit and this is the only thread i found online describing almost my problem. i have already ordered the liqui molly ptfe spray.

What i have noticed is that when i use the pedals for the first time after hours, when i press brake pedal with force i can feel a small "sponge step" like something is moving and relocates inside the cylinder, then the input bar in the drivers page behaves differently than i setted it, it's like more sensitive or other times less sensitive, also last weekend during an endurance race, suddenly the input became extremely sensitive like someone changed the sensitivity while i was driving, then i entered the pits to stop the car but when i applied 100% force, brake pedal went dead, i had to disconnect the usb cable and reconnect it for the pedals to work, this is the second time i had this fault... pedals where calibrated using the auto calibration method, i will try and use the manual calibration this time.

I have been able to compare muc-off ceramic c3 dry lube with the guenuine Fanatec solution (Klueber wax) and both perform the same (=very good).
    Also I can confirm muc-off solution is durable, it will take monthes before you ever need to re-apply (if even needed).

Now both are for the foam pad, idk how it would perform with the BPK.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    i mean i will spray only the small pu foam of the brake perforamnce kit, not the other red and green cylinders

You can go for muc-off C3 dry ceramic then, or contact Fanatec chat support if you prefer the Klueber wax (they don't sell the wax but can send a foam with wax already applied).