Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche 911R 2016 by JDougNY and GvsE [car mod]

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Is there something I might be doing wrong with the mod? I have followed the instructions, but I cannot see the car in the car list. The only other mod I have used is the MachineDojo R8 posted a few days ago and that works and it's basically the same install process. Just to make sure, I disabled the Audi R8 at JSGME and then enabled the Porsche, but still nothing.
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by konnos View Post
    Is there something I might be doing wrong with the mod? I have followed the instructions, but I cannot see the car in the car list. The only other mod I have used is the MachineDojo R8 posted a few days ago and that works and it's basically the same install process. Just to make sure, I disabled the Audi R8 at JSGME and then enabled the Porsche, but still nothing.
    Throw mods.txt into the pcars folder (Steam\steamapps\common\pCars) and write this in the end:
    Vehicles\Por_911R\por_911r.crd
    :tyres: "Pirelli PZero Corsa-Med" "Pirelli PZero Corsa-Med-Rear" "Pirelli PZero-All Weather" "Pirelli PZero-All Weather-Rear" "Pirelli PZero Trofeo-Soft" "Pirelli PZero Trofeo-Soft-Rear"
    :hud: Por_911R

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's already there
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by konnos View Post
    It's already there
    So... you have to do a second step

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    No I mean, the file is there and the text is as you described, I did follow the instructions that were in the download link, just the car is not appearing for me. Any other reason it is not there?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Is the MODS folder in the same directory as pcars exe? Post the path to mods folder please.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hotak View Post
    It's working for me with detail on ultra, very nice car, but for some reason the rims texture/reflecrion seems wrong to me, can't really tell why.
    The physics seem well done, very fun car to drive on cali highway
    this is the problem:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cattura1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	231712

Platform
    PC
    Not working for me.
    if i create Mods folder. add or not add correct path to crd file = not working.
    if i don't create Mods folder and add files in exiting folder (like animation, etc)... asking to replace files...No, absolutely not ! i want to keep my original files.
    So ! don't work.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK I have found what was wrong and now I see the car in my car list. Basically, the rar you download has got a "Porsche_911R_V1.01" folder in it. Despite what the instructions say, this is not the folder you should be extracting into the MODS folder in PCars. Open that Porsche folder, go into MODS and this is the Porsche folder you should be extracting into your MODS folder... If you didn't bother opening the original Porsche folder you wouldn't know that.
    The following user likes this Post: Eugene Flerko

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    six75, NaRP
    the mod isn't installed correctly. Please see konnos' post above for tips on what went wrong. Correct path to the 911 in your MODS after extracting should be: SteamApps\common\pCars\MODS\Porsche 911R '16 (V1.01) and not SteamApps\common\pCars\MODSPorsche_911R_V1.01\MODS\Porsche 911R '16 (V1.01). Look inside the unpacked archive and you can basically copy the MODS folder that's inside the archive and paste it in your game directory. Then activate with JSGME.
    I hope this is clear.

Edit: I changed installation instructions in the first post (the extraction bit might have been confusing). Hope this will eliminate your problems. Good luck!
    Last edited by Mike Scott; 19-04-2016 at 21:37.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, IJOJOI, KkDrummer