Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cockpit view queston

Platform
    XBOX1

cockpit view queston

What exactly goes into the decision to how low the seat can move when adjusting it? Alot of them are still so high I just cant see anyone thinking its got enough adjustment to it unless there is a reason it cant have enough adjustment to it. Not trying to complain about something that isn't going to happin or get changed,but I was wondering if there is a reason for this? Cars like the v8 supercar and now the merc gt3 car has cockpit views that are extremely to high because the seat doesn't have enough movement in the down direction.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jussi Viljami Karjalainen, Tortue G

Maybe the driver model is a tall 1,90m guy.
    Intel i7 6700K, 16GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, W10 64bit, T300RS Wheel

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Macedo View Post
    Maybe the driver model is a tall 1,90m guy.
    ....He would have to be taller that to be that far off as some cars. Its more than I'm just a player that likes the driving view to be extra lower than anyone else. The seat adjustment for a lot of cars don't even get near that low for it to be a extra low seat. It just seems strange that after years of work and effort spent making the player feel like he is really driving a race car. To end it with leaving the player to constantly trying to ignore that he is suppose to be lower in the car seems silly. Options on top of options for every little detail in the game and then someone doesn't put near enough range in the seat adjustment movements so we feel like were setting on a stack of books when driving. There has to be a reason, I was just wondering what it was

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I've heard F1 drivers say that they have to lift and/or move their head forward the see over the nose. In video games you can't do this, hence the reason why the cockpit view seems a bit higher than real life. The game could benefit from a couple more clicks "down".

Platform
    PS4
    i hadn't noticed. i primarily drive open wheel tho. i go real close to as low as i can go but don't need it to go any lower as at the lowest i already have a difficult time seeing the track.

edit: for the reasons mentioned above in Rambo's post. i can turn my head left and right and up and down but cant extend my neck to see from a tad higher perspective
    Last edited by JessicaWalter; 18-04-2016 at 03:31.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo_Commando View Post
    I've heard F1 drivers say that they have to lift and/or move their head forward the see over the nose. In video games you can't do this, hence the reason why the cockpit view seems a bit higher than real life. The game could benefit from a couple more clicks "down".
    ..its not even close though. Edit
    Last edited by kevin kirk; 18-04-2016 at 03:41.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I think the same thing when I play F1 2015. The cockpit view in that game really annoyed me. Pcars is a bit better but you are right. Maybe vr headsets address this issue, idk. However, adjust the seat down to a realistic height makes the view of your feet strange in the formula rookie car. I know this from experience. The company I work for host charitable fundraisers at Mosport every year which I've taking part in 8 times. You raise $1500 and get to race a formula Ford for the day against 12-15 other entrants. I have good knowledge of this car hence the reason why I'm always driving it in Pcars. From my experience this is what I've noticed. The default cockpit view (formula rookie) in the game is way to high. If I adjust the "seat down" to what I know is realistic, from actually driving this car, then you see way too much of your feet in the game. I was never able to see the tip of my toes on the pedals driving the actual car. In the game, the relation between your head and feet through the drivers eyes seems ill proportioned.
    Last edited by Rambo_Commando; 18-04-2016 at 05:10.

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, I would like to have much more range in the cockpit view adjustments, on several (even road cars) you just can't get down low enough. Well, thankfully you can use the Ctrl-K trick on PC and PS4 at least.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    Yeah, I would like to have much more range in the cockpit view adjustments, on several (even road cars) you just can't get down low enough. Well, thankfully you can use the Ctrl-K trick on PC and PS4 at least.
    But settings done with ctrl+k won't save, like i said in another thread new dash cam in AC is a nice compromise between realism and visibility, it has to be said that irl open wheeler drivers have "3d" vision that is important for depth of field to correctly see distances
    Last edited by havocc; 18-04-2016 at 09:41.

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Probably the only thing I'd want from AC, aside from the "more road cars than racing cars" bias, is the onboard adjustments app that allows you to tailor the cockpit view of each car and save them separately. That'd be great...
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following user likes this Post: Brainbug