Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA Challenger Series: Round 1: Bentley GT3 at Monza

Marketing and esports Manager Joseph Barron's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

NVIDIA Challenger Series: Round 1: Bentley GT3 at Monza

Round 1 of the NVIDIA Challenger Series opens tonight at midnight UK time.

Enter via the Community Events screen in-game, on all platforms. You will be driving the Bentley GT3 car at Monza.

Only teams which registered during preseason will be eligible to score team championship points. All drivers are eligible for driver championship points.

In the 2016 season, there are separate Divisions for PC and Console players.

Event regulations

Please read the FULL regulations on our Esports website. It is your responsibility as a competitor to read these. If you breach the rules either deliberately, or accidentally, ignorance is not an excuse.

TRACK LIMITS

It is critical that you obey the rules on track limits.

Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt, the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track.

It is possible that you can cut the track or run wide without the game penalising you, and therefore your time & ghost will still appear on the leaderboard. SMS staff will review all of the ghost laps on the leaderboards. If we can see from your ghost that you cut the track or ran wide at any point, then we will not include your time in the official results.

You must obey the track limits rules around the entire circuit, but please pay particular care at:

- The first chicane (turns 1 & 2)
    - The second chicane (turns 4 & 5)
    - The exit of both Lesmo corners (turns 6 & 7)
    - The run-off at the exit of the Ascari Chicane (turn 10)
    - The run-off at the exit of the Parabolica (turn 11)

If you are unsure which corners these are, please see this circuit map.

Improved times with track cuts

If you improve your time on the leaderboard, but exceed track limits on your new lap, then your time will be ignored as described above. If this happens, we do not roll back to your previous valid lap time. Only your fastest lap on the leaderboard at the end of the event will be considered for the final results.

Therefore, if during a lap you think that you might have cut a corner or run-wide even slightly, please back-off & abandon the lap, rather than set an invalid lap for the leaderboard. Otherwise you risk setting an invalid lap that you cannot replace with a faster, valid lap before the end of the event, meaning you miss out on possible championship points.

Improving your time in the final hour of the event

If you are still improving your times in the final hour of the event on Monday night, please consider recording video footage of your lap. If you improve your lap at the very end and for some reason we cannot review your ghost, we may request that you provide video footage of the lap so that we can check that you didn't cut the track. Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

In the footage, we ideally need to see the chase camera and the TV cameras from the replay of your lap. Your video should also show the in-game pause screen, displaying the lap-time, to prove that the video footage matches the time on the leaderboard.

That's all the boring stuff out of the way now. Good luck this weekend!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Good to see all this stuff ! Good luck for all drivers ! #RC

Platform
    PS4
    Well I like he car and track combo

Observations from the PS4, weather is clear again and not light cloud, in car FFB is forced to default levels, (in car I have everything to 0 other than Fy which is 22 and Mz which is 90) so the change is noticeable for me, however you can adjust things like tyre force and FFB level to make the wheel more manageable.

Feels like default fuel load judging from my lap times, but it is indicated a 5l in car. As long as it's the same for everyone it is not a problem.

WMD Member
    http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.co...event?event=86 shows a lot of times with non-default car setups on PC.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Platform
    PC
    as i understand the setup is forces,
    is it nessesery to set it in the setup menu to default for monza or will it be automaticly forced to default?
    regards from Bavaria
    Thomas.

somewhen something heard about mass inertia?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU i7 6700k | ASUS Z170 pro Gaming | RAM Kingston 32GB 2666 | GPU 1070 OC| OS Win 10 64-bit |* Fanatec CSWV2, CS Pedals V2
    In-game: DX11 | 21:9 2560*1080 | FA 16x | AA D4x | Details: all on and max
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platform
    PS4
    It is forced to default for this event, so no need to do anything, other than press the button to start. It will not overwrite your saved setup so I would presume that is why we see custom setup being displayed on the PC leaderboard.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Joseph Barron, Thomas Sikora

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    I just created a custom setup for the Bentley and then went straight to the event and set a deliberately very slow time. Just waiting for the event leaderboard to refresh to see whether it shows 'default' or 'custom'. What I will say is that the setup in the event felt very much 100% default. Just interested to see how it appears on the leaderboard, that's all.

Re. driver aids, I was not able to switch them on and off mid-lap, I was forced to have whatever they are set as in the general game setup. Pressing the buttons not only brought up N/A on screen, it had no effect on the driver aid itself - ie, if it was already enabled then it stayed enabled.

EDIT : Yep, my time shows as a custom setup, but there is no way it was running the setup I created, it felt exactly the same as the default setup I ran some time trial laps with before the event started .
    Last edited by cluck; 22-04-2016 at 10:17.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 4 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, beetes_juice, Joseph Barron, Ramiboo

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    I just created a custom setup for the Bentley and then went straight to the event and set a deliberately very slow time. Just waiting for the event leaderboard to refresh to see whether it shows 'default' or 'custom'. What I will say is that the setup in the event felt very much 100% default. Just interested to see how it appears on the leaderboard, that's all.

Re. driver aids, I was not able to switch them on and off mid-lap, I was forced to have whatever they are set as in the general game setup. Pressing the buttons not only brought up N/A on screen, it had no effect on the driver aid itself - ie, if it was already enabled then it stayed enabled.
    Jeah, on ps4 same, however still only 'real settings' are possible. No stability control available. Not with the 'assign-button' (we can't use them too, N/A on all assists), also not working if you turn it on in the menu.
    DC-SimRacing/Team DCS
    www.DC-SimRacing.NL

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    And in my eyes it's good that only REAL Assits are possible....
    The Assist in pCars make you faster not slower..
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    And in my eyes it's good that only REAL Assits are possible....
    The Assist in pCars make you faster not slower..
    I'm okay with whatever settings. Problem is that there was told that all assists where available. So we practiced a lot with assists. And now it turnes out different. Also with the LGCS, our setups where partly useless. Al that work was for nothing. And then there is the problem of the settings. In the event there is way less grip then for example in time trial. I would like to know for the future what the date/time/weather settings sms uses for the events. Then we can practice and tune in these same conditions.
    DC-SimRacing/Team DCS
    www.DC-SimRacing.NL