Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [HowTo] Register Vehicle Mods

Platform
    PC

[HowTo] Register Vehicle Mods

Since Patch 10.2 we support an easy way to include vehicle related mods. There is now no need to unpack any boot pakfiles or use any tools to run the mods.

Three types of mods are currently supported:

• Full vehicle mods
    • Custom liveries (more than one per vehicle)
    • Tyre Mods

The vehicle and livery mods are registered with the game via a mods.txt file (example below). Tyre mods are via a tiremod.rg file. Both of these are placed in the game data root folder (same location as the exe)

Note: These instructions are how to register community created mods with the game, not how to create the mods themselves. See existing mods for examples.

Vehicle Mods
    Vehicles mods are registered via mods.txt by adding the crd entry along with sub entries to set the tyres and hud to use by the vehicle.

To add a vehicle the format is:

Code:
    (path to vehicle crd file)
    :tyres:       (list of tyres that the vehicle can use)
    :hud:         (vehicle name) } Only add one of :hud: or :hudmotec:
    :hudmotec:    (vehicle name) }
    On loading the game will search for the vehicle mod CRD file and add it to the vehicle list, when the vehicle is selected it will attempt to load it. We have added overrides in code to allow loose loading of the following types when loading a vehicle mod:

Code:
    *VEHNAME*.cdfbin
    *VEHNAME*.edfbin
    *VEHNAME*.gdfbin
    *VEHNAME*.sdfbin
    *VEHNAME*.hdtbin
    Collision/*VEHNAME*.xml
    Collision/*VEHNAME*.joi.xml
    Collision/*VEHNAME*.sys.xml
    statistics/*VEHNAME*.mrdf
    vehicles/*VEHNAME*.vdfm
    *VEHNAME*.csd
    *VEHNAME*.cpt
    *VEHNAME*.cgp
    *VEHNAME*.cdv
    *VEHNAME*.cdp
    *VEHNAME*.vhf
    *VEHNAME*_cockpit.vhf
    *VEHNAME*.rcf
    *VEHNAME*_hr.rcf
    Multiple vehicle mods can be registered via mods.txt, see the attached file for examples

Custom Liveries
    This refers to adding custom liveries to non-mod vehicles.

Place the modified RCF in the data folder and then register it with mods.txt. That RCF will now be loaded instead of the default one in the game data. Note some vehicles look for a HR RCF file first, so that file will have to be modified and registered instead.

As an example the following lines can be added to mods.txt to override both of the livery RCF files for the Formula A

Vehicles\formula_a\formula_a.rcf
    Vehicles\formula_a\formula_a_HR.rcf
    New tires
    To add new tires, simply add the tiremod.rg in your root folder: tiremod.txt (rename to "tiremod.rg")
    The file itself can have any new treads, carcasses, heat models, and tires. Any tire with the same name as an existing tire will be ignored. Any RECORD with the same name as an existing RECORD will be ignored.

More examples:
    For an example you can look at this test implementation and MDMTs R8 Mod

Mods.txt:
    mods.txt

Thank you to you for this information. I kept track of Florence there is a way to put it?

Platform
    PC
    IIRC tracks are possible but takes a lot of work as it is. SMS can add support to them though but not yet in (if it ever comes)
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (387.92) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 Asus Xonar DX | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v289 - fw 299/130) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 0 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: Custom |Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 |Frequency: 600

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium| SS: 1.4| Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low| Car/Track: High | Blur: Off | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds

Would you mind clarifying how the addition of tire files works? I stuck a tire.rg with new tires into the root folder that addressed a tire to the P1 GTR we're working on. It didn't work, so I thought I'd address the car to the tire in the mods.txt as well. Still nothing. I figured maybe there's a conflict with tire.rg being the filename, so I changed it, still nothing. As a last straw I put the filename into the mods.txt to try and get it to load that way, but still no dice. Are there any other criteria to get it working?

FWIW I also tried putting it in vehicles/physics/tires and addressing it there, but still no luck

Platform
    PC
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula Black Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)

Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    That is for textures, I am talking about physics code
    The following user likes this Post: Reiche

Platform
    PC
    ah my mistake, i missed that bit.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula Black Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)

FWIW:

As of 04/20/16, edited .crd files for existing vehicles will not load (which I guess makes sense as it is not in the list provided of loose files loaded by mods.txt), which means re-classifying vehicles is out. Ged said he might look into this - this way Custom Grid can be modified to use this new implementation. Custom Livery Tool has already been updated.

Any hope of getting non-vehicle loose files added to this as well? I'm asking with interest in the \championships\ folder, M4MKey would probably be interested in the weathereffects.bff to get the Lights mod implemented easily.

Finally, thank you to everyone involved in adding this support - makes things much easier for everyone to enjoy the mods that help us enjoy the game
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 22-04-2016 at 19:18.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Marine, NoBrakes, Reiche, Siberian Tiger, Tommi-TAG

Platform
    PC
    Is this the supposed 'documentation'?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hobbs View Post
    Would you mind clarifying how the addition of tire files works? I stuck a tire.rg with new tires into the root folder that addressed a tire to the P1 GTR we're working on. It didn't work, so I thought I'd address the car to the tire in the mods.txt as well. Still nothing. I figured maybe there's a conflict with tire.rg being the filename, so I changed it, still nothing. As a last straw I put the filename into the mods.txt to try and get it to load that way, but still no dice. Are there any other criteria to get it working?

FWIW I also tried putting it in vehicles/physics/tires and addressing it there, but still no luck
    The rg has to have the name tiremod.rg