Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [HowTo] Register Vehicle Mods

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaguy5555 View Post
    Hi guys. I read as much as I can and understand some of it. Not sure where most of these files are?

I have enabled mods before with good results mostly. But am having a problem with the new Porsche 918. It shows in the index and I can click on it. The program crashes when going to track or garage. The wheel spins for a few seconds then 'unsuspected' massage I click ok and Pcars is shut off.
    The car shouldn't be crashing the game. You must have installed incorrectly. Are you using JSGME?

Platform
    PC
    Yes I am using JSGME. I have installed about twenty other cars successfully.

There is other options, no roof, wheels.... So I'm wondering if I was soppoed to install the packages?

It shows up in the index with a picture. I can even look at it if I scroll through in garage but it crashes if I just try opening the car from the list to garage or track.
    If you drive like hell you'll get there!!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaguy5555 View Post
    Yes I am using JSGME. I have installed about twenty other cars successfully.

There is other options, no roof, wheels.... So I'm wondering if I was soppoed to install the packages?

It shows up in the index with a picture. I can even look at it if I scroll through in garage but it crashes if I just try opening the car from the list to garage or track.
    Very strange, it must be something on your end because many people are using the car successfully

Platform
    PC
    I am having a hard time understanding this. I have installed twenty or more mods that all still work but now I can't anymore.

I'm get a (unhandled exception trapped, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) on the past three install. I can't figure out what I'm doing different/wrong?

Platform
    PC
    You're not necessarily doing something wrong, this can happen sometimes. Did you try renaming your default.sav?
    Last edited by Reiche; 30-06-2017 at 07:07. Reason: changed "deleting" to "renaming", thank you Roger for heads up
    Improved hardware (PC) + improved hardware (FFB + pedals) + improved driving skills - limited amount of time = less to no time for livery painting
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Roger Prynne, vegaguy5555

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    You're not necessarily doing something wrong, this can happen sometimes. Did you try deleting your default.sav?
    Renaming is better, so if it made no difference you can always revert back to the original.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 3 users likes this Post: Reiche, vegaguy5555, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    Thanks guys! Will give it a try when I get home.

Over the weekend counted and I have 32 working mods. I uninstalled them all and just tried the Spyder but it didn't help. I have downloaded the F40 as well and its doing the same thing.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Got a similar problem:
    First, the Audi R8 LMS 2015 doesn't even show up when I activate the mod with JSGME, even though it worked previously. I took a break from the game for a few months and came back today. I downloaded the Alpina b6 gt3, Ferrari 488 gt3 and the 650s gt3. The audi still doesn't show up, the alpina had an installer, but doesn't show up either. Then we come to the most frustrating bits: the 650s and the 488 do show up, but when I'm trying to look at them in the garage I get this message:
    BDgbFatal
    File:Source\Platforms\Win\CMeshPrimitiveType.cpp
    Line:753
    Func:MWL::Renderer::WinRenderer::CMeshPrimitiveType::LoadBinaryMeshFromResource

Mesh file does not exist: vehicles_488_gt3\ferrari_488_gt3_caliper_rr:loda.meb
    after that I get the old EXEPTION_BREAKPOINT shtick and all.

I don't know what to do anymore. I deleted the savefile, no effect. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mods re-edited the mod.txt file, no effect. Nothing seems to change anything and I'm now reminded why I took the break from the game, but if anyone could help me I'dbe very thankful.

Edit: Got the Alpina mod to work, but that causes a crash to desktop, like the 488 and 650s, the moment I want to have a look at the thing in the garage. Same errormessage like above, just another mesh that wasn't found. It's unspeakably irritating.

Edit no. 2: Ran the game in both 32 and 64bit, makes no difference.
    Last edited by Serotoninjunkie; 26-10-2017 at 19:49.