Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [HowTo] Register Vehicle Mods

Quote Originally Posted by LamboMantisMan23 View Post
    The rg has to have the name tiremod.rg
    Does that mean you have a working method? Because I just did that and still nothing working here

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hobbs View Post
    Does that mean you have a working method? Because I just did that and still nothing working here
    What are you putting in the file?

Quote Originally Posted by LamboMantisMan23 View Post
    What are you putting in the file?
    As a test it's the old tire.rg with the handling mod I made previously. I'll have a look at copying over the base tire code for a clean file but the physics debug has no mention of loading a second .rg file

EDIT: Coped over the base templates and code and then transplanted the new tire code in but still no dice. I guess I'll just wait for the proper documentation
    Last edited by Alex Hobbs; 22-04-2016 at 19:49.

Platform
    PC
    Indeed, the tiremod.rg is missing at the moment. Will post here as soon as I have it.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Alex Hobbs, crowtrobot, ermo

Thanks! Much appreciated

Platform
    PC
    Tiremod.rg added to the first post. Be aware to rename it properly (the forum doesn't allow to upload files with "suspicious" file types).
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ermo, Gethema, Mad LL

Platform
    PC
    Great to see that it is becoming possible to mod in an easier way!

What are the odds of getting access to the documentation/specs/API of the .cdfbin (or any .*bin) binary packing format such that we can work with plain text/human-readable .cdf etc. files in version control systems for better maintainability? Ideally, we (the community) could develop tools that do isometric conversions back and forth between e.g. .cdf and .cdfbin, unless of course you consider this a one-way transformation (from .cdf -> .cdfbin) from your point of view?

To be clear, I'm not asking for any tools or any code drop, just the docs/specs for how to do this, which I assume that you already have internally -- if nothing else, then encoded in the .h/.cpp files that implement this functionality on your side of the fence.
    Last edited by ermo; 25-04-2016 at 09:21.
    A.K.A. ermo | CPU i7 3770K@4 GHz | RAM 32GB DDR3-2400 | GFX Vega 64 AC @ 1280x1024\1920x1080/1280x1024 | Controller G27 w/NIXIM mod | OS Win10 Pro x64 | UTF-8 characters: ✓ ✔ ✗ ✘ ← ↑ → ↓

"We respond to well constructed criticism, good ideas which are properly described and thought through, and ideas that will benefit the whole community, not a vocal minority.

Do not repeat requests, be patient and polite, and have some confidence in our ongoing desire to improve the game for all users, which we have clearly and ably demonstrated in the past." -- Richard Steer, Slightly Mad Studios
    The following user likes this Post: Riccardo De Rosa

Platform
    PC
    ^^ Also wouldn't mind the same sort of thing when editing MEB and 3D files with all the extra UV layers and so on to create tools to do all that tedious hex editing for us.

Thanks for the template Elmo, what's the next step to get this working? I followed the template structure with my own tires and nothing, so the next step was to get the template file you posted and try and address a renamed version of that tire to the P1 we're working on, but still nothing despite tagging the car in the .rg as well as the mods.txt for safe measure. The debug files are also making no mention of a second .rg file. Is tire support coming in a future patch or is it supposed to be working atm?
    The following user likes this Post: ermo

Also since this is a how to thread about modding, have you any ideas why this is happening? I cloned out a FRS RB a few days back and had a similar error where it wasn't loading a chassis file despite the names being correct and I assumed it was the game bugging out due to the names of the chassis being different to the name of the vdfm which is an annoying additional problem but not the biggest of my issues. However, I just cloned out a formula C for testing purposes and the vehicle wouldn't load into the menu, with this error:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modproblem01.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	232078

Everything was renamed from formula_c to formulh_c to ensure a new name and that every name was identical. As you can see the game is failing to load the hdtbin, despite the hdtbin being present and correct on the other side of the screenshot. Am I missing something?