Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [HowTo] Register Vehicle Mods

Kart Driver
    This goes with what Ermo posted about coded physics files.

A member named Shiimis had done quite a bit of translating of the physics files. I took over and added more translations and became a maintainer of the information. Other members have contributed along the way, too. Since the physics data is coded, I discuss what's in the files at another site, along with providing access to the info via public folder.

Some time ago, Shiimis also created a binary file modification tool which will take a specifically formatted text file and generate the coded physics files. This tool was left in my hands to where I would still need to create the various formatted text files and supporting template binary files to work with the tool. In most cases, this tool would cause more harm than good. The reason being are the many "Unknown" parameters in the physics files.....especially in the Chassis file (CDFbin).
    As as example, when I need to change from RWD to AWD, I know to grab a chunk of data at the bottom of the CDFbin, and replace the data in my own file, along with changing a series of bytes and floats in another section of the file. Also, if the chunk of data I added in was different in length, I have to revise a group of byte count registers at the top of the file. I refer to this as "Blind" editing...don't know what's in all of the data, I just know that's what needs to be done to get the results I'm looking for. Likewise, there's a bit of blind editing to change a car from a H-shift manual to a semi-auto/sequential (just changing a series of bytes and floats in a section of the code).

I guess the point to this post is, whether or not, SMS would be open to providing a matrix to all of the parameters that may reside in each of the coded physics files. We see there is a hex string (ID) for each parameter. In most hex strings there are also bytes to denote the format of data to follow (byte, float, 32bit decimal, etc). So, the proposed matrix would include the hex string (ID), the name of the parameter and maybe a description of the function if it's not so obvious. Also, the meaning of the chunk of code at the very end of the CDFbin (after the RearRight section with byte length noted at address 0x20)

If I had a better grasp on all of the "Unknowns", I could look into creating something more functional to work with the binary file modification tool by Shiimis.
    Last edited by JDougNy; 25-04-2016 at 14:28.
    System Specs - Intel I7-2600k @ 4.4ghz or so, Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus, 8GB Ripjaws @ 2133mhz, EVGA GTX 970 FTW, Thermaltake 850watt SLI power supply, Windows 10 x64 Pro
    The following 5 users likes this Post: crowtrobot, ermo, IJOJOI, Mad LL, Tommi-TAG

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    By this new method, is safe to use a MOD with custom liveries, for multiplayer championships without being banned by Steam's VAC ?
    | CPU: Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 Ghz | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 04 GB | RAM: 08 GB DDR3 @ 1600 Mhz | OS: Windows 10 x64 | Driving With: Logitech G27 Wheel ; X360 Wirelles Controller For Windows |

Thanks for the Modding support, SMS.
    I appreciate everyone involved to make it possible for us!
    The following user likes this Post: Henrique Clausing

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Clausing View Post
    By this new method, is safe to use a MOD with custom liveries, for multiplayer championships without being banned by Steam's VAC ?
    Yes*, but bear in mind that everyone on the server needs to have the same livery files (art and .rcf) or the liveries will not show properly.

*My testing's been limited to p2p connections, so I can't say one way or another w.r.t. dedicated servers. My guess is that there would not be any risk of VAC ban there either, but don't quote me.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following user likes this Post: Henrique Clausing

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    Yes*, but bear in mind that everyone on the server needs to have the same livery files (art and .rcf) or the liveries will not show properly.

*My testing's been limited to p2p connections, so I can't say one way or another w.r.t. dedicated servers. My guess is that there would not be any risk of VAC ban there either, but don't quote me.
    Ok, thank you.
    | CPU: Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 Ghz | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 04 GB | RAM: 08 GB DDR3 @ 1600 Mhz | OS: Windows 10 x64 | Driving With: Logitech G27 Wheel ; X360 Wirelles Controller For Windows |

Kart Driver
    Not sure if this has been covered by the testers of the new mod code.
    There appears to be an issue with the huds. I have 4 of my cars in the Mods.txt with the proper :hud: entry for each car.
    All tach textures are saved with correct compression level with alpha and no mip-maps.
    All folder and file naming is correct.
    In the game, only one hud is acknowledged....the 3rd car in the mods.txt
    System Specs - Intel I7-2600k @ 4.4ghz or so, Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus, 8GB Ripjaws @ 2133mhz, EVGA GTX 970 FTW, Thermaltake 850watt SLI power supply, Windows 10 x64 Pro

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I was trying to add some custom liveries to my game without success. The instructions state "Place the modified RCF in the data folder ". Which data folder is being referred to? Is it the main folder with the exe. or some other one. Also, where is it best to place my new liveries? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by ddaniels View Post
    I was trying to add some custom liveries to my game without success. The instructions state "Place the modified RCF in the data folder ". Which data folder is being referred to? Is it the main folder with the exe. or some other one. Also, where is it best to place my new liveries? Thanks for any help.
    Hi, ddaniels.
    I was also interested in the new Custom Liveries Support System. And thanks to the information and support from Elmo (SMS), Ged Keaveney (SMS), JDougNY and crowtrobot, I could find out how it works

(Edited: 01/05/2016)
    Moved the Links and the file to my next post.

At the moment, this file includes only Readme with Credits because, without support from SMS, JDougNY and crowtrobot, I could have done nothing. Thanks again to everyone.

I think you already know how to install mods.txt and MODS folder with JSGME.
    I'm going to complete the file including all necessary information and post it here hopefully this weekend.
    Hope this helps until then.
    Last edited by Tommi-TAG; 01-05-2016 at 04:12.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ddaniels, Henrique Clausing, NoBrakes, Riccardo De Rosa

Hello.
    I edited a sample Livery Pack for testing "Custom Liveries".
    Also, I wrote a small guide about how to use "Custom Liveries".
    Thanks again to everyone involved for making "Vehicle Mods" possible.
    Hope this information helps.

@ SMS Dev Team
    I don't have enough experience about "Custom Liveries" yet.
    Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I'll correct it as soon as possible.

Description

- This is a sample Livery Pack for testing and to show it's possible to

"replace" all original liveries,
    "add" multiple new custom liveries,
    and use Fresnel & Spec Maps for them.

- Project CARS "Patch 10.2" or higher has to be installed.

- In this package, I used "Formula B" cars for testing.

#1 - #23 cars: replaced with the original liveries
    #24-#27 cars: added as new Custom Liveries (with Fresnel & Spec Maps)

<Note 1>
    - The Modding way of "Custom Liveries" can't be used (partially) for the car which originally does not have Custom Livery option in the game.
    (e.g.) McLaren cars.

<Note 2>
    - The player can use any Custom Liveries in-game.

On the other hand,
    - the Custom Livery which was "replaced" with the original livery appears as AI opponent's livery in-game.
    - But, the Custom Livery which was "added" as new one doesn't appear as AI opponent's livery in-game.

So, if you want to use some livery for AI opponent's car, please replace the original one with that Custom Livery.

Credits

* Slightly Mad Studios *

* JDougNy *
    - Thanks to JDougNy for unpacked files and Modding support for the community.

* crowtrobot *
    - Thanks to crowtrobot for unpacked files, Modding support for the community and the idea to use simple "Color + Number" liveries for testing.

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2...t+Formula+B.7z

Forum Threads & Posts that helped a lot

- [HowTo] Register Vehicle Mods (This thread)
    The main thread of the official "Vehicle Mods" support. (Thanks to Elmo.)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-Vehicle-Mods

- "Test Package" by crowtrobot. (Thanks to crowtrobot.)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1264597

- Description about how to use crowtrobot's Test Package. (Thanks to Ged Keaveney.)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1264780

- "Custom Liveries Tool" by crowtrobot that enables the advanced custom liveries management. (Thanks to crowtrobot.)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Package-Export

- Vehicle custom liveries - How to + FAQ
    Basic information & tutorial about how to create Custom Liveries and how to use Fresnel & Spec Maps. (Thanks to Fernando Pedace.)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ies-How-to-FAQ

About ".rcf" files

crowtrobot's "Custom Liveries Tool" includes all ".rcf" files for all cars.
    (Thanks again to crowtrobot for his support.)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Package-Export

Basic Guide

(P.S. The attached images look a bit blurred, sorry. The original image files are included with .PNG format in the archieve.)

About the Base File Reference System
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Custom_Liveries_02-1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	232458

Name:	Custom_Liveries_02-2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	232459

Name:	Custom_Liveries_02-3.jpg 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	232460

Name:	Custom_Liveries_02-4.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	232461

Name:	Custom_Liveries_02-5.jpg 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	232462

Name:	Custom_Liveries_02-6.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	232463

About "How to change the Color of the Wheels"

Name:	Custom_Liveries_02.jpg 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	232403

About "How to add Fresnel & Spec Maps"

Name:	Custom_Liveries_03.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	232404

About "How to add new Custom Liveries"

Name:	Custom_Liveries_04.jpg 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	232407

Video Preview

Installation & Uninstallation

Please refer to the Readme included in the archive.
    Last edited by Tommi-TAG; 01-05-2016 at 21:35.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: ddaniels, Mad LL, NoBrakes, RamCor, sic_kapkan

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Tommi-TAG thanks for taking the time to make the guide. I didn't realize JSGME was required or the exact layout. I was able to get some of the gt3 car skins working and have plenty more to add. Thanks again.
    The following user likes this Post: Tommi-TAG