Thread: [ANSWERED] DLC cars in career contracts?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[ANSWERED] DLC cars in career contracts?

I only found threads about this issue from a year ago or so. I guess quite a few things changed since then, so i wanted to ask the following questions:
    1. Can i get contract offers with all DLC cars, that fit into a certain category (like Aston Martin DBR1-2 in LMP1, or Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 in GT3)?
    2. If not, which are the exceptions? -
    3. Are all DLC cars, which don't fit into a certain category or from question "2." used in the career mode for invitational events?
    4. If not, which DLC cars can't be used in the career at all?

I am asking, because i think a lot of those DLC's look quite interesting. However, i also own Assetto Corsa and R3E, and use them for hotlapping, cruising or online.
    I only use Project Cars for career mode, nothing else. So it only makes sense for me to buy a DLC, when it fulfills my questions 1 and 3.
    Thanks for your answers

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Not sure if i understood, but.

1. All GT3 and GTE cars from DLCs can be used on 'Carrer mode' under the GT3 Championship, Aston GTE, Corvette C7R, Cadillac, Bentley Con and the AMG GT3 are available if you either start a 'New Carrer' or fullfil a requirement (ie; win a number of races).

1a. For the Aston LMP1, E-Tron and Toyota HY they are available under LMP1 contract (2 races per track and around 8-10 tracks per season with only LMP1s on the track, they are timed races with 20-30 minutes as max duration.

1b. Toyota GT4 is also available as GT4 contract if you have the correct DLC.

1c. No DLC car is available under 'Endurance Contract'.

2. Road cars don't have they own carrer but they are available to be chosen on invitational races (ie; 24hrs of Nords, all Cars from Road B are available to be chosen), DTM 90' don't have they own carrer but they have 3 small championships (total of 10 races) on which you can choose to drive either the 190E, BMW or Ford. Basically all cars (except a couple of them) are used either on invitational championships or in a single invitational race.

3. Not all of them, but most of them can be used.

4. McLaren GT1 and the Mercedes GT1 cannot be used in any race on carrer mode.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ok awesome, thanks a lot for your answers, that is exactly what i wanted to know

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    McLaren F1 GTR, Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe DTM, & Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM aren't used at all in career, all other DLC cars can be used either in season career events or invitationals.
    Take a look at my career event checklist to see a full list of events and the track layouts & cars used in each one of them.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'm sorry for adding a comment so late, but, during all this time, I never managed to get a convincing and enlightening answer to this question. From "111122_1234's" reply, one can understand that the Mercedes AMG GT3, for example, isn't available in Endurance Series' contracts. But is it available in the conventional GT3 Series' contracts? In other words, is it possible to compete with the AMG GT3 in the European GT3 Championship, for instance?

Still on the Mercedes topic, is the AMG SLS GT3 available in Endurance Series' contracts? It may be hard to believe, but ever since the game was released, I've been trying to get a Mercedes contract offer and I've never seen one, for the ordinary GT3 Series or the Endurance Series. The same for RUF, for that matter. It's unfathomable.
    Last edited by joelsantos24; 13-11-2018 at 16:26.