Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pagani Huayra BC

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Pagani Huayra BC

Hello,

This isn't one of those "hate " post's, I love Project Cars, I love the new Pagani Huayra BC, but I hate all the turbo whistles and whoose's which sound so loud compared to the engine. Is it just me, compare & contrast..

In Car from Project Cars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dno-Ehr__N0 ( not my clip!)
    In Car ( actual ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9qunm70VDk

Note, there are no whistles and whooses from the actual car! Please Project Cars, turn the comedy noises down please, let me hear the sound of that beast of an engine!

Thank you!

WMD Member
    They are there but alot quieter in the real one. I quite like the way the game one sounds tho, dat turbo flutter <3

Platform
    PC
    If I crank the volume and lower the bass I can hear the whistles and "woosh" noises in that video, they are faint but that could easily be explained by the far from optimum mic it is recorded with.

It could be that the sounds are exaggerated in pCARS, but they are not something they have just added in.

EDIT: The sounds are a lot more prevalent in this clip, https://youtu.be/JK-WbXlPIcM?t=1m18s .
    Last edited by Silraed; 08-05-2016 at 10:15.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Logitech G27 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jussi Viljami Karjalainen, Reinart86

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    We've said it before, and we should remember it now: The difference a change of microphone makes can be absolutely insane, it can change the nature of the sound completely. Combine that with the sound processing video cameras tend to do to reduce stuff like wind noises etc. and YouTube's algorithms as well, and it can be really dang hard to know what's what.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: JessicaWalter, Reinart86, Silraed

Platform
    PS4
    Turbo noises are awesome.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings.

WMD Member
    and its's sad, that the front- and rearwings still are not animated in replays! not really understandable for a high-class-simulation like pcars....
    anyway, the best racing-game/sim i have played s

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    and its's sad, that the front- and rearwings still are not animated in replays! not really understandable for a high-class-simulation like pcars....
    anyway, the best racing-game/sim i have played s
    Well at least they're still simulated, which is the main point. =)

Yeah, replay limitations suck, hopefully pCARS 2 will improve upon those, I'd definitely love to see the dynamic aero stuff actually be properly dynamic and not just on/off in replays.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Try multiplayer all turbo noises don't work... problem solved.

But seriously fix this already it is paid for DLC that is not working incomplete!

WMD Member
    I'm not an expert on this but...it sounds like there is a "generic" sample used on most turbo cars with a phssss sound that seems REALLY LOUD

Can someone confirm that this is generally A LOT louder than a race engine IRL, or there is some sound volume balancing out of whack at the moment.

(the gear shift on Pagani Huayra BC sounds really LOUD also )

I'm all for LOUD but more on the TIRE squeal.
    Last edited by ONT; 08-05-2016 at 21:34.
    Full control of car at start, pit stops, flags and after the end of a race FTW.

Keep it real

CBM 64
    CPU: MOS Technology 6510 0.985 MHz
    Memory: 64 kB RAM + 20 kB ROM
    Graphics: VIC-II (320 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
    Sound: SID 6581 (3 Osc, 4 wave, filter, ADSR, ring)
    Overclocked a little to run pCARS

Platform
    PS4
    Don't know. Only drove the BC a few laps in FP. Goes bloody alright.
    And the turbo noises were so juvenile at every shift it was great xD
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings.
    The following user likes this Post: Krus Control