Thread: Player driven car too loud in replay?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Player driven car too loud in replay?

Hi all,

Does anybody know why your own car sounds so loud when it drives past the trackside camera? All the other cars sound realistic, but when the player driven car drives past, it has a weird and unrealistic sound which is also way too loud! It really destroys the fun of watching a replay for me!

Example video: https://youtu.be/AApj7XhiO1g
    Last edited by ayrtonkee; 08-05-2016 at 17:09.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ayrtonkee View Post
    Hi all,

Does anybody know why your own car sounds so loud when it drives past the trackside camera? All the other cars sound realistic, but when the player driven car drives past, it has a weird and unrealistic sound which is also way too loud! It really destroys the fun of watching a replay for me!
    Actually, I can't hear my car at all, if it's a Ruf, that is. All I hear are the other cars. The Audi R8 sounds awesome going by in replay mode. I like hearing my car a little more than the other cars, but I mostly drive the Ruf and it's almost totally silent as it goes by. Sounds like an electric car. And I hate electric cars!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Foofer37 View Post
    Actually, I can't hear my car at all, if it's a Ruf, that is. All I hear are the other cars. The Audi R8 sounds awesome going by in replay mode. I like hearing my car a little more than the other cars, but I mostly drive the Ruf and it's almost totally silent as it goes by. Sounds like an electric car. And I hate electric cars!
    Seriously? Listen to my car in this video I made: https://youtu.be/AApj7XhiO1g. My car sounds nothing like the other cars. I might play with the sound settings a bit to see if I can change it!

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    AI cars run a reduced audio set for replays, only the player car gets the full treatment (although I know on PC there are some audio elements missing compared to the 'live' audio), which is why you tend to hear the player car more clearly . It's by design and unlikely to change I'm afraid.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne