Thread: [SOLVED] Oculus DK2 - Head Tracking Issues

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[SOLVED] Oculus DK2 - Head Tracking Issues

Hi all!

Just got Project Cars downloaded to try out as I've heard it's great.

I've got a DK2 and have been switching from runtime to runtime to try and get it running nice...

I have it (partly) working now in 1.3.2, but for some reason there's no tracking from the positional sensor? Works fine everywhere else...

Tried it in0.8, but got literally nowhere - the game wouldn't recognise that the Oculus was plugged in!

Any and all help / suggestions gladly received!

Oh yeah, should add: I have an i5 4690, gtx970, 16Gb ram, so don't THINK system is a bottleneck?

Cheers,

Bez

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadbez View Post
    Hi all!

Just got Project Cars downloaded to try out as I've heard it's great.

I've got a DK2 and have been switching from runtime to runtime to try and get it running nice...

I have it (partly) working now in 1.3.2, but for some reason there's no tracking from the positional sensor? Works fine everywhere else...

Tried it in0.8, but got literally nowhere - the game wouldn't recognise that the Oculus was plugged in!

Any and all help / suggestions gladly received!

Oh yeah, should add: I have an i5 4690, gtx970, 16Gb ram, so don't THINK system is a bottleneck?

Cheers,

Bez
    Before I start, just to be clear, when you say "downloaded to try out", have you purchased it or downloaded a pirate copy? My apologies for the suspicion but it's just your choice of wording that sets my internal alarm bells off .

Anyhoo, not sure why it isn't working. Runtime 1.3 is the only runtime that will work right now. Don't run with SteamVR or Steam Theatre mode and make sure you have the Oculus Store software running. Then it should work just fine .
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Oh yeah, GOTY edition. I don't go in for that kind of crap!

Oddly enough, I'd left it running while tapping out my post and had a cheeky sunshine beer, and it seems to be working fine now. Can't say I'm overly thrilled with the random "fix itself" thing, but at least it's working!

And, it is indeed amazing!
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Platform
    PC
    Oh yeah, GOTY edition. I don't go in for that kind of crap!

Oddly enough, I'd left it running while tapping out my post and had a cheeky sunshine beer, and it seems to be working fine now. Can't say I'm overly thrilled with the random "fix itself" thing, but at least it's working!

And, it is indeed amazing!
    Cool, glad it's working

My apologies for my overly suspicious nature
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Haha yeah no worries bud! Can't be too careful these days.

Thanks for the quick replies even though they weren't really needed - good to know there's an active community around the game that's even online on an afternoon like this!

Platform
    PC
    Haha yeah no worries bud! Can't be too careful these days.

Thanks for the quick replies even though they weren't really needed - good to know there's an active community around the game that's even online on an afternoon like this!
    I have no life

There's a good community here, yep. If it wasn't myself, somebody else would have stepped in pretty quickly to offer some advice .

I've got a DK2 myself so if you need any help just ask. A couple of tips though :-

1. Don't enable Motion Blur (if it's already enabled, disable it)
    2. Disable 'Stretched Headlight Reflections'. They look nice but they aren't currently aligned correctly.
    3. There is no mouse visible in the Rift but it will appear on your monitor, so just lift your visor up to see your screen and you should be able to navigate OK
    4. Don't be tempted to ramp all the detail up - your system won't cope, trust me . Environment Mapping and Reflections can safely be left on Low or Medium - you'll only really see a difference in the wet and probably only then in replays/screenshots