Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Overlay (for console streamers)

Platform
    PS4
    Sorry, the video is in italian. I can write in a comprehensible english but not able to speak in the same way... maybe I will add subtitles.
    But I think it gives you an idea of what you can do with this Excel file

Last version (45r) released in the first post of this topic.

-) erased from layout the blue driver card: same pictures or data already available in other infocards
    -) added "CURRENTLY WATCHING" card in the center with random textual informations about the selected driver
    -) added driver flag (country) selection: this release comes with approx 50 flags
    -) added option to view all the top left area, only rank and nicks, nothing
    -) no more need of specifing RGB values for car colors, ignore those fields: now is enough to choose a background color for the "C" cell
    -) added language selection for display (rude way... but it works). Commands remain in english
    -) added a folder structure: Flags, Drivers, Cars. App will look for files in these folders, no more need to specify the whole path, only the name of the file (with his extension)
    -) added optional information about your championship and event

You can find my personal collection of car liveries (not so many, sorry, GT3 and Formula Renault in primis) linked in the 3rd post of this topic.
    Last edited by Chawabax; 05-06-2016 at 08:35.
    The following user likes this Post: TonyR

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chawabax View Post
    I'm waiting for some feedback from "non italian" users and from XBOX users
    Just add this to the apps list and website to get some exposure as it looks fantastic , I can't test as I dont have a video capture card, which I assume is different to a normal video card . I do have an external device for video recording and elgato though ??
    Pcars Resources for All Platforms | Console Racing Forum
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Just add this to the apps list and website to get some exposure as it looks fantastic , I can't test as I dont have a video capture card, which I assume is different to a normal video card . I do have an external device for video recording and elgato though ??
    I'm using Elgato HD.
    Elgato is what I call "video capture device (card)"... maybe I used wrong words, sorry

Actually I have 4 users, italians, all of them streaming (or simply tested) game on PS4... and it is working without problems (if you have a PC enough powerful to stream, your PC is enough powerful even for this Excel file)
    Last edited by Chawabax; 05-06-2016 at 22:40.

Platform
    PS4
    This is a pretty cool concept. If I was a streamer I'd definitely give it a shot. Might point a few people I know that do stream in this direction to give it a shot if they use their PC's to stream.
    PS4 : CSR - W/ Elite pedals and shifter kit.
    The following user likes this Post: Chawabax

Platform
    PS4
    Wow !!! Smply WOOOOW !!!!

It's amazing man, and you say it's not professional ? lol
    It look almost better than what we see on TV on racecar events !
    Maybe not professional as you aint paid for it but definitly a professional look !

Our club stream all races we do and we got over 2000 viewers so far, i think it worth the effort to use your awesome soft to give them some eye candy on jext events.

Big thanks to make it available for consoles too, i bow in respect...

Zalex, Canadian Racer in PCLA (PS4)
    DIY PVC Rig, Corbeau Seat, T300Rs+599xx Wheel, TH8A Shifter, ClubSport v2 Pedals over CPX
    BenQ W1070 1080p DLP -> 88 inches, 5.1 System, pCars Dash & Crew Chief on tablets, testing others as they come.
    IgnitiON PS4 Button Box, USB-Numpad on the side, Wonderfull Wife that let me race as much I want !
    The following user likes this Post: Chawabax

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalex View Post
    Wow !!! Smply WOOOOW !!!!
    Our club stream all races we do and we got over 2000 viewers so far, i think it worth the effort to use your awesome soft to give them some eye candy on jext events.
    I did something similar for my team (but F1 2015 game) and we reached the record of 520 live viewers (but only 650 subscriptions for the website), with Project CARS races only 200 so far.
    So it is clear that there was people watching the race only because of the show, not involved in the website activities.

I think virtual races on TV will be something that software developers should take in account in next releases of games
    Last edited by Chawabax; 08-06-2016 at 19:44.

Platform
    PS4
    I think I reached the limit
    Don't know where to put more command buttons and Excel is telling me that the main subroutine is too big... TOO BIG !!!

But... OK... I did some change and some add.

First, no meaning to have championship data and not to have the championship standings, initial and updated during the race. So I did it.
    There is a new big list of drivers appearing in the center of the screen with champ ranking.
    Actually I used this list to show drivers racing (with the order specified in the driver's database), actual race ranking (bigger names for smaller screens, sometimes useful for phone spectators) and championship ranking (initial or updated)

You can show these 3 lists pressing <RACING>, <Act POS> or <CHAMP> command buttons. The list will NOT disappear automatically, you have to click on the button again to hide it, or press the <HIDE> button.
    There are 2 more buttons, green colored, to force showing or hiding the list. Remember that pressing green buttons will show the list but data will be NOT updated. Only for setup meaning (maybe changing position).
    Top left area will no more show championship points updated (if <CHAMP Upd> enabled): I erased this function because I was not able to sort drivers following the new rank.
    Now you have 2 options:
    -) <CHAMP Upd> NOT enabled: pressing <CHAMP> command button the list will appear showing championship ranking as it was at the start of the race
    -) <CHAMP Upd> enabled: pressing <CHAMP> command button the list will appear showing championship ranking updated to the actual race ranking (zero points to DNF or DSC)
    IMPORTANT
    If you want to use this feature you have to fill the driver's list in a specific way:
    a) app will consider only the first 16 drivers in the champ rank
    b) it is not important in which position you insert a driver, but it is important that his ID must be <=16 (better if <= number of champ drivers)
    c) it is not necessary that ID = rank position
    d) you have to specify championship rank for each driver (in the champ): app will not calculate initial rank basing on points (updated rank is automatic)

What about the STARTING GRID? This is already displayed correctly by the game so there is no meaning to duplicate it.
    BTW... there are some races where the starting grid is not determined by a qualifying session performed immediately before. In these particular circumstances you can use the RACING list as a STARTING GRID list: drivers in the database must be ordered following the starting order. I'm not speaking about the driver ID, I'm speaking about the ROW in the database.

Second, I apologize with those millions & millions of users ( ) who prepared driver pictures in the 3:4 aspect ratio. I decided to move to 1:1 ratio because app was showing in a good way PNG files with transparent background but was cropping in a bad way JPG or other types of pictures. Exagonal shape suggests to use 1:1 ratio
    But... since I know that few of you have a picture of all championship drivers, I will offer you a new option... LOGOS
    There is a new column in the driver datasheet where you can insert the logo (picture) of the car constructor, of the champ, of the team... what you want.
    Driver card area will show driver's picture or logo picture (what is available) or both randomly.

There is a new folder called "LOGOS" where to put those pictures: release "49r" comes with 28 constructor logos (I think quite all Project CARS constructor list)
    Last edited by Chawabax; 13-06-2016 at 21:56.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Just to let you know I had this working last night on xbox. Ran a single player race and some free practice and it worked fine. I used obs and had never used it before, took a bit of getting used to getting screens to fit but that was more me never having used obs.

I will look at the championship set up over the next weeks or so as we have a league race coming up.

Does anybody know if it would work broadcasting a replay so as to show the race from different camera angles other than from the streamers view only
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Does anybody know if it would work broadcasting a replay so as to show the race from different camera angles other than from the streamers view only
    Big problem when broadcasting (true on PS4 but I think even for XBOX) is that if you fix internal view for drivers, even the spectator view during the race will be fixed on internal view.
    This is decreasing a lot the pleasure of viewing a race live... hope SMS will look at this next release of the game

Replay is giving you data but not sure if in a good/complete way... few tests.. but even with replay there is a problem: often (PS4) car liveries are wrong, some cars do not move from the start line (often when these drivers disconnected during the race) and don't know if related data are right (as the race was) or wrong (they do not move).
    This is why I was thinking to add feature to record the race and to apply data to the replay... but was only an idea.

I will test these days the replay, the chance to record and the chance to extend from 16 to 32 drivers

Platform
    XBOX1
    I am not sure if you have seen crewchief http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-amp-PC/page60 but if you try to run your app with crewchief depending on which one is turned on first the other will not work

I run them both on the same pc