Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Overlay (for console streamers)

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    I am not sure if you have seen crewchief http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-amp-PC/page60 but if you try to run your app with crewchief depending on which one is turned on first the other will not work.
    I run them both on the same pc
    I'm not using other apps so I was not aware of this problem. And I really don't know how to solve (if a solution exists)

BTW, apart the race standings on the top left, there is not so much meaning to have all other data and features if you are driving simply because no one will activate them (not in manual mode... you are busy driving, not in automatic... they will auto-activate when you move camera on a different driver). Somehow this app is "optimized" for streamers only, not for drivers (I apologize)

Today I tested app + replay... it works fine !
    Still to test with video F-FWD or F-BWD option
    Last edited by Chawabax; 16-06-2016 at 18:33.

Platform
    PS4
    For the problem about running more than one thing at once (crew chief and this for example), on android the problem is about the port locked by one of the application. Crew chief dont lock the port, pCars Dash either, but one of the latest app do lock it and we can't use anything but that app when opened.

it might be related to this too, if your soft lock UDP port for itself, other soft needing UDP port data wont work.
    or your's wont work if other one is opened before...

My guess... as i bought all apps both for apple and android and ran trough these UDP ports problems.

Craig from pCars Dash might give a hint on how to not lock it as he code his app/soft for all platforms, including Windows.
    A great guy, sure he'll be happy to help
    DIY PVC Rig, Corbeau Seat, T300Rs+599xx Wheel, TH8A Shifter, ClubSport v2 Pedals over CPX
    BenQ W1070 1080p DLP -> 88 inches, 5.1 System, pCars Dash & Crew Chief on tablets, testing others as they come.
    IgnitiON PS4 Button Box, USB-Numpad on the side, Wonderfull Wife that let me race as much I want !

Platform
    PS4
    Just added to the first post of the topic a downloadable USER MANUAL, much better than the previous one

Platform
    PS4
    Youtube is full of race videos: 1 hour of internal view without any comment... absolutely boring... but this is a problem of the game "spectator view" limitations... hope they will change
    Even when you have a good external view (no locked internal view for both drivers and streamer) and a commentator, you will see "only" the pure race video without any overlay simply because the streamer has not the hardware to do it (ok ok... even the engine noise is bugged after 15 min so you have to decrease the engine volume... hope also this issue will be solved )

Which is the problem for standard console users?
    They have a console, maybe they have a good internet connection, but they don't have a video capture device (Elgato or others) and a PC enough powerful to process incoming video and to stream a good quality video.

I tried a different approach: streaming 2 videos, the race from PS4 (SHARE function), the second one from your PC (you don't need a powerful PC) with limited Excel area, top left with race ranking and time gaps, and the viewer can watch the race only or overlay by himself the ranking over the race.
    The streamer needs OBS Studio (free), video output at 480p is enough so... low CPU/GPU requirements, low bandwidth requirements
    The viewer need to open 2 separate web browser windows, and using some overlay software (ONTOPREPLICA is free) he can overlay the "rank" video (only the interesting selectable area) on the race video

Why not the entire Excel sheet? Because I was not able to find an overlay software capable to filter black background
    OnTopReplica is able to change the opacity of the overlay so you can reduce it to 75% to be able to watch the race video, but the race video will be dark. If your overlay is limited to the top left rank area... this is not a big issue
    Last edited by Chawabax; 26-07-2016 at 10:55.

Platform
    PS4
    I have a feedback from a guy that is not able to make this Excel app working on Windows 10

Runtime Error '429' - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

when creating the DLL.class object

Do someone has the same problem or, do some Windows 10 user has not?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Chawabax View Post
    I have a feedback from a guy that is not able to make this Excel app working on Windows 10

Do someone has the same problem or, do some Windows 10 user has not?
    I use windows 10 and excel 2010 and it worked for me no issues
    Pcars1 Resources for All Platforms
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

The following user likes this Post: Chawabax

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    I use windows 10 and excel 2010 and it worked for me no issues
    thanks for the feedback

I will look more deep in the web to find a solution... the big problem is that I don't use Win 10 and the debug is really difficult this way :-))))))))

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chawabax View Post
    New feedback from the guy:

issue is not coming from Windows 10 but seems to be related to the Office version (doesn't matter the year 2010, 2013, 2016)

Office Professional Plus: NOT working
    Other Office versions: working

Platform
    PC
    He's not using it on a work PC which may have a restrictive Group Policy setting from the IT department, perhaps?

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    He's not using it on a work PC which may have a restrictive Group Policy setting from the IT department, perhaps?
    I will ask, I'm interested to understand this issue