Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Logitech G Championship Series: Round 2: LMP2 at Imola

Marketing and esports Manager Joseph Barron's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

Logitech G Championship Series: Round 2: LMP2 at Imola

Round 2 of the Logitech G Championship Series opens at 1am UK time on Friday.

Enter via the Community Events screen in-game, on all platforms. You will be driving the Alpine A450 LMP2 at Imola.

Only teams which registered during preseason will be eligible to score team championship points.

All drivers are eligible for driver championship points.

In the 2016 season, there are separate Divisions for PC and Console players. The PS4 and Xbox One physics/handling code is the same. There are some minor differences between the two consoles and PC, which is why we have separate Divisions for PC and Console.

Event regulations

Please read the FULL regulations on our Esports website. It is your responsibility as a competitor to read these. If you breach the rules either deliberately, or accidentally, ignorance is not an excuse.

TRACK LIMITS

It is critical that you obey the rules on track limits.

Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt, the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track. These images from a previous Round may help you to understand what is valid, and what is not.

It is possible that you can cut the track or run wide without the game penalising you, and therefore your time & ghost will still appear on the leaderboard. SMS staff will review all of the ghost laps in the top 30 positions on all platforms to check whether drivers have stayed on track for their entire lap.

If we can see from your ghost that you cut the track or ran wide at any point, then we will not include your time in the official results.

In exceptional circumstances where many drivers go off track, we may have fewer than 20 valid times in a Division at the end of the event. However, to avoid further confusion this season, we will no-longer consider times from outside the top 30 to fill out the remaining points positions if these circumstances occur. Only the top 30 event ghosts will be considered from now on.

You must obey the track limits rules around the entire circuit, but please pay particular care on all wide kerbs, on any tarmac/concrete/painted run-off areas and in any areas of sand, gravel or grass.

At Imola you should be particularly careful on exit kerbs & run-off areas. Especially at turns 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12.

If you are unsure which corners these are, please see this circuit map.

Improved times with track cuts

If you improve your time on the leaderboard, but exceed track limits on your new lap, then your time will be eliminated. If this happens, we do not roll back to your previous valid lap time. Only your fastest lap on the leaderboard at the end of the event will be considered for the final results.

Therefore, if during a lap you think that you might have cut a corner or run-wide even slightly, please back-off & abandon the lap, rather than set an invalid lap for the leaderboard. Otherwise you risk setting an invalid lap that you cannot replace with a faster, valid lap before the end of the event, meaning you miss out on possible championship points.

DISPUTES AND APPEALS

If the SMS staff decide that your ghost is marginal on track limits, we may contact you to ask for additional evidence. The only additional evidence that we will accept is chase camera footage of your actual lap, not of the ghost. In light of recent events in the NCS, any footage you give to us must now include the final corner from the lap before your flying lap.

If you think that your lap is close to the limit of the track at any point, please save the replay. Then if we ask you for any additional evidence, you will be able to provide us with chase camera footage of your lap.

Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

We may also request this same video evidence if you claim after the event that a lap deemed to be invalid by SMS staff, was valid. The procedure is the same as the one above. Failure to provide this footage will result in your time being left out of the results.

Assists

You should be able to run with assists on. In "Help & Options" if you turn the individual assists on, or set them to "Real", you should get these same settings in the event. However, only the chosen car's real-world assists may work.

SMS staff during LGCS Round 2

I am on vacation this weekend, so Andy Tudor, SMS staff and the moderators will handle any questions/disputes during this Round. I will not be available via PM (my PMs will be switched off) or email, but you can contact Andy instead. I will be back in time for the next Round in the NVIDIA Series which begins on May 20.

That's all the boring stuff out of the way now. Good luck this weekend!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, cluck, JohnSchoonsBeard, Kevin Leaune, xX-Chris-Xx

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Barron View Post

I am on vacation this weekend
    Holiday? Boris will be blaming the E.U. for that next.

Little bit of politics there.....
    Last edited by JohnSchoonsBeard; 17-05-2016 at 19:34.
    CRAP pCARS Club organiser

Project CARS setup: PS4 Pro, T300RS wheel, T3PA pedals, TH8A Gear stick or DS4, PSVR in large cinematic mode or UHD 55" Samsung (HDR) TV (UE55KS7000), pCARS Dash, Crew Chief, RS Dash, Sony STR DH 810 AV amp (7.1) or Turtle Beach DSS 7.1 surround processor and px22 headphones, Bluetooth keyboard.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I was able to set a time within the top 20. However I noticed that there is no ghost data in the event leaderboard page. But when I check the time trial and backend leaderboard server it says i do have a ghost of my best time. Will it be checked as well?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I assume the review process to make sure the times set are valid gave you lots of work for Imola. When I've set my time on saturday I raced the top 10 ghosts, I've not seen one which was valid at that time.
    Is there already an eta for the results?
    The following user likes this Post: JohnSchoonsBeard

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes, many appeared to be crossing the white lines with everything.
    CRAP pCARS Club organiser

Project CARS setup: PS4 Pro, T300RS wheel, T3PA pedals, TH8A Gear stick or DS4, PSVR in large cinematic mode or UHD 55" Samsung (HDR) TV (UE55KS7000), pCARS Dash, Crew Chief, RS Dash, Sony STR DH 810 AV amp (7.1) or Turtle Beach DSS 7.1 surround processor and px22 headphones, Bluetooth keyboard.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzanine View Post
    I assume the review process to make sure the times set are valid gave you lots of work for Imola. When I've set my time on saturday I raced the top 10 ghosts, I've not seen one which was valid at that time.
    Is there already an eta for the results?

I'm 8th before any scrutineers have had their say but here is my lap for you : http://youtu.be/Yzu-Odf7VF4 I'm on the PC btw even though my profile says Xbox1 as that was my preferred platform at the time.

Platform
    PC
    Expect the top 20 to be winded down to a top 4-6 after reviews. It was very bad this round.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Platform
    PC
    Congrats to winners ! Here is my setup

Limited slip accell 22
    Limited slip decell 40
    Weight bias 52

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imola setup.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	233275
    WCG 2006 Monza Finals Bronze medal (PGR)
    WCG 2007 Seattle(PGR)
    WCG 2010 Los Angeles Finals (Forza)
    Championship Gaming Series 2007-2008 (PGR & Forza) -Team Berlin Allianz
    http://www.projectcarsgame.com/espor...scom-2015.html - Logitech Cup Winner
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Andy Tudor, Figuur84

Platform
    PS4
    It's nice of you to share your setup

When will it be possible to see the results of the round ?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Apparently my lap wasn't valid. I'm not quite sure why, I've chased my ghost and didn't see anything close. I always review my replay after a PB as well and didn't see anything then so I'm a little confused.

Guess I should've been smart like my teammate and recorded my lap!😭
    Last edited by CQR-Deuce; 19-05-2016 at 01:39.