Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Vive Discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoemse View Post
    Oh i am totally awareof the draw call issue. It is something a coder has to keep in mind when making a game though. It is still shoddy programming. If you are developing a game and you see that your drawcalls are getting outof hand you can react. Others seem to do just fine, keeping the problems in check.

We will see DX12 support.... with pcars2.
    OK, shoddy programming it is then Which works perfect well on Nvidia drivers and runs more on screen, more efficiently, than most engines.

Seriously... We don't write to the graphics card. We write to the DX API. What happens after that is out of our hands.

Platform
    PC
    shoddy programming of AMD of course
    Last edited by Puffpirat; 14-05-2016 at 19:19.
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero Z170 Processor: Intel 6700K 4.6GHz Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz Video Card: MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q Sound: Asus Xonar DGX + Sennheiser G4ME Zero SSD: Samsung 830 256GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB OS: Win10 x64 Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 + Formula + BMW Rim + CSP v3 + CSS SQ

Platform
    PC
    Aren't the consoles equipped with AMD chipset?

SMS must be quite wicked here ^__^'
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.2GHz | GPU: Zotac RTX 2080 AMP | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: Pimax 5K+ VR headset | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    Aren't the consoles equipped with AMD chipset?

SMS must be quite wicked here ^__^'
    They are And much less powered AMD kit than pretty much everyone would have in their PC. The difference is drivers that give us access to lower levels than on PC. The issue is partially OS and partially DX11 restrictions and partially drivers. The first two will improve massively with DX12 and Windows 10 automatically and I have no doubt AMD will work on their side also.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mark Bevan, Schadows

WMD Member
    So has it been confirmed somewhere that pCARS1 isn't receiving the DX12 update? If not, will all tracks and cars from pCARS1 be present in pCARS2?

Platform
    PC
    Yes, I think it was explicitly said in the dedicated thread, pcars 1 won't receive a dx12 patch, way too much work to be done.

As for the tracks and cars, SMS want to keep them all in pcars 2 (after all the work is already done), but some might be have to be removed due to licensing constraints.
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.2GHz | GPU: Zotac RTX 2080 AMP | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: Pimax 5K+ VR headset | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none

Platform
    PC
    Little tips found in the steam thread, having your pedals configured as "combined" in the device manager (not in the game) remove the problem with the steam dashbord. You can now navigate with the Vive controllers even with your wheel connected.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoemse View Post
    Unplayable with AMD gpu. As expected knowing how shitty AMD is optimized by the Devs this is a juddery mess. All you can do is play time trial.
    My System:
    i7 3770k @4.6Ghz 16GB Ram
    Fury X

I can't believe theynever bothered to fix AMD performance after release. And yes I know what the Devs wrote about it and I am not buying it. If a 970 GTX outperforms a fury X it is very poor coding and nothing else.

What exactly is unplayable? If it is, check your system, it may be faulty. AMD did improve their drivers, the difference isn't that big anymore to Nvidia.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I loaded up Projects Cars with the Vive yesterday and made sure all my settings were at their highest (the way I usually run them without VR). I use 2560x1440 as resolution. The menu screens seem to display well, sort of like a large poster board. However, the visuals in-game seem to be utterly low res, they almost remind me of 90s SEGA games. I'll update this post once I get home and take a screenshot, but it feels like I'm in 2D, with a lot of jaggies, and I can't read any of the signs. I deleted the config files like in the Vive thread.

Does anyone else have this problem or solved it?

PC Specs: Intel i7 6700K | Gigabyte G1 980Ti | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

Platform
    PC
    There is nothing to do here. The low res effect is due to the resolution of the screens and the distance at which you are seeing it from (a few centimeters).
    There is also the fact that, contrary to other games, most of the action takes place far in the distance, which makes this effect worse (little models displayed upon only a few pixels).

But I'm surprised you could play without any stutter with all settings at their highest ("resolution" is the one for the mirrored image on the monitor), even with a 980Ti.
    The following user likes this Post: fatbobbybob