Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Turbo spooling noise missing in MP(ANSWERED)

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    21
    Platform
    PC

    Turbo spooling noise missing in MP(ANSWERED)

    Since I bought this game I noticed that allot of cars sound way better in single player compared to online, specially the cars with the big turbo spooling noise. I get 0 turbo sounds when I drive online, what's a workaround/fix for this so I can get those awesome sound online aswell?


    EDIT: People are thinking I can't hear the sounds at all or something but the thing is I can hear the turbo sounds loud and clear when I am playing offline (practice,quick race,career etc). But as soon as I go play in multiplayer, no turbo sounds to be heard. Go try for yourself, with pagani huayra for example. Seems like a file got mixed up for online sounds or something and I'm wondering if anyone managed to actually fix it so that you can hear the same sounds you hear in single player(offline gameplay) online(multiplayer) aswell.

    UPDATE!! ANSWERED:

    Quote Originally Posted by resmania View Post
    This is a new bug appeared since Ford Falcon got new engine sound and it only happens when you join a active session.
    Well that's a bummer, but the devs said they will continue to fix bugs so I hope this get fixed soon.
    Last edited by plama; 20-05-2016 at 20:08. Reason: Answered

  2. #2
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    79
    Platform
    PC
    Many people report missing features in their "paid" for DLC I am yet to see any response. Hopefully will get one in this thread

  3. #3
    GT5 Pilot kevin kirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    west virginia
    Posts
    1,312
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Different platform but might help. I was having that problem of missing sounds,turbo included, in single player. I noticed it when I realized I wasnt hearing that whining sound the audi etron quatro makes under braking. I changed my sound settings to uncompressed and now I here every thing.

  4. #4
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,586
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    I changed my sound settings to uncompressed and now I here every thing.
    How'd you do that?
    I'm wondering if I can find a similar option for PS4.
    Gonna have to try some funky sounding cars in FP vs MP...
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

  5. #5
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    21
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    How'd you do that?
    I'm wondering if I can find a similar option for PS4.
    Gonna have to try some funky sounding cars in FP vs MP...
    How did you change that was it in game or platform change? Can't find that option on PC, I hope its an ingame fix but I can't find it anywhere in the options.

    Anyone got a PC fix for this?

  6. #6
    GT5 Pilot kevin kirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    west virginia
    Posts
    1,312
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    How'd you do that?
    I'm wondering if I can find a similar option for PS4.
    Gonna have to try some funky sounding cars in FP vs MP...
    ....in my xbox one sound options menu, I imagine the PS4 would have that option also.

  7. #7
    GT5 Pilot kevin kirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    west virginia
    Posts
    1,312
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by plama View Post
    How did you change that was it in game or platform change? Can't find that option on PC, I hope its an ingame fix but I can't find it anywhere in the options.

    Anyone got a PC fix for this?
    changed on the xbox one menu, but even my laptop has a compressed and uncompressed sound option. So i imagine it would be somewhere on your P.C. When I changed my xbox sound setting to uncompressed, I certianly hear sounds that I dont with compressed. Sounds like the Etron braking whine, things hitting the car like rocks when putting a wheel off, rain hitting the car, the tire sliding sounds also are not over bearing anymore in open top cars. Again, im speaking of single player gameplay .

  8. #8
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,586
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    ....in my xbox one sound options menu, I imagine the PS4 would have that option also.
    I'm guessing its the Linear PCM option in the audio visual menu. I just switched it and the Cadi is making all sorts of racket in an online lobby!

    Edit: nope... Joined another lobby and the sounds are gone
    Last edited by hkraft300; 15-05-2016 at 03:04.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

  9. #9
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    789
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    changed on the xbox one menu, but even my laptop has a compressed and uncompressed sound option. So i imagine it would be somewhere on your P.C. When I changed my xbox sound setting to uncompressed, I certianly hear sounds that I dont with compressed. Sounds like the Etron braking whine, things hitting the car like rocks when putting a wheel off, rain hitting the car, the tire sliding sounds also are not over bearing anymore in open top cars. Again, im speaking of single player gameplay .
    I can't find this option on Ps4. Rocks and rain hitting the car would sound very cool.

  10. #10
    GT5 Pilot kevin kirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    west virginia
    Posts
    1,312
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo_Commando View Post
    I can't find this option on Ps4. Rocks and rain hitting the car would sound very cool.
    ...as far as rock hitting when dropping off a wheel and hearing rain hitting the car you could try engine sound level at low or meduim and sound effects on max.

Similar Threads

  1. Strange noise on start up.
    By kwakaman39 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2016, 20:22
  2. Fan noise too high
    By Falconeye in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-11-2015, 22:03
  3. Wheel spin noise
    By ryoukodragon in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2015, 00:02
  4. No Turbo Noise Online? (RWD P30 LMP1)
    By Racinglova in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-08-2015, 11:50
  5. Mechanical noise when downshifting?
    By resmania in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14-07-2015, 18:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •