Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Solved] the screen freezes several times per round and for several seconds.

Platform
    XBOX1

Angry [Solved] the screen freezes several times per round and for several seconds.

hello project cars community,

i have a problem.
    I bought the game for the XBOX ONE on a disc. Unfortunately, the game is not playable. The screen freezes for some 3 seconds (and the car drives still further).
    How can that be?

I have already tried the following (I got this information from the various forums):
    - HARD REBBOT on the XBOX ONE
    - Joystick update performed
    - Joystick force feedback to 0%
    - The game is completely installed before've played
    - also installed on the external hard drive
    - The game installed several times
    - XBOX ONE completely reinstalled
    - install all updates for the game

it will not get better. These freezing bug is only at Project Cars game.

Here I have documented the bug on the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pgshhsl6Nc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwqDA6gFsk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMqRVyjq9o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpdNdDqTYrY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfuFKeMpqRA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyaMwWK9SWU

Therefore, the question to the community and the developers here: How can that be? I am extremely disappointed that such bugs in the game are still available.
    Last edited by chamaeleon82; 18-05-2016 at 11:37.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I don't know why you still are getting game freezes. With all that you've done, you shouldn't be experiencing it.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1
    I tried now the following:

the game is completely uninstalled from the XBOX ONE.
    XBOX ONE disconnected from the Internet (no LAN and no Wi-Fi).
    Installed the game from the DVD (without updates, there no Internet) --> so delivery status of game.

The game launched, and the screen is not frozen! The game is not unfortunately so up-to-date, but it shows me that the problem with any update comes.

When I go online, I need to update the game and the screen freezes again.

What can this be? Am I alone with this problem???

Platform
    PC
    Have you tried updating the game and then disconnecting from the internet? Just to see if it's something with the network that's causing it.
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.9 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (440.97) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Platform
    XBOX1
    incredible, I have the bug found.

Thanks to the tip from SAMPO.
    If the game is played offline (with update also), it works perfectly. Once the XBOX ONE is connected to Internet, freezes the screen, as seen in the video.

So the game tries in the race to synchronize any data on the Internet. So the problem lies here. Have my network connection check, and saw that the Teredo filter was activated. Filter disabled, and it works! Incredible!

So dear Development Team: I think that a normal player not finds something out, and frustrated throws away the game. Please rework.

Otherwise, the game is so cool……
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Platform
    PC
    Do you have your Xbox in power save mode or instant on? I had a lot of problems like this in instant on mode but they have almost disappeared since going to power save. Also make sure you don't have any other apps running in the background stealing cycles. PCars needs all that it can get.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't know if this helps, but I think it does, I run a small fan over my Xbox while playing pCars you can check with an IR Temp gun and see the temp rises exponentially as the game uses all the consoles resources. I used to have the freeze issue and started running fan. The last time I had the issue I wasn't running the fan. Coincidence maybe.. but every little bit helps.
    BTW it's only a small $5.00 fan from walmart that helps push the air through the side of the console. I have a toggle wired to my rig to turn off and on.

Platform
    PC
    I have this very same problem on my ps4. Sometimes I can play for a few hours with no freezes. Other times it happens quite frequently.
    Steam I.D: Ekay_Jay
    Fanatec CS V2.5 | CS V3 pedals| Formula wheel | Momo mod30 wheel | CS handbrake| | Th8a shifter

Superkart Pilot Dan77 DESTROYER's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Humble Stranger View Post
    I don't know if this helps, but I think it does, I run a small fan over my Xbox while playing pCars you can check with an IR Temp gun and see the temp rises exponentially as the game uses all the consoles resources. I used to have the freeze issue and started running fan. The last time I had the issue I wasn't running the fan. Coincidence maybe.. but every little bit helps.
    BTW it's only a small $5.00 fan from walmart that helps push the air through the side of the console. I have a toggle wired to my rig to turn off and on.
    I use a 120mm coolerguys usb fan on top of my Xbox, keeps it running cooler than when I didn't have it, been using it since just before Pcars was released and have only not had it running once and it did start stuttering and mucking about, the heat does ramp up a lot when running Pcars.
    A cheap yet very effective solution to getting the heat away from the console.
    PC:i5k:gtx960:8gb hyperX: 2tb hdd:steelseries mouse and mat:40" Sony Bravia
    XBONE GT: Dan77 SOLO : TX wheel, stock pedals with dual shock brake mod
    The following user likes this Post: Humble Stranger

Platform
    XBOX1
    my XBOX is in power save mode.

thanks for your suggestions. But the problem was the activated Teredo filter in my router "Fritzbox".

I have tried the game now several hours and i have no problems.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, nissan4ever