Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The game graphics is good, but the night lighting needs to be improved.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    Having the right exposure compensation setting is everything in this game. The problem is every car has a different number that looks the best.
    Being able to adjust the compensation while driving would be very handy.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, kevin kirk

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    yeah I avoid night racing except for endurance racing, as the amazing graphics just completely disappear when it gets too dark. great to hear its being worked on for Pcars 2, wonder what kind of pc is gonna be needed to run that behemoth in 4k?! I'll start saving up now for a new card...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    My pc is not a monster, the processor is a fx 4300 and the video card hd 7790 oc but runs well this game it runs at 1600x900 high to ultra with good fps and some effects I hung up. Still the game is pretty much unless this bug inside the cockpit at night. I even decreasing exposure compensation or increasing it seems that is the same thing. I put exposure compensation to 0.1 but stay much dark even so continues with these black spots and increase to 1.5 or 2.0 it was very clear and there is still that thing.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well i didn't really notice, it looks ok to me at night but im looking at the road ahead. Sometimes the headlights don't act naturally or seem a bit on the dim side but i can't verify how it compares to real life as i don't own the car.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think he s talking about the shadows inside the car and more towards the passenger seat space, I always thought that was the result of Low settings for shadows.
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah i checked mine & it looks nothing like that screenshot, the graphics look great in the car at night but then i have everything on max, the op seems to have everything on the lowest.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Even if i put everything at most the game continues with this shadow kinda strange. I do not know why it is so, even if I put in the maximum graphic it is so and also my PC unsuported on max settings.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphxD View Post
    The game have good graphics, but the lighting on the night is very bad. It would be interesting if the quality of the lighting was improved. To get a sense of what i'm talking look the picture quality in the capture.

These black spots that leave the graphic of the game really ugly. Looking so it seems until the car it is infested with ants D: would be a good implementation for the game. Its a good tip for the company of game.
    indeed unfortunate that the lighting is unrealistic, pity.
    The same goes for the AI's in the rearview mirror, you know that they are there somewhere .... but where?, and then suddenly you see them in your mirror ... too late....., sad
    Pcars Car Database II --- PCars Car Database Facebook Page
    PS4 - T500RS wheel - T3PA-PRO Pedals - TH8A Add-On Shifter - Playseat Alcantara Black - Sony Bravia (60" Full HD 3D-TV Dynamic Edge LED)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goeiste View Post
    indeed unfortunate that the lighting is unrealistic, pity.
    The same goes for the AI's in the rearview mirror, you know that they are there somewhere .... but where?, and then suddenly you see them in your mirror ... too late....., sad
    Let's not overdo it, it's not sad At lowest levels on old cards it could be better.

We have a very long draw distance on the RVM for cars.

I refer you to 1.00 in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTgvKI41cM

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I reckon he means when racing in the dark Ian, you tend to not see your opponents' headlights until they are quite close. Can't say I've had suicidal thoughts yet over it though
    The following user likes this Post: kevin kirk