Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project cars won't load on Oculus Rift from steam

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Derek, I don't see in your signature if you are on Win 10 or not. One thing I've learned though is that coming from Win 7 and letting it upgrade to Win 10 automatically was not a good idea. I had all sorts of problems on my Win 10 installation before I did a clean installation. I know you are a well experienced user (reading your comments i DCS forum with great interest for example) and probably already have thought of it, but anyway. Just a thought.
    CPU Intel i5 8600K@stockspeed | MB Asus TUF Z370 Plus Gaming | HDD 120 GB SSD Samsung 840 + 250 GB SSD Samsung Evo | Ram 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance@3200 Mhz | GPU Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG@stockspeed | Displays Asus VG278H@120 Hz + Oculus Rift CV1 | OS Win10 64x | Rig Playseat GT + Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Wheel & Pedals Fanatec CSW V2 + Club Sport Pedals V3

Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    You seem to be one of the very few affected by this. There's nothing for the devs to go on to reproduce the issue as it's all working fine for them, so nothing much they can do either. Must be something in your driver or settings configuration IMO, but I'm no expert at how VR works.
    See below:

Thank you, ctd - I have windows 7 and won't go to 10 until I have no choice. Both Pcars and Pcars2 have the same issue. From where I sit, every other VR application runs that has Oculus v1.3+ runtime support. The only two that have it and won't run are these. I can't justify a full on syswipe to get two titles to run when all of the other VR applications run without issue.

@RVD - it's really impossible to look at the situation and not look here for solutions. Nothing has changed on my system with the exception of the OH program autoupdating to the versions referenced previously.

As of today, the VR titles running on my system with the latest OH runtimes are:

• Elite Dangerous Horizons
    • Assetto Corsa
    • FlyInside for FSX and P3d v's 2.5 and 3.2
    • War Thunder
    • DCS v1.5 and 2.0
    • Life for Speed
    • Oculus Dream Deck
    • Lucky's Tale
    • Photo 360

As stated, Pcars1/2 are the odd ones out. While I appreciate that the argument of user-side issues to be in the realm, it's hard to buttress it against the fact that the only two VR titles that should run but don't are these. Unfortunately, I guess it's the way it goes
    Last edited by Derek Speare; 30-05-2016 at 00:59.
    derekspearedesigns.com | i7-5930 | 32gb Ram | EVGA 980ti | Evo 850 1tb | Lots of sim racing goodies | CV1 (DK2 retired) | Win7 SP1 | DSD FTW!

PCars Supporter Since October 2011 - All DLC Owned

Kart Driver
    I cannot get Pcars to run on my CV-1 rift. I even did a clean install of windows and have the latest versions of windows 10 64-bit, Steam, Pcars (not beta), Oculus and Nvidia 368.22.

I'm sad by how this is turning out, as I bought my Rift for Pcars alone, and held off on triple monitors. I'm considering returning my Rift if I cant play PCARs!

My hardware is:
    Z68 Intel Chipset
    I7-2600K OC to 4.0Ghz
    16GB of 1866
    MSI 980 Gaming
    Samsung 500 EVO SSD
    Clean install of Windows 10 64-bit.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Speare View Post
    See below:

Thank you, ctd - I have windows 7 and won't go to 10 until I have no choice. Both Pcars and Pcars2 have the same issue. From where I sit, every other VR application runs that has Oculus v1.3+ runtime support. The only two that have it and won't run are these. I can't justify a full on syswipe to get two titles to run when all of the other VR applications run without issue.

@RVD - it's really impossible to look at the situation and not look here for solutions. Nothing has changed on my system with the exception of the OH program autoupdating to the versions referenced previously.

As of today, the VR titles running on my system with the latest OH runtimes are:

• Elite Dangerous Horizons
    • Assetto Corsa
    • FlyInside for FSX and P3d v's 2.5 and 3.2
    • War Thunder
    • DCS v1.5 and 2.0
    • Life for Speed
    • Oculus Dream Deck
    • Lucky's Tale
    • Photo 360

As stated, Pcars1/2 are the odd ones out. While I appreciate that the argument of user-side issues to be in the realm, it's hard to buttress it against the fact that the only two VR titles that should run but don't are these. Unfortunately, I guess it's the way it goes
    Sorry for not reading through the previous postings, but have you already tried renaming all graphics- and VR-related .xml files in My Documents/Project CARS and also your profile (defaul.sav), to try and see if there's something in those files hindering pCARS from starting in VR mode?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Thank you for the reply. I was not aware that renaming the files was necessary, nor do I know what to rename them. I'm also not aware of what could be in those files that stop PCars from running. All I know at this point is that they both were running and now they don't, seemingly connected to the OH updates, but I am not sure. I am running the Steam installation of both Pcars and Pcars2.

If I rename these files, will new ones be automatically created on the next installation instance?
    derekspearedesigns.com | i7-5930 | 32gb Ram | EVGA 980ti | Evo 850 1tb | Lots of sim racing goodies | CV1 (DK2 retired) | Win7 SP1 | DSD FTW!

Kart Driver
    I got it to work based on this thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...culus-Rift-CV1

Basically, I was running my monitor off my Intel chipset and the Rift of my MSI 980's HDMI and that was issue. I needed to run my monitor off the 980 and not use the Intel GPU at all.

Platform
    PC
    Thank you for the reply. I was not aware that renaming the files was necessary, nor do I know what to rename them. I'm also not aware of what could be in those files that stop PCars from running. All I know at this point is that they both were running and now they don't, seemingly connected to the OH updates, but I am not sure. I am running the Steam installation of both Pcars and Pcars2.

If I rename these files, will new ones be automatically created on the next installation instance?
    It shouldn't be necessary, but if there is something in the settings that causes your problems, you can check that with renaming them. Just add a _ after the name or something (graphicsconfigdx11.xml_), just so that it's different from the real one. The game will make new ones with default settings when you next start it. Start with just the .xml files and if that doesnt work, try the default.sav (it has all other settings and gamesaves apart from the graphics). Default.sav is in \Steam\userdata\[userid]\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav.
    Last edited by Sampo; 30-05-2016 at 18:31.
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.9 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (445.78) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Renamed them. It created a new version of graphicsconfigdx11 but did not for oculussettings or graphicsconfigoculusdx11. The last date the graphicsconfigoculusdx11 was used/written was May 6th. Thank you

Platform
    PC
    Renamed them. It created a new version of graphicsconfigdx11 but did not for oculussettings or graphicsconfigoculusdx11. The last date the graphicsconfigoculusdx11 was used/written was May 6th. Thank you
    So did this fix the problem?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    So did this fix the problem?
    Thank you, no - it didn't create the other two files with "oculus" in the filenames. Heretofore Pcars automatically started in VR when the Oculus was connected and on. I have specifically started OH first and verified proper function on the HMD and then run Pcars. Also, the opening sequences would be displayed on the HMD. Unless something has been changed to where only the driving now is on the HMD, then there's no VR. If only the driving is on the HMD since May 6th then I apologize as I have only stopped at the initial interface screen.