Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this be the game for me?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Will this be the game for me?

Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding Project Cars, I'm thinking about it to buy the GOTY edition since it's not very expensive for what you'll get, I'll just have some questions about the game. The main one are the customization and difficulty of the game. I like racing games, I loved the GT franchise for quite some years now but I think that maybe Project Cars might be a step to far for me since I hear it's all about realism and simulating etc. and I'm just not that much of a hardcore race fan. I don't know if any of you played the game Real Racing 3 on the iPad or anything like that (I know, worst comparison ever lol...) but the way that game played, a little bit of steering assist, quite some braking assist etc. Thats what I like about it, you can look like a pro although you are absolutely not. Now I heard that because of all the customization in this game that you could also choose to play like that if you want to and I want someone who can tell me wether its true or not, most likely I'm not playing the game as the dev's want me to but thats just the way I like to play racegames. So if anyone knows the answer of my question, please let me know... I don't have a lot of money so it's either project cars or Assetto Corsa, which I'm also looking at ATM... Don't know what the differences are between those two and which one I should get.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english,

GuitarHero-NL

Platform
    PC
    Your English is fine.

The game includes steering and braking assistance. I haven't tried those assists so I can't tell you how good they are. However you're correct in your statement that the game is all about realism. To the point that you may not find it fun to play if that's not what you're into. What would you be using for input? The game is best played with a wheel but can be played using a controller. It's just harder to be smooth that way.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I dont have the space right now to get a steering wheel so I'll be playing it with a controller on the PS4, but to be clear, I can make the game as easy as I want to and after that scale the difficulty up for a better challenge? Because usually I hate it when a game has only like easy, normal and hard difficulty setting, I'd like to make tiny steps at the time.

Platform
    PC
    Honestly, it sounds like you might want to check out Forza 6. PCars can be played with full assists, but it's not a casual racer. It leans pretty far to the hard sim side. It's best played with a wheel, but you can get a controller to work with some tuning. That's said, it would require a lot more tuning than it sounds like you're used to. I've actually played Real Racing 3, once, for about five minutes. If you actually enjoyed that game, then PCars isn't for you. I thought Real Racing might be a fun lite-racer for my commute. Turns out, I'd rather spend the time just reading about race craft and/or watching tutorial videos, instead of playing that game.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHero-NL View Post
    I dont have the space right now to get a steering wheel so I'll be playing it with a controller on the PS4, but to be clear, I can make the game as easy as I want to and after that scale the difficulty up for a better challenge? Because usually I hate it when a game has only like easy, normal and hard difficulty setting, I'd like to make tiny steps at the time.
    The AI difficulty can be adjusted to anything you want (1-100% difficulty).
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    The AI difficulty can be adjusted to anything you want (1-100% difficulty).
    So that does mean I can make it as easy or hard as I would like to play it..? Because that's what I'm aiming for. I dont want to ride in circles around the AI but I just want to find my pace in the game and simply take it from there.

Platform
    PC
    So that does mean I can make it as easy or hard as I would like to play it..? Because that's what I'm aiming for. I dont want to ride in circles around the AI but I just want to find my pace in the game and simply take it from there.
    Yes.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Awesome... Then I really consider buying the game, I'll be giving it a little more thought and will look for some videos on YouTube about the menu's, difficulty, tweaking and all kinds of stuff. I would like to thank you guys for helping me out here, community sure is helpful!

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You can enable any driving aids you want (TC, ABS, SC, automatic transmission, driving line), you can turn damage on/off, adjust AI difficulty between 1-100%, turn fuel/tyre wear on/off, in career mode you can adjust race length between 1-100%, there's a solo mode where you can create custom race weekends, set race length by either number of laps or time, choose up to 44 AI opponents depending on track, choose time of the day & weather.
    You can also adjust controller settings like sensitivity and such, PCars requires smooth inputs so it might take some practice to get used to the handling. Also, most cars need to warm up the tyres after leaving the pits.

Platform
    PC
    If you play on a ps4 you can use the tilt motion from the dualshock4 to steer. Works wonderfully well. I use almost the default controller settings just a few minor settings changed.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan