Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobilista Discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MillsLayne View Post
    Physics are more important to me than graphics. Although, how's the damage model? That IS important to me.
    It's very good.

And no, the game looks way better than rfactor 1.
    CPU Intel i7 7700k GPU GTX 1070 Windforce Logitech G27 Windows 10 64 bits 16Gb RAM Just one screen...no VR
    Keep Fighting
    Sim racer since GTR2
    Once something is a passion, the motivation is there.
    The following user likes this Post: mister dog

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post

Turns out it's steady state, in the end. =)
    Yep, that was it. Spent too much time pondering over the exact term that everything sounded weird to me in the end
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: Jussi Viljami Karjalainen

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Steam sale, AMS @ 20% off, AMS + season pass @ 24% off.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, Boskapongen, OddTimer

Superkart Pilot Dan77 DESTROYER's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A couple of guys I race with have recently bought this and have been streaming it and it looks pretty good from what I've seen, yes the graphics aren't the greatest but the physics are good from what I've heard, I shall be joining them on it soon hopefully, looking forward to trying it out for myself
    PC:i5k:gtx960:8gb hyperX: 2tb hdd:steelseries mouse and mat:40" Sony Bravia
    XBONE GT: Dan77 SOLO : TX wheel, stock pedals with dual shock brake mod
    The following user likes this Post: mister dog

WMD Member
    The graphics isnt the greatest but the content, physics and sound is definitely on par with the competition.

AMS tend to pick something different from the competition, such as Marcas touring cars, Brazil V8s, Formula Vee, upcoming racing trucks and so on. That alone made me play the game a lot more as there are so many unique content to AMS.

Superkart Pilot Dan77 DESTROYER's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Had this about a month now and it's awesome, physics/ffb are spot on and the cars/track selection is very good, the mods add more goodness to an already good base package, have recently signed up with RWB Racing and have had some of the most intense clean racing I've done in a long time, extremely glad I moved away from console which is going backwards with every game it releases currently it seems, Assetto corsa was such a disappointment it prompted me to make the jump to pc (should of done it a year ago) so glad I did.
    Anyway just thought I'd share my findings on this as it's put a smile on my face, would highly recommend it
    PC:i5k:gtx960:8gb hyperX: 2tb hdd:steelseries mouse and mat:40" Sony Bravia
    XBONE GT: Dan77 SOLO : TX wheel, stock pedals with dual shock brake mod

The physics of the game are very good!

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Get it only if you never want to play pCars again ,lol it makes it feel...not so good .
    But seriously AMS is very good . If you have a pretty beefy pc and can max out AA and HDR settings it looks as good as anything else on the market . People at my place actually think it looks more realistic than AC and pCars . Just missing the interiour shadows which is a let down .
    The FFB and physics also kick butt and there are quite a few good mods that will get you some content that is more like the stuff we usually see in other products on the market .
    i would definitely recommend it and also get the season pass so you can get in on the Beta action and all the coming packs and also the money will help Reiza further fund their next big thing .

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Viljami Karjalainen View Post
    Looks pretty much exactly like rFactor with some small shader updates on my end. =/

Turns out it's steady state, in the end. =)
    Any chance of a look at your shader updates ? If it is anything like other things you have done it should be worth a look

Platform
    PC
    Definitely worth getting. Don't be turned off by the initial setup curve. It seems bigger than it is when you first load the game, because the GUI appears a little cluttered and unorganized and the graphics are very dated looking out of the box. A few months ago, I installed it, played for about 2 hours, and then returned it for a refund. Boy was I wrong.

Last week I reinstalled it, and gave it a go (after having read more about the mods and graphics settings). Letting the GPU handle the graphics settings, instead of the game, makes a huge difference. Like mentioned above, if you have a strong GPU/PC, you can max out the settings and use the HDR mode, which raises the graphic quality to more than acceptable standards. Do that, and the game actually looks really good and graphics become a complete non-issue. In fact, many of the track mods have seasonal variants of the track, so you can select spring, summer, or autumn. Autumn can be amazing on many tracks, because of the colors of the trees and scenery. And I agree that AMS' graphics actually look a bit more realistic, compared to the TV-optimized images in most modern games, which look great on-screen, but don't really look like anything you see when you look out your window.

IMO, the physics and modeling in AMS is second to nothing I've tried. (PCars, AMS, R3E, AC, rF2). Yes, you have to use .ini files for dialing clipping out of the FFB, but it's literally only one setting per car you have to fiddle with. Initially, I though that requiring people to use .ini files for editing the FFB was dumb and the lack of GUI controls seemed to indicate it was something that hadn't been fully development for the launch version. But now I see that it actually gives you more control. Unlike PCars and other games, with FFB scales ranging from 0-100, or 0-200, AMS' FFB gains are much more scalable, with values ranging from 0.0 - 99999.0, and I'm not even saying that's the limit. Basically, there's no ceiling, you can rescale the FFB as much as needed to dial out clipping and/or produce the exact level of force you want. The cars feel absolutely incredible, and fully connected to road (a feeling PCars lacks, IMO).

Same goes for the GUI. What I thought was a mess, I now think was designed/structured in a way that allows the game to remember your session settings at a per car level. Basically, it remembers that the last time you used Car-X, you were on XXXXXX track, with AI difficulty set to 90. Switch to Car-B, and it remembers you were at XXXXXXX track with AI difficulty set to 85. There are quite a few little conveniences I've discovered. Very helpful and intuitive, considering preferred AI difficulty can often vary by car/track combo.

Content-wise, there's just so many different cars, car series, and tracks available. And a lot of tracks you don't typically see in sims, which I really like, because a lot of them are great, and it's always fun learning new tracks. There are also more than enough liveries available to make the grids look great. Also, a lot of the livery packs are based on RL seasons, instead of fictitious teams and sponsorship, which increases the realism factor.

I avoided download GT3 mods in AMS, because I thought I'd had enough of them in other titles. Again... I was wrong. After downloading one of the many GT series available, I was surprised by how good every single one of the cars felt. Even cars I didn't care much for in PCars, I love in AMS. And it's simply because of the FFB feel, car handling, and sounds. AMS has nailed it in those areas.

AMS also has far more realistic track evolution--rubbering, marbles, dry line, etc. And the AI is also better and more scalable, with difficulty settings above 100% and a separate scale for controlling their aggression level (which is huge). These two elements alone, make for some terrific racing. Also allows for more session variety for practicing craft. Try cranking the difficulty and aggression for a session, and then starting first. You'll spend the race defending, which can help you improve your craft.

Sorry. I've been in love with PCars since it launched, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. Graphically, it's still superior, but there's far more to the experience than graphics, and IMO, AMS is more satisfying in many of these areas. All of the cars feel great, and the open wheel experience in AMS is arguably the best I've had (between PCars, AC, AMS, R3E, and rF2).

In short, the game is on sale. Go for it. Just don't be discouraged by the initial setup. Stick with it, and you will be rewarded.

Edit: I'm not saying that PCars is terrible, or that there's anything wrong with it, or trying to open a subjective debate as to which is the better sim. I'm just saying that, as a complete package, AMS definitely gives PCars a run for the money, and, depending on what you value in a sim experience, may even surpass it.

Also... for help with graphic settings: Start the game from the Steam console, doing so brings up additional options. Choose the User Guide, and it will open a PDF with detailed instructions on how to configure Nvidia GPU drivers. Reiza also recommends running the game in Windowed mode, using the borderless option. They say it runs smoother, but I haven't really noticed much difference. If anything, I think the full screen works best, performance-wise. However, I highly recommend running it in a window while you tweak your FFB settings, because when running in fullscreen, AMS doesn't like the Alt-Tab window switching and will freeze. When running in windowed mode, this is a non-issue, and it allows you to make .ini file changes without exiting the game.
    Last edited by Haiden; 06-12-2016 at 17:43.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Dan77 DESTROYER, FS7, GrimeyDog, John Hargreaves