Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobilista Discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Definitely worth getting. Don't be turned off by the initial setup curve. It seems bigger than it is when you first load the game, because the GUI appears a little cluttered and unorganized and the graphics are very dated looking out of the box. A few months ago, I installed it, played for about 2 hours, and then returned it for a refund. Boy was I wrong.

Last week I reinstalled it, and gave it a go (after having read more about the mods and graphics settings). Letting the GPU handle the graphics settings, instead of the game, makes a huge difference. Like mentioned above, if you have a strong GPU/PC, you can max out the settings and use the HDR mode, which raises the graphic quality to more than acceptable standards. Do that, and the game actually looks really good and graphics become a complete non-issue. In fact, many of the track mods have seasonal variants of the track, so you can select spring, summer, or autumn. Autumn can be amazing on many tracks, because of the colors of the trees and scenery. And I agree that AMS' graphics actually look a bit more realistic, compared to the TV-optimized images in most modern games, which look great on-screen, but don't really look like anything you see when you look out your window.

IMO, the physics and modeling in AMS is second to nothing I've tried. (PCars, AMS, R3E, AC, rF2). Yes, you have to use .ini files for dialing clipping out of the FFB, but it's literally only one setting per car, you have to fiddle with. Initially, I though that requiring people to use .ini files for editing the FFB was dumb and the lack of GUI controls seemed to indicate it was something that hadn't been fully development for the launch version. But now I see that it actually gives you more control. Unlike PCars and other games, with FFB scales ranging from 0-100, or 0-200, AMS' FFB gains are much more scalable, with values ranging from 0.0000 - 0.99999, and I'm not even saying that's the limit. Basically, there's no ceiling, you can rescale the FFB as much as needed to dial out clipping and/or produce the exact level of force you want. The cars feel absolutely incredible, and fully connected to road (a feeling PCars lacks, IMO).

Same goes for the GUI. What I thought was a mess, I now think was designed/structured in a way that allows the game to remember your session settings at a per car level. Basically, it remembers that the last time you use Car-X, you were on XXXXXX track, with AI difficulty set to 90. Switch to Car-B, and it remembers you were at XXXXXXX track with AI difficulty set to 85. There are quite a few little conveniences I've discovered. Very helpful and intuitive, considering preferred AI difficulty can often vary by car/track combo.

Content-wise, there's just so many different cars, car series, and tracks available. And a lot of tracks you don't typically see in sims, which I really like, because a lot of them are great, and it's always fun learning new tracks. There are also more than enough liveries available to make the grids look great. Also, a lot of the livery packs are based on RL seasons, instead of fictitious teams and sponsorship, which increases the realism factor.

I avoided download GT3 mods in AMS, because I thought I'd had enough of them in other titles. Again, I was wrong. After downloading one of the many GT series available, I was surprised by how good every single one of the cars felt. Even cars I didn't care much for in PCars, I love in AMS. And it's simply because of the FFB feel, car handling, and sounds. AMS has nailed it in those areas.

AMS also has far more realistic track evolution--rubbering, marbles, dry line, etc. And the AI is also better and more scalable, with difficulty settings above 100% and a separate scale for controlling aggression level (which is huge). These two elements alone, make for some terrific racing.

Sorry. I've been in love with PCars since it launched, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. Graphically, it's still superior, but there's far more to the experience the graphics, and IMO, AMS is more satisfying in many of these areas. All of the cars feel great, and the open wheel experience in AMS is arguably the best I've had (between PCars, AC, AMS, R3E, and rF2).

In short, the game is on sale. Go for it. Just don't be discouraged by the initial setup. Stick with it, and you will be rewarded.
    This is what i tried to write .lol
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Hyper D92 / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / Steam ID : 2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    This is what i tried to write .lol
    Big Dad can you share your Automobilista GPU settings... I have it and i will give another try.... I bought the Full pakage including the Beta when you first sugested it... I Havent played with the settings or played it Much... i been waiting for that Majic update that sorts everything out...LOL.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 06-12-2016 at 16:44.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    ^^Check the edit in my post. You can find the exact Reiza recommended GPU settings there.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Its on the steam automobilista page too if you scroll down. Its also in the instructions if you open it.Now if I could just figure out the mapping...
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega PC Racer/T300 with Heusinkveld pro pedals / VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Its on the steam automobilista page too if you scroll down. Its also in the instructions if you open it.Now if I could just figure out the mapping...
    Those settings look a little different from the one I found starting the game through steam. The guide you access via Steam is more of a full guide, with a section on graphics that covers Nvidia. They might have some of the same info, but the one you access when you start the game through Steam seemed to have more info in it to me.

What's the issue you're having with the mapping? I honestly didn't find it to be any different than any other sim I setup. Not sure why it's giving you trouble. Are you having trouble mapping the wheels or the pedals? If it's the pedals, just for troubleshooting sake... have you tried mapping your TM pedals? That would tell you if it's a hardware compatibility problem.
    Last edited by Haiden; 06-12-2016 at 16:53.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Platform
    PC
    Its bizarre. I cant map anything. My brake and clutch show but as steering and gas. If I click on what I want to map under controls then hit space bar to replace it all it does is replace it with a already used joy position. My pedals and wheel do nothing. Cant be a issue with the pedals the guy that makes my pedals is the physics lead for automobilista and they use it at their shop.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega PC Racer/T300 with Heusinkveld pro pedals / VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Its bizarre. I cant map anything. My brake and clutch show but as steering and gas. If I click on what I want to map under controls then hit space bar to replace it all it does is replace it with a already used joy position. My pedals and wheel do nothing. Cant be a issue with the pedals the guy that makes my pedals is the physics lead for automobilista and they use it at their shop.
    That sounds logical, but, if I were you, I'd just plug the other pedals in to see if they register. You don't have to mount them, just test to see if they are picked up. Are you turning the wheel to full lock--left and right? Until the wheel is actually mapped to a control, the catch point (where the turning registers as a button click) can be pretty far for some wheels. Once it's mapped, it reads the rotation from the center point, but until then, there's a huge deadzone from TDC to the catch point.

If that all fails, I'd say, maybe do a reinstall. Because that's really strange. I had zero problems with the mapping. Have you asked in the Steam forums? If someone else had the issue, they might be able to help.

Also, what happens if you try to remap the brake and clutch to some other keyboard control? Does it still double map them?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    That sounds logical, but, if I were you, I'd just plug the other pedals in to see if they register. You don't have to mount them, just test to see if they are picked up. Are you turning the wheel to full lock--left and right? Until the wheel is actually mapped to a control, the catch point (where the turning registers as a button click) can be pretty far for some wheels. Once it's mapped, it reads the rotation from the center point, but until then, there's a huge deadzone from TDC to the catch point.

If that all fails, I'd say, maybe do a reinstall. Because that's really strange. I had zero problems with the mapping. Have you asked in the Steam forums? If someone else had the issue, they might be able to help.

Also, what happens if you try to remap the brake and clutch to some other keyboard control? Does it still double map them?
    I reinstalled them both yesterday Thought maybe it was stuck on my old profile for whatever reason. Yeah I tried turning the wheel too. My pedals do show them moving so it is seeing them just in the wrong spots. It just never gives me the option to pick what I want it just keeps trying to assign the same things from another postion. I am doing it right right? Click on what you want to map hit space should open up the spot so I can assign what I want. I don't get it every other game took 2 minutes to get working. I did have my wheel and old pedals working before but haven't tried the pedals again yet.
    Last edited by morpwr; 06-12-2016 at 21:36.

Platform
    PC
    I reinstalled them both yesterday Thought maybe it was stuck on my old profile for whatever reason. Yeah I tried turning the wheel too. My pedals do show them moving so it is seeing them just in the wrong spots. It just never gives me the option to pick what I want it just keeps trying to assign the same things from another postion. I am doing it right right? Click on what you want to map hit space should open up the spot so I can assign what I want. I don't get it every other game took 2 minutes to get working. I did have my wheel and old pedals working before but haven't tried the pedals again yet.
    This might be the way you typed it that order isn't correct. You click on what you want. Then press the button or pedal you want to assign to that space, and then you get the option to reassign it [Space] or double assign it [Enter], but the reassign option, only appears if the option is already mapped.

You really need to try the old pedals again to rule hardware out. Otherwise, you could be wasting time focusing on the wrong issue. You don't have to mount them. Just plug them in.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Big Dad can you share your Automobilista GPU settings... I have it and i will give another try.... I bought the Full pakage including the Beta when you first sugested it... I Havent played with the settings or played it Much... i been waiting for that Majic update that sorts everything out...LOL.
    Hey Mate , Sure .
    You need nVidia Inspector and you need to set SparseGrid AA to as much as your GPU(s) can handle in the AA Transparency Supersampling . Mine is x4 but with two 1070's you might hit x8 and in the Antialiasing settings set to x8 Multisampling. Now i set v-sync on in the GPU rather than the game as this give a lot more stable 59.9fps . Setting it on in game and it seems to fluctuate a little . In game i just max everything including AA , i find that even though i force AA in Inspector if i turn it off in game there is still Aliasing . I'm still trying to get good SweetFX settings but i find with the presets not much difference .
    SparseGrid is the key but is really power hungry.
    Hope this helps .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Hyper D92 / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / Steam ID : 2ndLastJedi