Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch Now: Inspired to Drive - The Nicolas Hamilton Story

Social/Web Media Manager Rob Prange's Avatar
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation Watch Now: Inspired to Drive - The Nicolas Hamilton Story

Experience the inspirational story of a race car driverís battle to beat cerebral palsy and his quest to achieve his racing dreams in Inspired to Drive - The Nicolas Hamilton Story.

Inspired to Drive - The Nicolas Hamilton Story is the true story of how a kid born with cerebral palsy went on to swap his wheelchair for the seat of a race car in the cut-throat world of motorsport.

Nicolas Hamilton always aspired to follow his brother, 3-time Formula One World Champion, Lewis Hamilton, into motor racing. Born with a disability that severely impacted his ability to even walk, much less control a car on the limit, Nicolas had to overcome incredible odds. He used those obstacles to inspire himself. Training for years on a simulator, he allowed nothing to stand in the way of achieving his dream. His remarkable success is why Nicolas Hamilton is #DrivenToInSpire us all.

Make sure to watch the film by following the link below and please help spread the word on Nic's inspiring story by liking & sharing the film among your friends!

https://www.facebook.com/projectcars...49932461789256

If you want to tweet about the film, a Youtube version is available to be shared here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-n68xUfsKc

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Just watched it. Absolutely fantastic video and a lovely insight into Nic's background too. Top stuff from all involved .

EDIT : Also, I've mentioned it before and I'm sure that anybody that has met Nic will say the same, but what comes across in the video is the person you meet in real life. He's a very down to earth, humble, honest and thoroughly nice bloke. I might only have spent a few minutes chatting to him at the Autosport Show back in January but it was the way he approached a young girl who also has cerebral palsy that showed me what a truly nice guy Nic is.
    Last edited by cluck; 26-05-2016 at 16:13.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G25 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 7 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Diluvian, hotak, Joseph Barron, RaceNut, Siberian Tiger, Umer Ahmad

Platform
    PC
    cry

I like him much better than his brother...
    nice bloke
    --
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Joe Moore, wolby2010

Platform
    XBOX1
    Great and Inspiring story.
    AKA: JosephZG
    WMD Member
    When in doubt... Go flatout !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Really awesome, even shared it online!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    great little film, definitely good to have on the team. I wonder if anyone ever raced him online here?
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A

Platform
    PC
    Awesome, really enjoyed watching that, thanks for that fellas
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    He even has a Facebook page now https://www.facebook.com/crewchiefapp
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Genuine, sincere and from the heart; everything I've come to expect from Project Cars and the people who helped to create it.

Platform
    PC
    Lewis Hamilton shared the video on his Facebook page...he has a lot of love for his brother.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	233612
    | Intel i7 6770k Skylake 4.0GHz | Maximus VIII Formula | GEForce GTX 1080 | 32Gb DDR4 2133MHz Ram | Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD | 2 x WD 2Tb 7200RPM Data Drive | Corsair 850W PSU (Modular) | WIN 10 Pro 64 Bit | 34" Dell U3415W 21:9 3440x1440 Ultrawide | 24" Samsung 1080p side monitor |