Thread: Car setup mod, in-game P.CARS Setup Database

Platform
    PC

Car setup mod, in-game P.CARS Setup Database

Hi all i'm having a great problem with setting up good road/race settings for the cars.
    Many tracks many kind of settings that effect behavior.
    I have and am using settings from "The Project CARS Setup Database" and that works but they change or weren't that good and there always be others to test/use.
    Its also takes a long time to put all the changes in, and then to sort them in good order for the different tracks/weather.
    I find it a lite to much and it takes to much away from racing pleasure.
    Isn't there a future where the creators of this game will implement an easy way to use suggested car settings in game?
    And is there or will there be a mod that makes that possible?

Ayrton Senna didn't have to put on a overal and change the settings. Telemetry and words and hand gesture told the crew what the car did and how he felt how it feels better/worse on the tarmac for him.

On this moment i'm loosing momentum and interest and that makes me sad.
    I know its part me, but i'm just not in to the technical thing of setting up a car for all tracks and roads. And keeping them updated.
    Only one type of people will be able to enjoy the limits of this game like this?
    I bought it to race like all of us did, little help please?
    Last edited by Swiffer; 04-06-2016 at 08:27.

Platform
    PC
    Hi there, friend.

Wish I had better news for you, but I don't expect things are going to change from how they are now. I'm the designer and chief developer on the database and from before the game was launched, the most requested feature was to be able to import/export setups straight into the game. From our side we have been open to embrace this since the beginning, offering to assist any way we could. Unfortunately nothing has happened on that front in the year+ since pCars launched. Now that development efforts have shifted significantly into the sequel, SMS efforts on this game seem to be more of the maintenance character than swooping changes, such as this kind of integration would require. Like you, I would welcome the opportunity to import/export straight into the game, but I don't think that this will happen, realistically.

Sorry the process is painful and very manual today. As long as the setup information is stored inside the user's profile, there is little we can do in terms of manipulating its contents. Personally, I find that it helps to run the database on a second device - I use an iPad Air 2 - so that I don't have to alt-tab all the time.
    Last edited by RimanDk; 04-06-2016 at 11:58.

Computer
    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-GAMING 5 | CPU Intel Core i7-4790K @4 GHz, Turbo @ 4.40GHz | RAM Kingston HyperX Predator Beast 2x 8GB DDR3 @2200MHz CL11-13-14 | Graphics 2x Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING 4Gb in SLI | Sound ASUS Xonas Essence STX | OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Hardware
    Rig Obutto r3volution | Screens 3x 24" Eizo Foris FS2434-BK @ 5840 x 1080 | Earphones BeyerDynamic DT770 - BeyerDynamic DT990 | Wheel bases Fanatec CSW v2 - Fanatec CSW v1 - Fanatec CSR Elite | Rims BMW rim (2100g, 320mm) - Formula rim (1210g, 2800mm) - Universal Hub + QSP flat touring 300 leather (1600g, 300mm) - Universal Hub + OMP corsica alcantara (1600g, 320mm) | Pedals Heusinkveld Engineering Sim Pedals Pro - Fanatec CSR Elite

Racing experience
    PC Project Cars - NFS Shift 2 - NFS Shift - NFS Pro Street | Assetto Corsa | Raceroom Racing Experience - Race 07 with all expansions - GTR 2 - GTR - GT Legends | F1 2011 - F1 2010 - Dirt 3 | Next Car Game | GRID AutoSport | Juiced | Viper Racing
    Xbox Forza 4 - Forza Horizon - Forza 3 PS3 Gran Turismo 5 - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Ferrari Challenge, Trofeo Pirelli

Need a setup? http://projectcarssetups.eu/ - My setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/RimanDk - Jussi's (OEM) setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/Jussi
    Everything about the setups website here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ll-your-setups
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, JimBoum

Platform
    PC
    Hi Friend thank you for you reaction. Its sounds clear but saddening.

No possibility a MOD could be created to do it anyway?

I'm happy that i'm not the only one out there who understands the position for race enthousiast.
    Good advice by using a other device. I'm using my 2e screen for that.

Thanks again.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    No, since the Setups are handled directly trough the Game System Files it's not possible to create a Mod. (In my Knowledge) - I'm Sorry.
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    PC
    That's also bad news that I didn't aspected.
    But there are more things in this game that makes me feel its a beta and not a good finished race game.
    Like not having the choice what screen should the game be running on. In my eyes that's basic stuff and its missing.
    And it wasn't cheap to buy, that makes it so sad.

Thanks for you reaction.

Lets hope a whizzkid stands up that can changes ThiS game so we don't have wait for part 2 of this game.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiffer View Post
    Like not having the choice what screen should the game be running on. In my eyes that's basic stuff and its missing. .
    I never saw such an Option in a Game... However, you can do this with this Open Source Programm: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tvgamelauncher/
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    I never saw such an Option in a Game... However, you can do this with this Open Source Programm: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tvgamelauncher/
    I have seen it more then ones and I think it's should be a normal thing that's available.
    But thanks for the option that will do the job too. I'm getting right to it to try.
    Thank you